Old 07-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #47
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999
Default Re: WTF are Sky talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC View Post
This is just the usual horseshit from Sky.

From what I've read lately Kotelnik is being completely overlooked. Everyone (including Roach and his Erik Morales bullshit) seem to be looking past this fight to bigger and better paydays; that is a very dangerous situation. Kotelnik is no mug and IMO this ain't no walkover.
A lot of people on here were overlooking Kotelnik (some still are), yet I think people are realising he is a very good fighter and know that this is a very difficult task for Khan.

Although I have been saying it since day one.....
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #48
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post

Ricky Hatton?
Actually I was thinking along the lines that Berto did not look good in the fight and some even dispute Collazo won. Every other Berto fight has been pretty much pure dominance from Berto and Sky want to keep it that way for the viewers

I am surprised they showed Ortiz vs Maidana....
kosaros is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #49
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I couldn't believe this load of bollocks when I watched it last night, Khan recently got sparked by an unknown Columbian and before that got put on his arse by a shot Gomez, now he's going to clean out at 147. I'm missing Setanta, Bunce, Woodhall and Kerminator are on a different level than these Sky tossers.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #50
lolspud

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
And what is this about Khan commissioning his own song for his ring entrance?
I wish he'd go back to Power Hurts. That is SUCH a ****ing good ringwalk, everything other than that blows chunks.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:12 AM   #51
El Cepillo
Baddest Man on the Planet
East Side Guru

vCash: 1075

The World Awaits....Amir Khan vs. Andre Berto for the Undisputed P4P World Title of the Entire Universe....live on Sky Sports.
El Cepillo is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2009, 06:26 AM   #52
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
I couldn't believe this load of bollocks when I watched it last night, Khan recently got sparked by an unknown Columbian and before that got put on his arse by a shot Gomez, now he's going to clean out at 147. I'm missing Setanta, Bunce, Woodhall and Kerrminator are on a different level than these Sky tossers.
Cheers for the kind words Joe
kerrminator is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2009, 06:26 AM   #53
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Right lads.

I dont mind Khan. Talks a bit of shit sometimes and at times I feel I see his little "Pre-Prescott arrogance" seaping through but I do wish the lad well. IF he wins the World Title then I can see myself not liking him again in the near future as I think this 'Humble' persona will soon disappear.

Anyway what I do not think helps... Is Frank ******/Sky Sports totally going out of their way to make sure he isn't liked (Or so it seems). People are generally sceptical that he has been awarded a title shot in the first place, ableit at a weight he's never fought at after being knocked clean out 10 months ago against the only real Lightweight he'd ever fought, so I do not understand that FW/SS seem to think dressing him up as a king before he's even won the title. Does FW not remember how vulnerable Khan has proven himself to be ? Yes he's with Roach but as the old saying goes "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink"
What is to say that if Khan feels he is being beaten, that the male bravado will not come out and he wont want to start trading ? If this happens then the smart money is on Khan getting sparked out and will ultimately make FW and SS looked like a complete set of idiots.

All in all I shall be there and I wish Khan the best of luck

Last edited by Dan684; 07-17-2009 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Spelling
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2009, 06:51 AM   #54
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Sky are just trying to sell the fight and will talk shit all day to sell it thats what they do. Khan just needs to worry about Kotelnik because he is no walkover and is Khan's hardest test to date. If Khan wins and takes some good shots in doing so it will be a great sign for the future. It means 140 is the weight for him and with time he will start fighting the big names, because if the chin problem improves and with his speed and Dr.Roach training him sky's the limit and i really mean it because this is a big risk putting Khan in with a true 140 fighter and where Khan has been put down by 130 fighters shows you the risk and gamble here .
Darni187 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum