Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 03:39 AM   #76
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
Yes it does point to that conclusion. And that's a fact.
Sure, whatever you say. I guess I'm just not a mindreader...
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2007, 04:00 AM   #77
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
I felt this what childish to say " From your response, it appears the judges are 'right' when they see it your way, and (despite the training you mention) wrong when you see it differently."
So I wasn't insulting you.

You had no point. Only your opinion of what you think people really mean. One you can't even prove.
On the contrary, I had a point which I stated:

From your response, it appears the judges are 'right' when they see it your way, and (despite the training you mention) wrong when you see it differently.

You did not offer any possible alternative conclusion that could be drawn from your response. Your only retort was that my point was childish. If some other conclusion were possible from your response, you failed to put it forth. Therefore my conclusion, while not certain, in the absence of any other, was likely correct. Calling it childish, without evidence, failed to refute it.

I'll accept that you weren't trying to insult, but simply stating something as childish without stating why, fails to address the point.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:03 AM   #78
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
On the contrary, I had a point which I stated:

From your response, it appears the judges are 'right' when they see it your way, and (despite the training you mention) wrong when you see it differently.

You did not offer any possible alternative conclusion that could be drawn from your response. Your only retort was that my point was childish. If some other conclusion were possible from your response, you failed to put it forth. Therefore my conclusion, while not certain, in the absence of any other, was likely correct. Calling it childish, without evidence, failed to refute it.
*YAWN* you win...
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:15 AM   #79
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
Sure, whatever you say.

I'm glad you finally see it that way.





I guess I'm just not a mindreader...
Nor am I.

One doesn't have to be a mindreader to infer what was probably in a person's mind, based on what they've said.

(As an example, if I hear you say: "I really need to eat soon", I might conclude that you were hungry. Other explanations for such a statement are possible, but in their absence, hunger is the most likely explanation.

And one doesn't have to be a mindreader to arrive at such a conclusion)
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:17 AM   #80
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
*YAWN* you win...

No-one has won, nor lost.

Things are just a bit clearer.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:26 AM   #81
Wige247
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 540
vCash: 1014
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

What is w/ people & scoring rounds even? I think that's a cop out and it's rare that a round should ever be scored even.
Wige247 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:35 AM   #82
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wige247
What is w/ people & scoring rounds even? I think that's a cop out and it's rare that a round should ever be scored even.
You might be right.

If a round is very close (and they sometimes are) it can be very hard to decide who won it.

One solution would be to score every round for one or other fighter. That might lead to judges having an internal bias. (Last round was nearly even but I gave it to A, so if this round is close, I should give it to B)

Another possible solution would be to score all rounds even unless one fighter had a clear margin. That way, with only clear rounds counting, fighters might be more aggressive and fight harder every round.

A final possible solution (which has some serious drawbacks) would be to have the fight continue until a KO or until one fighter felt he couldn't (or didn't want to) continue. This would end robberies and 'gift' decisions.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 AM   #83
Rumsfeld
Moderator
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Go to the Mushroom Mag!
Posts: 18,733
vCash: 655
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

Mosley won, albeit, less decisively than in their first encounter.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:31 AM   #84
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the few, the proud, the Philippines
Posts: 4,439
vCash: 75
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

IMO, Mosley won that fight by a close margin.


DLH threw a lot of combinations but never really made a lot of impact. A lot of rounds were close but the difference was made when DLH seemingly faded down the stretch. That's when how I got him winning.


btw, that's how Oscar fought PBF but lost the decision. how ironic.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #85
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,189
vCash: 1000
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBaseHead
Add Whitaker, Quartey and Sturm to that list. This man should have 8 losses on his record.
Losses to Quartey, Mosley I, Sturm, Hopkins, Mayweather

Draw with Whitaker

Close wins over Trinidad, Mosley II

IMO.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #86
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 1000
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wige247
What is w/ people & scoring rounds even? I think that's a cop out and it's rare that a round should ever be scored even.
i disagree,if you cant decide who won a round your `judgement is already in question giving it to someone completely discredits the other fighter by saying he didnt lose the round in my eyes but il only give him 9points anyway
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #87
precision
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 22
vCash: 1000
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

de la hoya should of won
precision is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #88
Shane_Erich
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 2110
Default Re: De La Hoya Mosley II

Mute the fight and re-watch it. In a poll of 28 sportswriters at ringside, 16 scored it for Mosley, eight for De La Hoya and four had it as a draw. Close fight, but the right guy won.
Shane_Erich is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013