Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #46
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton to fight for world title in November!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOYA-UK View Post
Apparently the WBA have a total of three world champions at super bantamweight. I don't know whether to laugh or cry
Yep, it's such a hot division that they need 3 champs per sanctioning body! The WBA, IMO, is not far from people treating it the same way as the IBO, WBU, WBF etc. What a sorry state of affairs.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #47
El Cepillo
Baddest Man on the Planet
East Side Guru

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
Yep, it's such a hot division that they need 3 champs per sanctioning body! The WBA, IMO, is not far from people treating it the same way as the IBO, WBU, WBF etc. What a sorry state of affairs.
Just reaffirms my opinions really. All the alaphabettys are inferior to the Ring belt.
El Cepillo is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #48
'Ben'
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The Pie eating... Triad beating... Undisputed king of ESB
vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Tyson View Post
If he's serious about returning. Ricky should fight at 140 and try unify the division. Fighting some unkown Ukraine for a alphabet belt, tells me Hattons motives are to be questioned. 140 is his best weight class so i dont know why he would move up to 147 again.

Couldn't agree anymore.... Shane Mosley is the second WBA champion at welterweight too?..... oh no, I meant to say a 'super champion!'
'Ben' is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #49
'Ben'
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The Pie eating... Triad beating... Undisputed king of ESB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOYA-UK View Post
Just reaffirms my opinions really. All the alaphabettys are inferior to the Ring belt.

Exactly... they're not corrupted by money.
'Ben' is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #50
servo
England.
ESB Senior Member

Haven't heard much about Senchenko, if he is a natural at his weight though, i don't think it is a good choice for Hatton.
servo is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #51
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

I'd rather see Ricky go after another 140 champ,

maybe Tim Bradley i would watch that fight. What are your guys thoughts. Why 147.

I can only think he cant make the weight as easy.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 04:52 AM   #52
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post

maybe Tim Bradley i would watch that fight. What are your guys thoughts. Why 147.

Why ? Isn't it obvious. Him and his dad can "sell" this fight to his fans and the deluded who follow him as a big step for Wicky moving up in weight to the glamour welterweight division to fight for a world title. They won't mention the fact that he is fighting a complete nobody.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 05:15 AM   #53
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post

As a sensible respondant I would agree. It wouldn't surprise me if, after a long time at 140 and a dubious lifestyle, making the weight is no longer so easy for him as it once was. I would watch him and Bradley go at it as well. You have to remember though, the whole source for this rumour is an article in The Sun (British downmarket rag) which doesn't give a source for the story, not even the usual "source close to the fighter" chestnut. I wouldn't be taking it as gospel just yet!
"TKO" is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 05:22 AM   #54
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
They won't mention the fact that he is fighting a complete nobody.
What a load of shite

The very fact nobody knows this guy makes him a nobody

Whether they mention it or not

And it will be moving up, to fight for a title, no 'sell' needed, that's just fact

Anyway, Boxers and their team promoting fights eh, what a bloody disgrace... would never have happened in the old days
trotter is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 05:35 AM   #55
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
What a load of shite

And it will be moving up, to fight for a title, no 'sell' needed, that's just fact

Anyway, Boxers and their team promoting fights eh, what a bloody disgrace... would never have happened in the old days
Re read my earlier post. You are obviously one of the deluded clowns who blindly follow Hatton. It is a complete joke of a fight and you can bet your life Wicky and his money hungry dad will "sell" it to "the fans" as something much much more than it is. It will be cringeworthy some of the things they will say. I'm sure you will lap it up though won't you.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:36 AM   #56
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
What a load of shite

What amuses me is that, if this story was true which I highly doubt, Hatton comes back and fights a nobody for a paper title, which is probably going to be passed off as a world title fight. Cue mock outrage about "fleecing the fans" and such garbage. Junior Witter is about to do exactly the same thing and yet the board is full of good luck messages for him and encouragement for him to "give us another British world champion". Boxing fans' minds work in funny ways sometimes.

Last edited by "TKO"; 07-16-2009 at 06:03 AM.
"TKO" is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 05:39 AM   #57
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

This is simply a soft tune up fight for Hatton which is fair enough after he was KTFO in such brutal fashion but the shit him and his dad will spout will be a joke.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:48 AM   #58
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by "TKO" View Post
Junior Witter is about to do exactly the same thing and yet the board is full of good luck messages for him. Boxing fans' minds work in funny ways sometimes.
What the **** has Ricky Hatton fighting , or not, for a WW title got to do with Junior Witter? The same people who criticised Witter for obsessing about Hatton are now guilty of the same offence but in reverse...is there any chance at all that we can have a Hatton thread without Junior being mentioned?...rant over
icemax is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 05:56 AM   #59
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by "TKO" View Post
What amuses me is that, if this story was true which I highly doubt, Hatton comes back and fights a nobody for a paper title, which is probably going to be passed off as a world title fight. Cue mock outrage about "fleecing the fans" and such garbage. Junior Witter is about to do exactly the same thing and yet the board is full of good luck messages for him. Boxing fans' minds work in funny ways sometimes.
I think the difference is that Junior Witter is fighting for a significant Alphabet title, that happens to be vacant, Ricky Hatton isn't even fighting for a title but we will be constantly told that he is and if he wins he will be a 7 time World Champion. Ricky Hatton, nice guy that he is, is very clever at marketing and even convinced many people that the P4P title was lineal.
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 06:08 AM   #60
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
What the **** has Ricky Hatton fighting , or not, for a WW title got to do with Junior Witter? The same people who criticised Witter for obsessing about Hatton are now guilty of the same offence but in reverse...is there any chance at all that we can have a Hatton thread without Junior being mentioned?...rant over
Fair enough, I just mentioned him by way of an easy comparison. It was to highlight some of the hypocrisies that seem to exist where Hatton is comcerned rather than a dig at your guy. Apologies if it came across in that way. I'll be cheering him on against Alexander.
"TKO" is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum