Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM   #46
swedeone
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Taylor vs Pavlik - who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickandmove
Would Pavlik have any chance of beating Hopkins?

No.

But that's what Taylor did. Twice (albeit in very close fights).

Pavlik is pedestrian and I'm convinced that Taylor will win this easily. Who has Pavlik fought? Miranda. Taylor has been in there with Hopkins and Wright, and is in another league to Pavlik.

Have you guys even looked at Pavlik's record? This guy hasn't fought anyone even remotely in Taylor's league.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He's getting schooled.

Man... you are in for the shock of your life. I can't wait to see your excuses on Sunday morning after Pavlik has wiped Taylor out with EASE. I'm willing to bet you won't even be around here.

Pavlik by TKO, round 9

swedeone is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 PM   #47
T.S.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Who? Taylor
Why? Manny Steward
T.S. is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 04:37 AM   #48
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
First comes a 'dish out crow' thread to every Taylor/Hype job apologising fan that underrates some of the best fighters in the world to push their flawed fighters.

Second comes a final 'review' thread of the entire situation involving Jermain Taylor and the media overrating him from day 1 and also how it relates to locking some of the best talent out of potential glory, then how it ties to the circle jerking circuit in one final reviewing essay.

Then we will go over true rankings and see how everyone feels, because if Pavlik blows this guy out, it says a lot about the current state of two former elite's in Hopkins and Wright IMO.
Revenge is a dish best served cold, eh, Amsterdam?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 04:44 AM   #49
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
If it were 'Nervouxtian' or 'Lance Uppercut' betting against me for six months with their extreme apologist logic, I'd leave them with something brutal, I can't stand either of those tools.
Apologistic? Give me an example of what I've said apologistic. You're too full of yourself to give ANYONE something brutal. Certainly not good enough to give me anything. You're basically a twat who pretends to be a know it all.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 07:04 AM   #50
Antwuan Maxx
Champion
East Side Guru

Talking Re: Taylor vs Pavlik - who wins and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickandmove
Would Pavlik have any chance of beating Hopkins?

No.

But that's what Taylor did. Twice (albeit in very close fights).

Pavlik is pedestrian and I'm convinced that Taylor will win this easily. Who has Pavlik fought? Miranda. Taylor has been in there with Hopkins and Wright, and is in another league to Pavlik.

Have you guys even looked at Pavlik's record? This guy hasn't fought anyone even remotely in Taylor's league.

He's getting schooled.
When was the last time Taylor schooled anybody? Hmmn...let's see. It was the always durable "I damn near got KO'd by Willie Gibbs" Daniel Edouard over two years ago. You're putting way too much emphasis on records, rather than styles. Pavlik poses threats in areas that Winky and Bernard did not. Such as strength, volume punching, height, reach, and most importantly, punching power. Legitimate two-fisted power at that. Smaller men like Winky and Ouma both were able to back Taylor down, and corner him with regularity. What do you expect a bigger, stronger, heavy hitting sturdy chinned fighter to do to him? I'll tell you what...

+

=

Antwuan Maxx is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #51
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan Maxx
When was the last time Taylor schooled anybody? Hmmn...let's see. It was the always durable "I damn near got KO'd by Willie Gibbs" Daniel Edouard over two years ago. You're putting way too much emphasis on records, rather than styles. Pavlik poses threats in areas that Winky and Bernard did not. Such as strength, volume punching, height, reach, and most importantly, punching power. Legitimate two-fisted power at that. Smaller men like Winky and Ouma both were able to back Taylor down, and corner him with regularity. What do you expect a bigger, stronger, heavy hitting sturdy chinned fighter to do to him? I'll tell you what...

+

=

I assume your theory/arithmetics have a drawback - Winky and Ouma got in Taylor's guard and followed up cause they penetrated from Taylor's leftfield ( where his low left guard is) in the first place and Pavlik will try to get in from Taylor's right field from where he can antecipate and counter-jab better, it makes it a whole different business... Anyway, very well illustrated, you deserve kudos just for that - great piece of work to explain your view.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 AM   #52
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

I think it will be a competitive fight that can go either way. I tend to favor Taylor based on his big fight experience, but Pavlik seems hungry and is certainly capable of winning the match.

Should be a good one.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #53
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bombasto
taylor has the reputation, experience, and is one of hbo's darlings. unless pavlik can win convincingly (stoppage or wide margin ud) taylor will win by decision.
Taylor is indeed HBO's darling - but you can't get a gift decision when you're OUT COLD on the canvas!

Pavlik KO 5
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #54
Stickandmove
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan Maxx

+

=

I feel honoured to receive such a brilliant response to my post

However, I still think that quality of opposition will be crucial in this bout. Jermain has been fighting the best out there - in terms of skill, Winky, Hopkins and Spinks are ALL among the best boxers in the world. Ouma's not bad either.

Pavlik is relatively crude compared to any of those guys, and I still think that Jermain will be able to comfortably outbox him - especially with Manny Steward on his team.

Despite some predictions of an early KO for Pavlik, most see this as a long fight. Jermain has been the distance in his last 5 fights; Pavlik has NEVER been 12 rounds - will his stamina hold out if the fight goes beyond 9 rounds?
Stickandmove is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum