Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Witter - Malinaggi?

Great fight for both boxers. Paulie gets to fight for a major belt and Witter gets to fight at MSG for major money?

How do you see this one going?
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Witter - Malinaggi?

Paulie UD for me.
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Paulie by UD. I like Witter and I told everyone here that Witter would KO Harris tonight.
But Witters strengths and weaknesses are a total mismatch for Paulie. Styles make fights and Witter will lose this.

The reasons are that Witter has two major strengths. He hits like a train and he has a very good chin. He also has two major weaknesses...he has a low workrate due to stamina issues and he is sloppy and a bit open.

Paulie has two major strengths, he has a great chin and he is a slick boxer.

This means he will find it VERY easy to land at will against sloppy Witter and Witter works best when guys attack him. Paulie wont attack like that, he will dart in and out tagging Junior with the jab and fast but light hitting bunches of shots.
Junior will be looking to KO him but struggle to land a big shot, if he does land...so what? Paulie took a pounding off Cotto and survived, he is very unlikely to get KOd with one shot and Junior hates chasing fighters.

Witter is a top top fighter and he beats pretty much anyone else at 140..trust me he KOs Judah in a rematch. Anyone judging Witter off their first fight is an idiot. Witter was 13 fights into his career and took the bout at 5 days notice.

But Malignaggi is a stylistic nightmare for him and he would lose a UD.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #4
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
Anyone judging Witter off their first fight is an idiot.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 02:40 AM   #5
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
Paulie by UD. I like Witter and I told everyone here that Witter would KO Harris tonight.
But Witters strengths and weaknesses are a total mismatch for Paulie. Styles make fights and Witter will lose this.

The reasons are that Witter has two major strengths. He hits like a train and he has a very good chin. He also has two major weaknesses...he has a low workrate due to stamina issues and he is sloppy and a bit open.

Paulie has two major strengths, he has a great chin and he is a slick boxer.

This means he will find it VERY easy to land at will against sloppy Witter and Witter works best when guys attack him. Paulie wont attack like that, he will dart in and out tagging Junior with the jab and fast but light hitting bunches of shots.
Junior will be looking to KO him but struggle to land a big shot, if he does land...so what? Paulie took a pounding off Cotto and survived, he is very unlikely to get KOd with one shot and Junior hates chasing fighters.

Witter is a top top fighter and he beats pretty much anyone else at 140..trust me he KOs Judah in a rematch. Anyone judging Witter off their first fight is an idiot. Witter was 13 fights into his career and took the bout at 5 days notice.

But Malignaggi is a stylistic nightmare for him and he would lose a UD.
Speed and volume output might be the key here. Also we know Malignaggi can take a punch based on his fight with Cotto. However I don't want to hear people say Witter does not deserve a crack at Hatton. It is clear that Team Hatton have never really fancied getting it on with Witter.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #6
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

Malinaggi wins by UD, witters a good fighter but not many people have seen witter go through 12 rounds, his work rate drops enormously,
faisal is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 09:12 AM   #7
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Anyone think Malinaggi is overrated? Im not saying he is but it seems to me he gets a hell of a lot of hype for someone whos only top level win came against Ndou. Il stand corrected if this isnt true though.
Charles187 is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #8
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles187
Anyone think Malinaggi is overrated? Im not saying he is but it seems to me he gets a hell of a lot of hype for someone whos only top level win came against Ndou. Il stand corrected if this isnt true though.
He's a very good boxer , decent chin but with poor power, he's a pretty good self-promotor as well. I'd put in him the top 5 at 140.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #9
Pat Breen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisal
Malinaggi wins by UD, witters a good fighter but not many people have seen witter go through 12 rounds, his work rate drops enormously,
..I wonder why we havn't seen Witter go 12..BECAUSE HE HAS STOPPED LIKE 13 OUT 15 OF HIS LAST OPPONENTS.. and he will put Malignaggi to sleep..
Pat Breen is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #10
dwilson

vCash:

Witter would win by ko. Maliagnaggi is decent but his only claim to fame is that he did not get ko'd by Cotto. Paulies style is good but I think people are underating Witters ability to land the punch plus he would know that Paulie can not knock him out so would not be scared of just letting loose like he did when scoring that long list of ko's.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:41 PM   #11
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles187
He is probably is mate being an American and all.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #12
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Breen
..I wonder why we havn't seen Witter go 12..BECAUSE HE HAS STOPPED LIKE 13 OUT 15 OF HIS LAST OPPONENTS.. and he will put Malignaggi to sleep..
your 1 of these people who still excited from last nights performance and its affecting your sense of reason.
you think witter can do malinagi inside the distance, malinagi is a class above harris, malinagi may not have KO power but hes shown that he can deal with the pressure of 1 of the biggest power punchers in his division, witter doesnt punch as hard as cotto so theres no way he'll knock him out.
faisal is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #13
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisal
your 1 of these people who still excited from last nights performance and its affecting your sense of reason.
you think witter can do malinagi inside the distance, malinagi is a class above harris, malinagi may not have KO power but hes shown that he can deal with the pressure of 1 of the biggest power punchers in his division, witter doesnt punch as hard as cotto so theres no way he'll knock him out.
I agree he is unlikely to KO him, but he hits just as hard as Cotto in fact probably harder. Cotto rarely wins by one punch KO. And Cotto hit N'Dou with the kitchen sink and never dropped him, Witter had N'Dou down and almost out twice before he broke his hand and he did so with less than full power shots like the one he tagged Harris with.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #14
Supreme

Witter everytime and by KO!!!
Supreme is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 06:07 AM   #15
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i dont understand this theory of cotto hitting harder than witter....where is the proof
stake501 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum