Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-07-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
vCash: 1000
Default This Video Is No Longer Available Due To A Copyright Claim By Sports Network

Seems to be a phrase we see all to often on youtube these days.
Grifs Calzaghe docs have been taken down for no reason other than ****** can(not as if these docs will ever appear in any form again.) Also whole fights such as Sheika,Brewer,Eubank,Minton and Lacey have been taken down. I know he's legally alowed to do this but I cant understand why he's being so draconian about it as some of those fights will never see the light of day again. Mean spirited I guess, he allways was an odd sulky individual.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Default Re: This Video Is No Longer Available Due To A Copyright Claim By Sports Network

TBH even if ****** was going to release these fights on a Calzaghe DVD, the YouTubes are just good advertising....
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 09:13 AM   #3
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: This Video Is No Longer Available Due To A Copyright Claim By Sports Network

I dont think there is any rhyme or reason to it. I think his lawyers do it as a matter of course. He's allways come across as a very petty individual.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

But look at quality of YouTube, its hardly DVD....?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
I think it's just the name of the game: protect your material from any potential loss of income. It might be in the contract with Joe Calzaghe that the footage is protected.

For the record, I think ****** should be pushing the free boxing videos as much as possible. Filling YouTube with the bastards then promoting them to get a bigger world-wide audience.

If he did a full-scale release of all of Joe's fights under Sports Network onto YouTube to promote the Kessler fight, and Palle did the same, it would be a brilliant goodwill gesture.

I really wish that I could download dvd-quality versions of the fights, from the source material, rather than converted video-tapes.

I don't agree with ******'s lawyers, but I do see their point.
Yep. He's legally entitled to do what he's doing,but it still comes across as mean spirited and very short sighted.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:44 AM   #6
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

...and the YouTube clips are good advertising for that. People don't watch YouTube instead of buying DVDs.

...now Torrents are a different matter....;O)

Last edited by GazOC; 09-07-2007 at 11:27 AM.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 11:47 AM   #7
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughweb
I don't see any problem with it. There's that 'Joe Calzaghe: Super Champion' DVD that Sports Network released, for example. He's just being professional.
I have that dvd. It's not bad,but the only full fight there is vs Lacy. The rest are 5 minute highlight reels which is pretty inadequate.
The only way I got to see the full Eubank,Brewer and Sheika bout was because of youtube. If he's gonna release these fights in full (and reasonably priced) soon then fair enough. If your not going to bother then theres no moral reason to prevent people watching them for free.
Basically I'm saying that ******s gone over the top with his lawyers and become fairly draconian.

P.S. The Rees/Mbaye fight is on ******s you tube page so maybe its not all bad. (That fight is worth it just for the curiosity value alone)
Old 09-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #8
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro chris
I have that dvd. It's not bad,but the only full fight there is vs Lacy. The rest are 5 minute highlight reels which is pretty inadequate.
The only way I got to see the full Eubank,Brewer and Sheika bout was because of youtube. If he's gonna release these fights in full (and reasonably priced) soon then fair enough. If your not going to bother then theres no moral reason to prevent people watching them for free.
Basically I'm saying that ******s gone over the top with his lawyers and become fairly draconian.
Thats my atitude exactly.

Last edited by Irish; 06-05-2006 at 06:07 PM.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #9
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

I ****ing hate it when this happens. Those documentaries never got good coverage anyway. This is the PERFECT outlet for them.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #10
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
all promoters are bastards.
We are all bastards
TBooze is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum