Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-10-2007, 12:24 AM   #61
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 962
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

I am sick and tired of this BS myth started by bias HBO commentary that Oscar was robbed when he clearly lost. I wish his nutthugging fans would just get over it, I am sure they will create another myth stating he was robbed against PBF as well.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2007, 12:26 AM   #62
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

I think its a damn close fight that you can score for eather fighter depending on your mood.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 12:40 AM   #63
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
I never said I KNEW what Mosley's dad was thinking. I said what I believed he was thinking, and that's open for debate.

You said I had NO CLUE as to what he was thinking. While I won't claim to know with certainty what was in his mind, I certainly have a clue from listening to his words. If you go back to post #62, I said:

We don't know any of this with certainty, but, based on the evidence, we can assess the probabilities.

That is where you went overboard. Saying I have no clue from his words, even if you say it three times in the same line, is just false, and that is evident to anyone who can hear and read and think.

And as for saying all day....

I have said what I think he meant based on the clues presented. (His words)

And what about Shane's surprise at the decision?

You were on much shakier ground there. Could it now be evident to you that surprise indicates something unexpected?
Like I already said, they figured they needed to win big to get the nod. And the fight was close.

If you want to argue on what they were thinking or why they reacted they way they did, you can go at it alone. None of us know. It would be a waste if time.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 12:41 AM   #64
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
I think its a damn close fight that you can score for eather fighter depending on your mood.
Perhaps, there some close rounds early in the fight that could have been scored for either guy but like the 1st fight SSM came on very strong in the 2nd half of the fight decively winning the last 4 or 5 rounds but the nutthuggers claim he schooled Mosley winning 8-4 or even 9-3 which is pure nutthuggery IMO.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 12:41 AM   #65
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Your response to Doumb's question indicated a trust in the expertise of the judges.

I wanted to know how far you would trust that expertise, therfore it's not a bullshit question.

From your response, it appears the judges are 'right' when they see it your way, and (despite the training you mention) wrong when you see it differently.

And there's nothing necessarily wrong with that viewpoint. I suspect that's how most fans view things.
Because I agree with them on this case, you come up with that conclusion about me? How childish...
Old 09-10-2007, 12:43 AM   #66
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Ocean
lampley just said 4 out of 5 writers thought shane won

wonder who they were
16 of the 28 ringside writers polled said Mosley won. 8 said Oscar won. 4 had it a draw.

The Ring showed a list of media guys and their scorecards and the scorecards were extremely varied. More said Mosley won but the disparity in scores were vast.

That's the type of fight it was.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 01:08 AM   #67
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBaseHead
Add Whitaker, Quartey and Sturm to that list. This man should have 8 losses on his record.
The Sturm fight was a complete robbery but the other 2 were close so I wuold say he should have 6 losses and 2 draws on his record.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 01:14 AM   #68
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
Because I agree with them on this case, you come up with that conclusion about me? How childish...

You're not doing so well tonight, Lance. You're not up to you're usual high standards of debate. When you resort to name-calling, as you know, your case is probably weak.

Re: the above:

Not many other conclusions flow from your post. And you didn't touch on Shane's surprise.

I'll speculate that you might be into the sauce this evening. Helps fend off the Arctic nights.

Catch you later.
cuchulain is online now  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 01:20 AM   #69
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Like I already said, they figured they needed to win big to get the nod. And the fight was close.

If you want to argue on what they were thinking or why they reacted they way they did, you can go at it alone. None of us know. It would be a waste if time.
In that case, most arguments would be a waste of time since we often can't know all the factors with certainty. Still, we can speculate. ( And there is the 'preponderence of evidence thing')

Quote:
...they figured they needed to win big to get the nod.
And like I said, that points to them figuring they were behind.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:57 AM   #70
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member

this argument is going in circles. time for a new thread guys. noone is going to win this pissing contest
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 02:54 AM   #71
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
You're not doing so well tonight, Lance. You're not up to you're usual high standards of debate. When you resort to name-calling, as you know, your case is probably weak.

Re: the above:

Not many other conclusions flow from your post. And you didn't touch on Shane's surprise.

I'll speculate that you might be into the sauce this evening. Helps fend off the Arctic nights.

Catch you later.
Did I call you a name? No, I didn't. I said what you assumed was childish. But I am not going to debate something that is nothing but opinion.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:55 AM   #72
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
In that case, most arguments would be a waste of time since we often can't know all the factors with certainty. Still, we can speculate. ( And there is the 'preponderence of evidence thing')

And like I said, that points to them figuring they were behind.
No it doesn't. That's the only fact here.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:21 AM   #73
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Did I call you a name? No, I didn't. I said what you assumed was childish. But I am not going to debate something that is nothing but opinion.
Calling someone childish falls under the general rubric of name-calling. You did that, rather than attempt to refute the point.

To refute the point, you would have offered ANOTHER plausible conclusion that flows from your posts.

Since none leaps to my mind, nor apparently to yours, I will consider my point as valid and in no way childish.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:22 AM   #74
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
No it doesn't. That's the only fact here.
Yes it does point to that conclusion. And that's a fact.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:39 AM   #75
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Calling someone childish falls under the general rubric of name-calling. You did that, rather than attempt to refute the point.

To refute the point, you would have offered ANOTHER plausible conclusion that flows from your posts.

Since none leaps to my mind, nor apparently to yours, I will consider my point as valid and in no way childish.
I felt this was childish as a retort, " From your response, it appears the judges are 'right' when they see it your way, and (despite the training you mention) wrong when you see it differently."
So I wasn't insulting you.

You had no point. Only your opinion of what you think people really mean. One you can't even prove.

Last edited by Lance_Uppercut; 09-10-2007 at 03:58 AM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum