Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #16
nufc16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I just watched Kessler - Calzaghe again...

always ranked it as calzaghes best win. it was calzaghe having to be at his very very best(which i dont think he was against hopkins and didnt have to be versus jones), and it was still close. and i know he was down in fights before and and after, and didnt get knocked down in the kessler fight, but there were a few moments in the kessler fight when calzaghe was really hurt and had he gone down i couldnt see kessler not closing the show.
nufc16 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #17
BremnerBomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownCobra View Post
I agree that it would be silly to write off Froch. In his last 2 fights he has shown that he can compete at a very high level. He has also shown a very solid chin twinned with tremendous determination.

Everyone thinks they can beat him........ yet here he is 25-0 and WBC champ
BremnerBomber is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #18
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

100% agree with GazOC. The only times you'll see Kessler struggling, or losing rounds, there is a very common theme. Athletic, fast hands, different angles, good footwork. Even Anthony Mundine had his successes. I'm very worried about Andre Ward first up.

I'm not worried whatsoever about Froch or Abraham.

Taylor could present a few problems early, but I think what will make the difference is Taylor never moves his feet and is always there to hit.

The two unknowns, Dirrell and Ward, they could be problematic. Just because they havn't proven themselves doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. Every fighter has a graduation night.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #19
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rich View Post
lol I love Froch getting wrote off (I don't think he will win it either), everyone seems to give an undefeated fighter who to my mind gave us the fighter of the year this year with Taylor (for British fans) no chance at all, I know he is a limited fighter but his jaw is made of cast iron and his shots when he starts to get to you are like repeated hammer blows, I see Kessler take it but I think he gets up off the canvas to do it even if he has never been KO'd before (I dunno if he has been down before). Really gonna be rooting for him and I don't think he has as little chance as everyone makes out, he is certainly gonna go in there with confidence and Kessler has been gone from the sport quite some time. Come on the Cobra!
I'm not writing him off.

Can't see how he can beat Kessler though. I think Kessler's got advantages in practically every department. And I think he'd land his jab and right hand effortlessly on Froch.

Kessler would probably KO Froch.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #20
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
You have to re-watch it, Kessler did great, but Calzaghe won by at least 4 rounds.
Very true, watching it live with all the stress often paints a different picture to when you watch it later, relaxed and appreciate the fight for what it is. I shall watch it online tonight if I can find it.
bratwurzt is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #21
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratwurzt View Post
Very true, watching it live with all the stress often paints a different picture to when you watch it later, relaxed and appreciate the fight for what it is. I shall watch it online tonight if I can find it.
Exactly, when I watched it live I thought it was close (although I still felt Calzaghe won), but I watched it again recently and I think I had Calzaghe winning by 6 points.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #22
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
Don't get me wrong, I will be cheering Froch on as well, but he starts the fight as a massive underdog and he needs to sort out his defence and gameplan completely if he is to have any chance, and at his age a change in style is incredibly difficult to do.
I dont think anyone but Kessler stands a good chance of knocking him out though, which is a big advantage.

He has more chance then Man City winning the league anyway.
AndrewFFC is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #23
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

That is certainly true. City will be lucky to crack the top 6 with all the Prima Madonnas they are buying.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #24
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
That is certainly true. City will be lucky to crack the top 6 with all the Prima Madonnas they are buying.
Prima Madonnas
AndrewFFC is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #25
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

I feel taylor will be Kesslers biggest test in this tournament, but i still see kessler coming out on top in a fight where taylor dominates the early rounds and kessler dominates the late rounds for a close points win
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 12:17 PM   #26
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Kessler is a fantastic fighter at what he does. He does need technical tweaks but his fundamentals are good that only a quality fighter like Joe could overcome them. Kessler could win the whole thing but he has fantastic competition that will really prove just how good he is.

It's funny that this tournament could so quickly throw someone to the forefront of 168 history.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #27
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

if u think the kessler-cazaghe fight was close your full of shit kessler was competitive for about 6 rounds after that he was getting tatooed sure he showed good technique but he was getting his arse boxed off for the larger part of the fight.
faisal is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #28
charliesharkey
Journeyman

For me it will be interesting to see how much of Abraham's power travels up the weight class.
charliesharkey is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #29
crespo21
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Seeing as Calzaghe is clearly better than any of the fighters in this comp and even he said that Kessler took him deeper than anyone he has boxed with is good enough credentials for me. If the same Kessler that took joe so deep turns up he wins this quite comfortably IMHO.
People blabber on about b and c level fighters but watching him against joe is enough proof for me that He has a lot of ability. He did enough in losing that fight to beat any of the fighters in this comp.
crespo21 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #30
The taff
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

I think kessler has the best chance of winning this tournament than all the others. He has good boxing skills and bangs hard and has a good chin.

Can't wait for this to start
The taff is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum