cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
First fight:
Everyone agrees SHane won (the SPLIT D was BS though)...

I scored it a draw. If I had to go one way or the other, I would give it NARROWLY to Shane

Second fight:
MOST Fans @ home think DLH won...
SOME People in boxing see Shane winning...FACT
People in boxing is way too general to qualify as a fact here.

Both fights were vey close. The word 'robbery' is not appropriate here. In the books, Shane is 2-0 over Oscar. I think Oscar did enough to at least split the series.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2007, 05:28 PM   #47
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Actually I do. In the same way I have a fair clue ast what you think. I read your post. While that doesn't guarantee that I'll know what you're thinking, it certainly provides some clue. In like fashion, by listening to his words, I DO have some clue as to what Mosley senior was thinking. And based on what he said, my take is that he felt his son was trailing, late in the fight.
No you don't. You have no idea to be perfectly honest. You have NO IDEAD what his dad thought.

Quote:
We're both agreed an that part. We just interpret differently, WHY his dad thought so. The fairly blatant robbery Delahoya suffered earlier in Vegas weakens your interpretation of the why.
That isn't my interpretation. It's what his dad said.

Quote:
I'm putting the most likely meaning on it that leaps to most minds.
Close fight or not, surprise at the decision means just that. Surprise.
By the definition of the word, that would appear to indicate Shane thought he had NOT won.

No, you are putting what you think, not the "Most likley" reason. You can believe what YOU THINK Is the truth, but the reality is it's just what YOU THINK. ANd I won't bother getting into it if we are going to go with your perception of things.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #48
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
People in boxing is way too general to qualify as a fact here.

Both fights were vey close. The word 'robbery' is not appropriate here. In the books, Shane is 2-0 over Oscar. I think Oscar did enough to at least split the series.
We agree, it wasn't a robbery. Was close. But a close, clear victory for Shane.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #49
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
We agree, it wasn't a robbery. Was close. But a close, clear victory for Shane.
thats where u dont seem to understand, thats YOUR opinion, not the majority of ppl's opinion.
DoumB is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 05:57 PM   #50
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoumB
thats where u dont seem to understand, thats YOUR opinion, not the majority of ppl's opinion.
My opinion, the judges opinion, and a majority of those at press row. And a majority of the people aren't capable of judging a close fight.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:14 PM   #51
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
My opinion, the judges opinion, and a majority of those at press row. And a majority of the people aren't capable of judging a close fight.
how do u think the judges are any better at judging fights then normal ppl who've been following the sport for a long period of time or simply know a lot about it, sorry but if u can put a pull ull see my point.
DoumB is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #52
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoumB
how do u think the judges are any better at judging fights then normal ppl who've been following the sport for a long period of time or simply know a lot about it, sorry but if u can put a pull ull see my point.
Because they are trained for one. Just being a fan doesn't mean you can judge.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #53
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

You did not offer anything to refute my assertion that I can have an idea of what someone is thinking by listening to his words.

As I said earlier:

...In the same way I have a fair clue as to what you think...by reading your post.

While that doesn't guarantee that I'll know what you're thinking, it certainly provides some clue.

In like fashion, by listening to his words, I DO have some clue as to what Mosley senior was thinking. And based on what he said, my take is that he felt his son was trailing, late in the fight.

You just repeated your unsupported statement over again.

Quote:
No you don't. You have no idea to be perfectly honest. You have NO IDEAD what his dad thought.
And in repeating this absurdity, without even an attempt to justify it, you are in effect saying that all conversation is meaningless, since we can have no clue as to what someone is thinking by listening to their words.

Quote:
No, you are putting what you think, not the "Most likley" reason. You can believe what YOU THINK Is the truth, but the reality is it's just what YOU THINK. ANd I won't bother getting into it if we are going to go with your perception of things.

If someone is surprised by an event, it means that they were not expecting that event to occurr. ( If they were expecting it to happen, then it would be no surprise.)

If Mosley was surprised by the outcome, it means he was probably expecting a different outcome. That's not merely my perception and it's not rocket science either!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #54
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Originally Posted by DoumB:

Quote:
Because they are trained for one. Just being a fan doesn't mean you can judge.
Are you saying then that the judges always get it right?

Have there never been decisions where the judges were out to lunch, for whatever reason?
Old 09-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #55
juancho214
Journeyman

dlh won
juancho214 is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #56
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
You did not offer anything to refute my assertion that I can have an idea of what someone is thinking by listening to his words.

As I said earlier:

...In the same way I have a fair clue as to what you think...by reading your post.

While that doesn't guarantee that I'll know what you're thinking, it certainly provides some clue.

In like fashion, by listening to his words, I DO have some clue as to what Mosley senior was thinking. And based on what he said, my take is that he felt his son was trailing, late in the fight.

You just repeated your unsupported statement over again.

And in repeating this absurdity, without even an attempt to justify it, you are in effect saying that all conversation is meaningless, since we can have no clue as to what someone is thinking by listening to their words.

If someone is surprised by an event, it means that they were not expecting that event to occurr. ( If they were expecting it to happen, then it would be no surprise.)

If Mosley was surprised by the outcome, it means he was probably expecting a different outcome. That's not merely my perception and it's not rocket science either!
I need to refute that you think you KNOW what people really mean or think?

Why? All you've said is you know what Mosley's dad REALLY MEANT? That's just your opinion. I'm not a mind reader and neither are you.

You can sayy all day what you think MOsley's actions meant, but like I said, that's just you.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #57
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoumB:

Are you saying then that the judges always get it right?

Have there never been decisions where the judges were out to lunch, for whatever reason?
Did I say the judges ALWAYS get it right? Obviously they do not. Save the bullshit questions please. We all know they do not.

In this case, they got it right.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:02 PM   #58
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I need to refute that you think you KNOW what people really mean or think?

Why? All you've said is you know what Mosley's dad REALLY MEANT? That's just your opinion. I'm not a mind reader and neither are you.

You can sayy all day what you think Mosley's actions meant, but like I said, that's just you.

I never said I KNEW what Mosley's dad was thinking. I said what I believed he was thinking, and that's open for debate.

You said I had NO CLUE as to what he was thinking. While I won't claim to know with certainty what was in his mind, I certainly have a clue from listening to his words. If you go back to post #62, I said:

We don't know any of this with certainty, but, based on the evidence, we can assess the probabilities.

That is where you went overboard. Saying I have no clue from his words, even if you say it three times in the same line, is just false, and that is evident to anyone who can hear and read and think.

And as for saying all day....

I have said what I think he meant based on the clues presented. (His words)

And what about Shane's surprise at the decision?

You were on much shakier ground there. Could it now be evident to you that surprise indicates something unexpected?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #59
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Did I say the judges ALWAYS get it right? Obviously they do not. Save the bullshit questions please. We all know they do not.

In this case, they got it right.
Your response to Doumb's question indicated a trust in the expertise of the judges.

I wanted to know how far you would trust that expertise, therfore it's not a bullshit question.

From your response, it appears the judges are 'right' when they see it your way, and (despite the training you mention) wrong when you see it differently.

And there's nothing necessarily wrong with that viewpoint. I suspect that's how most fans view things.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #60
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member

I have nothing against u Lance and I think u no it... I know u dont realy like DLH but I can understand someone thinking shane won but to say it was clear I cant realy agree on that... thats my opinion of course
DoumB is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum