Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
Rick G
Casual Fan
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Krasniqi vs. Dimitenko II (for the local never-has-been title)

According to German newspaper Bild Universum wants to match the two HWs this fall. What a useless fight as there is no unfinished business. Last time Dimitrenko won in convincing fashion, so IMHO matching them again does not make sense to me.
Rick G is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
ramalinga
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Krasniqi vs. Dimitenko II (for the local never-has-been title)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
According to German newspaper Bild Universum wants to match the two HWs this fall. What a useless fight as there is no unfinished business. Last time Dimitrenko won in convincing fashion, so IMHO matching them again does not make sense to me.

I would say Dimitrenko won in spectacular fashion but not convincingly. How many fights does anyone win in a whole career by one - punch body shot KO's? That was hardly a recipe for win that Dimitrenko can repeat anytime soon. Krasniqi started the fight much like Chambers, winning with good speed and mobility.

Dimitrenko has not been convincing in his two best wins, Hoffmann and Krasniqi and was awful against Chambers. Krasniqi is a good boxer who just doesn't have the mental toughness to rise to the occasion. Could be good crossroads fight for both.
ramalinga is offline  Top
Old 07-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684

Luan is mentally weak, but he is physically stronger than Dimitrenko IMO.

Krasniqi was winning all 3 rounds before he got stopped. If he can overcome his mental state, gain some confidence than Im sure he can beat Dimitrenko.
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2009, 04:46 AM   #4
Rick G
Casual Fan
ESB Jr Member

Sure, Dimitrenko found a gap in Krasniqi's defense and made use of it. I don't think it was a lucky punch as it was obviously intentional. And yes, that's true, Krasniqi outboxed Dimitrenko for 3 rounds.
Nevertheless both men don't seem to be hungry any more: Dimitrenko wants to become a lawyer, and Krasniqi wants to enjoy his life as a father and a rich man. Of course if Universum would hand me the money on a silver plate I would take it, too. So they'll bring a more or less interesting exhibition match, not more.
Rick G is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2009, 04:56 AM   #5
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Krasniqi needs the money, Dimitrenko needs a win. Good match up.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #6
MonsterX
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Krasniqi was done years ago. This fight has no meaning or it should been seen as a motivationfight for Dimitrenko. Krasniqi announced he stopped boxing disn't he?
MonsterX is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2009, 06:14 AM   #7
ramalinga
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
Sure, Dimitrenko found a gap in Krasniqi's defense and made use of it. I don't think it was a lucky punch as it was obviously intentional. And yes, that's true, Krasniqi outboxed Dimitrenko for 3 rounds.
Nevertheless both men don't seem to be hungry any more: Dimitrenko wants to become a lawyer, and Krasniqi wants to enjoy his life as a father and a rich man. Of course if Universum would hand me the money on a silver plate I would take it, too. So they'll bring a more or less interesting exhibition match, not more.
I actually feel that Krasniqi is eager on another shot. He kept complaining about how much bad luck he had in his career, while I certainly feel it was his lack of mental strength, it shows that he hasn't closed the chapter of boxing. Dimitrenko might very well not have enough desire to be a top fighter.
ramalinga is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684

Actually this fight is not so bad. There is a point to it. Universum's heavyweights have all lost recently except for Boystov. Matching Krasniqi and Dimitrenko again will put the winner and Universum back on track to make a comeback with one of their heavyweights.

And dont forget Krasniqi is still a draw in Germany so this would be the best possible matchup for Dimitrenko.

See what I'm sayin?
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 07-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

It makes business sense. Krasnquitti, no matter how embarassing he performs, has devoted following of nuthugging Albanians, so the fight will probably still sell. It's a good opportunity for Universum to get rid of him once and for all and make a bit of money out of it. For Dimitrenko it's an easy tune-up after his first loss against a known name without any risk. And please don't spread myths that Krasquitti won "all 3 rounds", that's ridiculous. He won maybe the first, if you're generous, the second was about even and he was severely slowing down in the 3rd long before the KO.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2009, 01:07 AM   #10
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

It's time Dimitrenko improve or quit.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2009, 03:38 AM   #11
rapidfire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
It's time Dimitrenko improve or quit.
According to many of your postings, Dimitrenko has improved a lot.

Now that he got beaten by Chambers he is nothing.
rapidfire is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2009, 04:05 AM   #12
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidfire View Post

Like farmy, I thought I saw some improvement too. The Chambers fight was a rude awakening.

I can't think too badly about the man- Chambers is a hell of a fighter with a sick defense, a good string of wins, and he even gave Povetkin some hell before loosing.

But the reality is if you are 6'7 and 250 pounds (sorry, I know I am on the euro forum, but I don't know Kilos) you just cannot get bullied by a man who is 6'1 and 208. Eddie has underrated, useful power, but if he can be creditied with two knockdowns in the fight, what is Dimi going to do when he gets hit by a true puncher?

So I think Farmy is right. He needs to take a long look at boxing and his law career and decide whether this is what he wants to do. If it is, then he needs to improve- learn how to use that long jab to keep opponents off of him.

And if it is, hell, I am still a fan. Fighters loose all the time, and oftern it improves them. Look at Chambers.

But another Krasiniqi fight is definately not the answer. That would be a sign to me that he is just spinning his wheels, and he is not serious about being a champion.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #13
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidfire View Post

You cant say "It`s Nothink to lose from Chambers". Eddie Chambers beats Samuel Peter, Chris Byrd, Calvin Brock, Dominick Guinn and for my opinion Chembers draws with Povetkin last year.

Chambers have quality to be world champion .
Artani is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2009, 04:43 AM   #14
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

Chambers has never fought Chris Byrd, Artani but I agree that his resume is quite impressive.

In regard of Dimitrenko v Krasniqi II, I think that it does not make any sense. Krasniqi has been looking bad since the Minto fight. He is finished. Yes, Krasniqi looked OK in the beginning against Dimitrenko but I think that he decided to give everything for few rounds and see what happens. He did not intend to fight 12 rounds. He rushed early.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #15
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
Chambers has never fought Chris Byrd, Artani but I agree that his resume is quite impressive.

In regard of Dimitrenko v Krasniqi II, I think that it does not make any sense. Krasniqi has been looking bad since the Minto fight. He is finished. Yes, Krasniqi looked OK in the beginning against Dimitrenko but I think that he decided to give everything for few rounds and see what happens. He did not intend to fight 12 rounds. He rushed early.

You are right, appsolutly Ivo , but fight Krasniqi vs Dimitrenko will give to both of them good money.
Artani is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum