malignaggi ko/tko 1 1.82%
draw 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900
Default paulie 'the magic man' malignaggi vs junior 'hitter' witter who wins??

on an interview with Bscene malignaggi said if witter wins this fight is definatly on, who wins?
Relentless is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #2
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138
Default Re: paulie 'the magic man' malignaggi vs junior 'hitter' witter who wins??

Paulie by UD. Paulie would give Witter fits with is speed, jab and underrated toughness.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #3
joito3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: paulie 'the magic man' malignaggi vs junior 'hitter' witter who wins??

witter unorthodox style won't work against malignaggi who will outbox witter all night long
joito3 is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Witter walks him down to a brutal KO, Paulie cant keep Witter off him and isnt as strong at the weight. Paulies skill will show some problems early but Witter cuts him down
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #5
Quik
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher
Witter walks him down to a brutal KO, Paulie cant keep Witter off him and isnt as strong at the weight. Paulies skill will show some problems early but Witter cuts him down
I don't think so, Witter hasnt the power to knockout Paulie, but i think he will get inside and scores his points there to get the close UD.
Quik is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #6
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Paulie by UD. I like Witter and I told everyone here that Witter would KO Harris tonight.
But Witters strengths and weaknesses are a total mismatch for Paulie. Styles make fights and Witter will lose this.

The reasons are that Witter has two major strengths. He hits like a train and he has a very good chin. He also has two major weaknesses...he has a low workrate due to stamina issues and he is sloppy and a bit open.

Paulie has two major strengths, he has a great chin and he is a slick boxer.

This means he will find it VERY easy to land at will against sloppy Witter and Witter works best when guys attack him. Paulie wont attack like that, he will dart in and out tagging Junior with the jab and fast but light hitting bunches of shots.
Junior will be looking to KO him but struggle to land a big shot, if he does land...so what? Paulie took a pounding off Cotto and survived, he is very unlikely to get KOd with one shot and Junior hates chasing fighters.

Witter is a top top fighter and he beats pretty much anyone else at 140..trust me he KOs Judah in a rematch. Anyone judging Witter off their first fight is an idiot. Witter was 13 fights into his career and took the bout at 5 days notice.

But Malignaggi is a stylistic nightmare for him and he would lose a UD.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #7
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

the only bloke i'd pick with confidence at 140 over paulie is sticky wicky. witter-harris is tough to call, but i see paulie overcoming his opponents 'different' style and edging witter to a sd.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #8
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
Paulie by UD. Paulie would give Witter fits with is speed, jab and underrated toughness.
Spot on, Pimp.
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:10 PM   #9
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha
Witter by KO, all the Americans will pick Paulie because they dont get to see the new Junior Witter.
I'm picking Witter.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #10
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well we'll see if Paulie can step up and take on the challenge unlike Hatton who has been making excuses for years to avoid Witter while fighting people like Michael Stewart.
I think paulie will take the challenge and the fight will be made.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:29 PM   #11
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Win or lose he'll be shocked by the one punch power that Witter has.

If Paulie gets caught on the chin its "goodnight sweet prince"
I don't think he will. Paulie was brutalized by Cotto for 12 rounds and still won atleast 4 rounds in that fight. Witter has good power but Paulie can take it and won't be shcoked. If anything Witter will be shocked that Pauile will be able to take his shots.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #12
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
If Paulie gets caught on the chin its "goodnight sweet prince"
Oh yeah.

Likely scenario.

Paulie has a very, very good chin and is a really tough guy. Funny, you seem like a big Witter fan, have little posts and as soon as his fight is over you decide to come out of the woodwork.
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:32 PM   #13
Dantes
ESB Magnate
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

good fight if it happens! I'd have to go malignaggi by close decision.
Dantes is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #14
PR Boxing Lore
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
Paulie by UD. I like Witter and I told everyone here that Witter would KO Harris tonight.
But Witters strengths and weaknesses are a total mismatch for Paulie. Styles make fights and Witter will lose this.

The reasons are that Witter has two major strengths. He hits like a train and he has a very good chin. He also has two major weaknesses...he has a low workrate due to stamina issues and he is sloppy and a bit open.

Paulie has two major strengths, he has a great chin and he is a slick boxer.

This means he will find it VERY easy to land at will against sloppy Witter and Witter works best when guys attack him. Paulie wont attack like that, he will dart in and out tagging Junior with the jab and fast but light hitting bunches of shots.
Junior will be looking to KO him but struggle to land a big shot, if he does land...so what? Paulie took a pounding off Cotto and survived, he is very unlikely to get KOd with one shot and Junior hates chasing fighters.

Witter is a top top fighter and he beats pretty much anyone else at 140..trust me he KOs Judah in a rematch. Anyone judging Witter off their first fight is an idiot. Witter was 13 fights into his career and took the bout at 5 days notice.

But Malignaggi is a stylistic nightmare for him and he would lose a UD.
PR Boxing Lore is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #15
istmeno
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
if anyone still questions paulie's toughness, it is simply hate. the kid is tough as nails
istmeno is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum