Old 07-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #16
destruction
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather calling guys out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLASS JAW View Post
i know who i prefer to watch....naz all day long.
Naz in his prime was a beautiful thing to watch I agree.
destruction is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #17
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

Here's the Naz situation as I see it:

I think the truth of the matter is that Naz found himself in a bit of a bad situation when Morales and Barrera moved up from Bantamweight to join their compatriot Juan Manuel Marquez (who didn't hold a belt) at Featherweight. I believe Marquez had been Naz' mandatory for quite a while, so it was up to Naz to either (a) fight Marquez, (b) take a fight with Morales or Barrera (which he did with the latter) OR (c) take the jump up himself to SFW and take on the likes of a prime Mayweather, prime Corrales, prime Casamayor or a prime Freitas.

None of these were exactly very enticing propositions for a guy who had dominated a relatively weak FW division, even if he had dominated it well. He chose Barrera as his opponent and the rest is history.....
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #18
Raashid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Whilst Mayweather's greatness overall is undoubted, I still question as to whether he's a great welter. It's not like he cleaned up the division.
Raashid is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #19
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

I rather watch Floyd to be honest. Naz was exciting to watch but i just love watching Floyd the technician at work.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #20
DGLASS JAW
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
I rather watch Floyd to be honest. Naz was exciting to watch but i just love watching Floyd the technician at work.
fair enough but man naz was a 1 punch knock out artist...loved the little fella.
no denying mayweather greatness...but not my type of fighter ...doesn't get the juice's flowing ,like naz..
DGLASS JAW is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #21
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
fair enough but man naz was a 1 punch knock out artist...loved the little fella.
no denying mayweather greatness...but not my type of fighter ...doesn't get the juice's flowing ,like naz..
Yeah don't get me wrong mate Naz would have you on edge of your seat that Kevin Kelly fight was unreal. I think Floyd vs Naz would be a great fight just don't see Naz winning. I miss Naz i wish we had another guy like him i keep saying we need his ring entrances and flasyness.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #22
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I really enjoyed watching Naz as a kid he was amazing not to mention the ring entrances..

Power was unreal too, When it comes Mayweather though I watch with a different kind of anticipation..I've never in all my years seen a better defence or faster hands than Mayweathers, The mixing up of the shots is something to admire..The fight against Gatti is greatest boxing display I've ever seen..

Hamed Vs Mayweather- IMO Mayweather wins RSC 11..
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #23
Chinny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raashid View Post
Blimey, how do these guys boil themselves down like that. It just demonstrates the utter fallacy of Hamed moving up to feather when he did.
Naz went to feather for exactly the same reason Khan is going to 140 - ****** managed to deliver a relatively weak alphabet champ at the higher weight. And in Robinson's case, completely rip the guy off as well.
Chinny is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #24
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bellew View Post
I really enjoyed watching Naz as a kid he was amazing not to mention the ring entrances..

Power was unreal too, When it comes Mayweather though I watch with a different kind of anticipation..I've never in all my years seen a better defence or faster hands than Mayweathers, The mixing up of the shots is something to admire..The fight against Gatti is greatest boxing display I've ever seen..

Hamed Vs Mayweather- IMO Mayweather wins RSC 11..
Spot On Tony

The Gatti fight is something i will never forget. Punch Perfect is saying that springs to mind.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #25
safc1990
Goodbye Bolo :(
ESB Addict

vCash: 2952

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
The trash-talk in a Hamed vs Mayweather would have been must watch tv!
Would be when Roger got involved, I absolutely cringe when Floyd trash-talks he comes across as a brat, can't deny it has worked pretty well for him though.
safc1990 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #26
Raashid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
Naz went to feather for exactly the same reason Khan is going to 140 - ****** managed to deliver a relatively weak alphabet champ at the higher weight. And in Robinson's case, completely rip the guy off as well.
That's the c*ntish thing about it. Khan needs a weak alphabet champion to have a chance of getting a world title, Hamed aged 21 was good enough to beat anyone at bantam or super-bantam. ******'s handling of Hamed's early career is what stalled him from real greatness.
Raashid is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #27
curly
Fastest hands in the West
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raashid View Post
That's the c*ntish thing about it. Khan needs a weak alphabet champion to have a chance of getting a world title, Hamed aged 21 was good enough to beat anyone at bantam or super-bantam. ******'s handling of Hamed's early career is what stalled him from real greatness.
When I step back and look at the bigger picture, it is this what makes boxing look like a shambles. The need for a unblemished record these syas are so great, that promoters hand pick fighters. Quite sad really, we don't get alot of superfights because of this.
curly is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #28
Chinny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
When I step back and look at the bigger picture, it is this what makes boxing look like a shambles. The need for a unblemished record these syas are so great, that promoters hand pick fighters. Quite sad really, we don't get alot of superfights because of this.
don't be too despondent mate, hopefully the 168 tournament is a sign of things to come. Real fighters with the balls to fight each other.
Chinny is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #29
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
look back at some of Mayweather as a super feather, he was smashing guys to bits. probably the greatest of all time at the weight.

the reason hes not going for KO's now is because everyone is much bigger than him in the ring
robpalmer135 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum