Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #16
Chubble19
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Scottish Boxing update

Good report, fine for newbie's like me to get some info on our guys.....

Any info on the best Scottish fighters to watch for the future?
Chubble19 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #17
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

McEwan
Gary Young
Lee McAllister (local guy Chub)
Greg Paterson
James Ancliff (hes abit of a journyman now but a good fighter)
Appleby
John Simpson (hes doing amazing at the moment)
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #18
Chubble19
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
McEwan
Gary Young
Lee McAllister (local guy Chub)
Greg Paterson
James Ancliff (hes abit of a journyman now but a good fighter)
Appleby
John Simpson (hes doing amazing at the moment)

Cheers min, I have followed Lee, Appleby and Simpson, and heard of Ancliff, but will do a bit of research on Gary....and Greg Paterson - is he a future world champion at 3 different weights
Old 07-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #19
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubble19 View Post
Cheers min, I have followed Lee, Appleby and Simpson, and heard of Ancliff, but will do a bit of research on Gary....and Greg Paterson - is he a future world champion at 3 different weights
Garys a good fighter.

Lees alright he might win the Lonsdale if Murray moves up a level. He is capable to do it and he looks much improved.

And Ancliff hes from fettercairn.

Greg Paterson - dont know about that but hes a decent fighter

I ask Price for abit about some of the new guyson the block hes fought half of them.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #20
Chubble19
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Garys a good fighter.

Lees alright he might win the Lonsdale if Murray moves up a level. He is capable to do it and he looks much improved.

And Ancliff hes from fettercairn.

Greg Paterson - dont know about that but hes a decent fighter

I ask Price for abit about some of the new guyson the block hes fought half of them.

Aye Lee will be alright if he keeps the head and sticks to a gameplan - he could have done well against Murray if he frustrated him some more, and he outboxed him early on - just let himself get in a scrap and that suited Murray to a tee!

Price did tell me about fan he was in the amateurs and fought alongside Ricky Burns and that....said that the Glasgow boys got better treatment than us lads up north though
Old 07-15-2009, 05:32 PM   #21
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Aye Lee will be alright if he keeps the head and sticks to a gameplan - he could have done well against Murray if he frustrated him some more, and he outboxed him early on - just let himself get in a scrap and that suited Murray to a tee!

Price did tell me about fan he was in the amateurs and fought alongside Ricky Burns and that....said that the Glasgow boys got better treatment than us lads up north though
Lee is good his last fight was the best i have seen of him.

Price fought alongside a heap of guys. He fought Kenny Anderson by weighing in with his clothes on with coins and car keys in his pocket. and was still something like kgs to light but fought anyway and lost by 1 point Anderson had had 100 odd fights price had had about 20 odd
Old 07-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #22
Chubble19
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Lee is good his last fight was the best i have seen of him.

Price fought alongside a heap of guys. He fought Kenny Anderson by weighing in with his clothes on with coins and car keys in his pocket. and was still something like kgs to light but fought anyway and lost by 1 point Anderson had had 100 odd fights price had had about 20 odd

Aye I did hear Lee did well at the beach ballroom like - next one at AECC aye?

Price did tell me aboot Kenny Anderson as weel...Price should have stuck at the boxing like, but he was tellin me how hard the trainin is, and if u canna dedicate urself morning, noon and night you just canna do it at the top level like. His work and stuff just got in the way. I will hae to go in by Score and see how he's gettin on like. Does Jordan fae score go the boxing? Price told me aboot fan they went to Mayweather V Hatton like - best atmosphere ever he said.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #23
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Aye I did hear Lee did well at the beach ballroom like - next one at AECC aye?

Price did tell me aboot Kenny Anderson as weel...Price should have stuck at the boxing like, but he was tellin me how hard the trainin is, and if u canna dedicate urself morning, noon and night you just canna do it at the top level like. His work and stuff just got in the way. I will hae to go in by Score and see how he's gettin on like. Does Jordan fae score go the boxing? Price told me aboot fan they went to Mayweather V Hatton like - best atmosphere ever he said.
Price is basically the trainer now, theres no one to train him so he cant get motivated, simple as its a shame though hes some boxer. And him having kids and all that and his job didnae help either. Hes been trying to get into shape but you can see he cant motivate himself.

Jordan he came down about a month ago for 1 dy and took the training - he likes heavy metal an dthat dont he.

aye Prices Las vegas stories were decent as hell he told us them before one of my fights.

Price is hame this week from holiday so youd see him at the gym hes there most days, he dresses like a poof at work haha
Old 07-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #24
Chubble19
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Price is basically the trainer now, theres no one to train him so he cant get motivated, simple as its a shame though hes some boxer. And him having kids and all that and his job didnae help either. Hes been trying to get into shape but you can see he cant motivate himself.

Jordan he came down about a month ago for 1 dy and took the training - he likes heavy metal an dthat dont he.

aye Prices Las vegas stories were decent as hell he told us them before one of my fights.

Price is hame this week from holiday so youd see him at the gym hes there most days, he dresses like a poof at work haha

Haha he has to dress like i do coz ive got a sales job and i go to score to try and get trainin fae them...baith walkin aboot in shirts and tie!!! We look like a pair of ponces haha!

Jordan aye he's a fine guy like, was awa to AC/DC recently I think - plenty of ink on him like, loves his tattoo's and they are quality like.

Aye Price did say the motivatin is the hard part, and once you have a wife and bairns it all changes!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #25
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Haha he has to dress like i do coz ive got a sales job and i go to score to try and get trainin fae them...baith walkin aboot in shirts and tie!!! We look like a pair of ponces haha!

Jordan aye he's a fine guy like, was awa to AC/DC recently I think - plenty of ink on him like, loves his tattoo's and they are quality like.

Aye Price did say the motivatin is the hard part, and once you have a wife and bairns it all changes!!!
yeh Price wears his tight trousers and his pink shirts with purple Dame Edna glasses. haha

Jordans sound but i only met him afew times

Pricey is still one of the best in the club thouhg
Old 07-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #26
Chubble19
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Och aye Price has been magic since school - he is like 3-4 years younger than me and i mind him at 15-16 bein able to deal wi maist older folk in town like.

Haha tight trousers and pink shirt - think he had that last time i was through!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #27
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
Och aye Price has been magic since school - he is like 3-4 years younger than me and i mind him at 15-16 bein able to deal wi maist older folk in town like.

Haha tight trousers and pink shirt - think he had that last time i was through!
haha his fashion sense is funny i reckon he takes the piss abit.

hes hard as nails i never get on the wrong side of him. Our sparring recently had been alright i was using my reach but when he gets me he abtters the shit out of me
Old 07-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #28
Chubble19
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

aye he packs a punch like - ive kent him for years, never the closest pals, just someone u say fit like to in town, and someone u would chat awa to in the pubs, but always a fine boy like.

He always had wankers startin on him like coz they knew he boxed and that - ****in hate folk like that.

id hate to see fit i would be like in the ring, id get pouned to death i reckon!
Old 07-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #29
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Quote:
aye he packs a punch like - ive kent him for years, never the closest pals, just someone u say fit like to in town, and someone u would chat awa to in the pubs, but always a fine boy like.

He always had wankers startin on him like coz they knew he boxed and that - ****in hate folk like that.

id hate to see fit i would be like in the ring, id get pouned to death i reckon!
he hits like mule i hate him for it, he talks to anyone and hes a good guy, we have a good laugh.

yeh i have heard the stories he also took no shit either. I used to get that but i ignored it

he never goes easy in sparring, i honestly think if he went pro he would be a brit champion
Old 07-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #30
Chubble19
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Oh **** aye easy - he was taking on all the guys who went pro as well, and he was competing if not beating them, and as u said some were at a bigger weight!!!

IF he had dedicated his life to it then he could have been Brit and maybe even mair - nae easy tho, coz he would have had to have given up athin else, and its a hell of a sacrifice like....think we forget all the work, and one freak ko, or defeat and that can be you ****ed like!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum