Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default i'm convinced Khan beats Kotelnik

i've watched kotelnik again and again and i really think khan will win this fight maybe more comfortably then we all think

Kotelnik with his upright euro style will be perfect for khan, Kotelnik doesn't counter well enough over the top, is too static and passive to make it work he's not padestrian but he's fairly slow especially when countering and although he's got a good jab (vital for his style) there's no variety, very rarely more then one and he can be beaten to it and off-set (khan's jab is fast, stiff and hopefully consistant in this fight) Kotelnik also tends to telegraph his punches (lifting is elbow) plus he needs to set his feet everytime which means he'll struggle with opponents with fast foot movement and everything is in straight lines.

basically khan can win this fight by flurrys and moving back with his earmuffs on even if he's hitting gloves and arms he'll be scoring his lack of head movement won't matter, he won't be forced to fight on the inside, the worst thing he could do is consistantly go to the body he's not savy enough to avoid shots even though that would be a good plan of attack against kotelniks style, i see khan winning a UD and kotelnik and everyone else complaining about all the shots that never landed

the only question for me is, whether khan is disciplined enough to stick to the simple game plan of flurrying and going away and establish his jab to off-set kotelnik, this isn't difficult but its khan and he makes the simplest things very difficult, pre presscott he was fighting like a knockout artist if khan has discovered and stuck to his identity (fighting the way that best suits him) then he wins this fight, close but convincing.

Last edited by slip&counter; 07-15-2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling
slip&counter is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: i'm convinced Khan beats Kotelnik

I am watchin koptelnik,as i watch KOT. I bet Roachy game plan is 4 Khan to break down Kot by attacking the body..
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPO23 View Post
I am watchin koptelnik,as i watch KOT. I bet Roachy game plan is 4 Khan to break down Kot by attacking the body..
that would make a lot of sense (bring kotelniks arms down and work on his stamina as he's good in the second half of the fight) and if it was any fighter i would advicate it, however khan is pathetic anywhere near close range and would get countered, his best bet is to stay on the outside, pop the jab and neutralize kotelniks
Old 07-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #4
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

That's what Khan said.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

what beats khan is a big dose of those two magic words "effective aggresiveness"
Old 07-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
slapsSOgood
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Well I've just put a bet for Kahn to lose, so he will probably win now knowing my luck
slapsSOgood is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #7
Matt1986
Journeyman

the problem is if Kahn gets tagged it could be good night Vienna
Matt1986 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #8
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
That's what Khan said.
well, lets hope he carrys it out
Old 07-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1986 View Post
the problem is if Kahn gets tagged it could be good night Vienna
people are always gonna go on about his beard, but his technique or lack there of exentuated the problem, look at the gomez KD the position of his head is ridiculous, the guys looking up at the ceiling
Old 07-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #10
Glattered Shaw

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
well, lets hope he carrys it out
Nah, lets not.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #11
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsSOgood View Post
Well I've just put a bet for Kahn to lose, so he will probably win now knowing my luck
what makes you sure he'll lose? tell me way without saying glass jaw
Old 07-16-2009, 09:13 AM   #12
Glattered Shaw

vCash:

Glass jaw?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #13
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Khan's game plan is to stay at long range giving Kotelnik lateral movement and shooting in with fast flurries head to body and rolling off and moving away and basically winning rounds on that. They feel Kotelnik is a plodder who has good passive defence but works at slow pace and wont be able to handle Khan's speed and workrate.

Imo i feel Khan wastes alot of nervous energy and i think he will at some stage get clipped and that's when we will see if he's really world class.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #14
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glattered Shaw View Post
Glass jaw?
take your arse back to the GF
Old 07-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #15
'Ben'
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The Pie eating... Triad beating... Undisputed king of ESB
vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
i've watched kotelnik again and again and i really think khan will win this fight maybe more comfortably then we all think

Kotelnik with his upright euro style will be perfect for khan, Kotelnik doesn't counter well enough over the top, is too static and passive to make it work he's not padestrian but he's fairly slow especially when countering and although he's got a good jab (vital for his style) there's no variety, very rarely more then one and he can be beaten to it and off-set (khan's jab is fast, stiff and hopefully consistant in this fight) Kotelnik also tends to telegraph his punches (lifting is elbow) plus he needs to set his feet everytime which means he'll struggle with opponents with fast foot movement and everything is in straight lines.

basically khan can win this fight by flurrys and moving back with his earmuffs on even if he's hitting gloves and arms he'll be scoring his lack of head movement won't matter, he won't be forced to fight on the inside, the worst thing he could do is consistantly go to the body he's not savy enough to avoid shots even though that would be a good plan of attack against kotelniks style, i see khan winning a UD and kotelnik and everyone else complaining about all the shots that never landed

the only question for me is, whether khan is disciplined enough to stick to the simple game plan of flurrying and going away and establish his jab to off-set kotelnik, this isn't difficult but its khan and he makes the simplest things very difficult, pre presscott he was fighting like a knockout artist if khan has discovered and stuck to his identity (fighting the way that best suits him) then he wins this fight, close but convincing.

Very good points. I can see Khan winning in the 11th by TKO. I think Khan will be landing to many flurries and the ref will be forced to stop the action, probably while Kotelnik is still on his feet.

I also think that body shots are a good idea as long as Khan can pick his shots at the right times down there, as he'll have to be in and out alot to win this one.

I also agree that this one may be easier for Khan than people think. We shall see.
'Ben' is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum