Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 05:27 AM   #16
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,777
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
as much as I'd like to agree with your conclusion, because I do agree with your argument, I cannot...Our top fighters need recognition in America at the highest level...things haven't changed yet...America is still the place. When two European fight, however, like JC and MK, then the fight should be in Europe, probably, because the Americans won't care about it much anyway...and it would be good for boxing on the Old Continent...
ppv is killing off all but the same million or so die hards in america who love there boxing.

in europe you can get millions watching boxing as it goes out on free to air tv in germany and half and half in the uk.

imagine if mayweather/odlh was fought in europe at 4am american east coast time on an obscure small american ppv channel .

if this happened enough times then even that 1 million would start to lose intrest.

the only advantage america has is that the big venues are totally free and actually encourage promoters to stage there bills there while in europe they cost a lot of up front money for the venues.

with super casino`s coming to the uk that might soon happen here.
sean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 05:31 AM   #17
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
ppv is killing off all but the same million or so die hards in america who love there boxing.

in europe you can get millions watching boxing as it goes out on free to air tv in germany and half and half in the uk.

imagine if mayweather/odlh was fought in europe at 4am american east coast time on an obscure small american ppv channel .

if this happened enough times then even that 1 million would start to lose intrest.

the only advantage america has is that the big venues are totally free and actually encourage promoters to stage there bills there while in europe they cost a lot of up front money for the venues.

with super casino`s coming to the uk that might soon happen here.
you are right...but you have made an argument against PPV not against the fights being staged in America...we'll have a bunch of supercasinos here soon and if ITV or SKY want to air the fights then fine...but PPV in the UK versus PPV in America, I'd pick PPV in the US, because at least the American commentators/ "experts" will pay attention...bad for fans both here and there...
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:31 AM   #18
The Hitman
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 97
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Well i expected people to try and discredit Hatton's performance and the ESB didn't let me down.

-Tsyzu was washed up and the ref was rubbish

-Collazo won

-Castillo took a dive

Maybe, just maybe Ricky is a good fighter. Ever think of that? Maybe a fighter from Britain can just be very good
The Hitman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:35 AM   #19
Silver
The Champ is Here
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,440
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetzion
**** yr a dip shit he ko'd him with a body shot...how is that boring i agree he grapples too much for me too but boring no....you must have your tounge up maywethers ass crack
is your tougue up hatton's ass crack? everybody has their own opinon about whos boring. hatton was boring vs. urango but this fight with castillo wasnt bad at all. he holds but he also HITS. its better then seeing ****suckers run around the ring.
Silver is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:37 AM   #20
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitman
Well i expected people to try and discredit Hatton's performance and the ESB didn't let me down.

-Tsyzu was washed up and the ref was rubbish

-Collazo won

-Castillo took a dive

Maybe, just maybe Ricky is a good fighter. Ever think of that? Maybe a fighter from Britain can just be very good
If Hatton wasn't very good, Castillo would not have "taken a dive", now, would he? However, Castillo's liver seems to have turned "douchewater" rather quickly...surprising...I could have sworn it was at least "lager" if not "100 proof"...how do you explain that? In any case, I'd go for a very good shot by Hatton, that would have felled anyone. I'd like to beleive it's full credit to our man...but I didn't watch the fight...so cannot express an opinion...
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:39 AM   #21
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,777
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
you are right...but you have made an argument against PPV not against the fights being staged in America...we'll have a bunch of supercasinos here soon and if ITV or SKY want to air the fights then fine...but PPV in the UK versus PPV in America, I'd pick PPV in the US, because at least the American commentators/ "experts" will pay attention...bad for fans both here and there...
yes you are quite right.

if say NBC were to have boxing show the fights between europeans or european v american on say a sunday 4pm slot going out to europe at 9pm 10pm then that makes sense and i would have no problem with that.

my gripe is that ppv in america makes the euorpean boxer`s exposure to the american market absolutley tiny and not worth the bother, bar the most important thing which is the reason for it all in the first place.

MONEY.
sean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:40 AM   #22
Silver
The Champ is Here
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,440
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
If Hatton wasn't very good, Castillo would not have "taken a dive", now, would he? However, Castillo's liver seems to have turned "douchewater" rather quickly...surprising...I could have sworn it was at least "lager" if not "100 proof"...how do you explain that? In any case, I'd go for a very good shot by Hatton, that would have felled anyone. I'd like to beleive it's full credit to our man...but I didn't watch the fight...so cannot express an opinion...
you can be proud of your man because he landed a nice shot on castillo and it was over. now people want to bitch and say castillo was shot or he quit.
Silver is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:42 AM   #23
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
yes you are quite right.

if say NBC were to have boxing show the fights between europeans or european v american on say a sunday 4pm slot going out to europe at 9pm 10pm then that makes sense and i would have no problem with that.

my gripe is that ppv in america makes the euorpean boxer`s exposure to the american market absolutley tiny and not worth the bother, bar the most important thing which is the reason for it all in the first place.

MONEY.
I agree!
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:44 AM   #24
The Hitman
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 97
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
you can be proud of your man because he landed a nice shot on castillo and it was over. now people want to bitch and say castillo was shot or he quit.
Spot on mate, nice post
The Hitman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:45 AM   #25
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
you can be proud of your man because he landed a nice shot on castillo and it was over. now people want to bitch and say castillo was shot or he quit.
I don't know whether he was shot or not, or whether he quit...I would really hope not...it would not be in his character to quit, quite the opposite in fact...I'd have to see the fight.

But whether he did or not, whether he was shot or not...it's full credit to Ricky! Ricky didn't pick Castillo for the fight because he was shot or because he was a quitter...quite the opposite in fact!
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:07 AM   #26
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Ok, watched the whole of the 4th round...Castillo was not at his best...also Ricky was in top shape - much faster than his competitor. I also counted 5 body shots to the side a shot to which KO'd Castillo (there were about 2 to the other side too). So...NO...it wasn't a dive...the accumulation of shots would have felled anyone...and NO...Castillo doesn't have a douchewater liver...but he's it's not 100 proof either! The fact that Castillo was "shot" (not what he once was) has nothing to do with the fact that Ricky's shots would have hit a prime Castillo too, and would probably eventually have brought him to his knees anyway...perhaps not as early as the 4th round though...but a Ricky in that shape would have beaten any version of Castillo, eventually...of that I am sure!
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:28 AM   #27
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

One more thing...Hatton executed his gameplan to perfection...bodyshots 'r us galore! Clinched when he needed to and hit the body; led with his head when fighting inside to protect himself;...went all aggressive and jumped into his opponent when Castillo was closing in, thus defending himself some more...iNICE!
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:36 AM   #28
K0NPHL1C7
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

He belongs in the ****in UFC.
K0NPHL1C7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:41 AM   #29
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosseboi
Americans....cry more; you're really looking pathetic right now. I guess the word honor means nothing to you.
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:44 AM   #30
jc
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 6,536
vCash: 419
Default Re: Like how Hatton fights?

Hatton truly is one of the best pound for pound if this performance didnt prove it to you then your a ****in idiot.

Hatton should come back to the UK, where fighting hard is appreciated.

You cant KO a top 15 p4p guy in 4 and not get any credit, thats ridiculous!
jc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013