boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Asia, via Scotland
Posts: 2,862
vCash: 1000
Default Witter knocks Hatton out

I said this all along. I was worried Junior was well past it, but it appears not. Hatton will continue to duck him. Witer is the man at 140, **** cherrypicker Hatton, he will be exposed BADLY this winter.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 75
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

Quote:
Originally Posted by you OUT...SUCKA
I said this all along. I was worried Junior was well past it, but it appears not. Hatton will continue to duck him. Witer is the man at 140, **** cherrypicker Hatton, he will be exposed BADLY this winter.
This must be a wind up surely?

So let me get this right, Hatton has fought Castillo, Tszyu and is now fighting Mayweather (the best boxer in the world) but he's ducking Junior Witter? Haha, yeah whatever you say lid, whatever you say.
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:56 PM   #3
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Asia, via Scotland
Posts: 2,862
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseLad
This must be a wind up surely?

So let me get this right, Hatton has fought Castillo, Tszyu and is now fighting Mayweather (the best boxer in the world) but he's ducking Junior Witter? Haha, yeah whatever you say lid, whatever you say.
absolutely, the 2 guys were well past it
Mayweather is not and will kick Hatton's ass. Witter would knock him out too....but he's shamelessly ducked him for years.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:31 PM   #4
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,492
vCash: 1167
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

hey SUCKA whether you like it or not witter will always be hattons *****, just 1 of those visous body shots from hatton is enough to end witters dreams
faisal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #5
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Korea via Manchester
Posts: 2,076
vCash: 1667
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

No he wouldn't.
Witter is susceptible to two things...slick boxers and high octane pressure fighters.
Witter has a great punch and a great chin; he has no stamina and a poor workrate with a wide sloppy style.

Hatton can take a punch and he does not allow room, plus he targets the body and never stops.

Witter would be mauled by Hatton. He would have to land a KO and frankly Hatton is unlikely to be KOd with one shot, he tooks punches from Tsyzu and he knows how to cover up and survive.
Witter would be getting ripped into and as the fight drew on he would be more and more ragged and open, more sloppy and the workrate reduced to single shots.

It amazes me that anyone would pick him to win based on his punch alone. I knew he would KO Harris and I am confident he would KO pretty much anyone in the division.

He loses to the following:

PBF
Hatton
Malignaggi

Funnily enough I give him a better shot at beating Cotto than beating the lesser fighters in Hatton and Paulie. Styles and all that.
Strike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:11 AM   #6
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: England
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 1241
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

Hatton Is also susceptible to southpaws and counter punchers too.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:18 AM   #7
Sheehan
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 813
vCash: 82
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Hatton Is also susceptible to southpaws and counter punchers too.
how many times has he lost to them?
Sheehan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:25 AM   #8
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: England
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 1241
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

Who would lose cherry picking the right ones?

Hatton's good but his career and his style Is overrated a little.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:56 AM   #9
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,547
vCash: 922
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

Witter's performance against Harris got the job done in style, but it would not have been good enough against Hatton. I thought he was a bit reckless and stuck his chin out to dry too much. Witter's reflexes let him down a few times and he got caught a bit too much.
Witter should be commended for the way he fought, it was the best I've seen him, but Harris looked like a spent force, in my opinion. He didn't have the stamina to go 12 rounds, but seemed to lose heart long before things got tough.
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #10
UndisputedUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
Witter's performance against Harris got the job done in style, but it would not have been good enough against Hatton. I thought he was a bit reckless and stuck his chin out to dry too much. Witter's reflexes let him down a few times and he got caught a bit too much.
Witter should be commended for the way he fought, it was the best I've seen him, but Harris looked like a spent force, in my opinion. He didn't have the stamina to go 12 rounds, but seemed to lose heart long before things got tough.
He got caught by an opponent who was 5ft 11" with a big reach advance, big deal. Did Harris Rock, shake or look like beating witter at all? NO. Did Witter put on a good display and knock out a highly ranked world champion, YES.

Witter should be number 2 in the world at the moment, when Hatton moves up he should be number 1.
UndisputedUK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #11
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
No he wouldn't.
Witter is susceptible to two things...slick boxers and high octane pressure fighters.
Witter has a great punch and a great chin; he has no stamina and a poor workrate with a wide sloppy style.
How so? Harris was a slick box puncher with a long reach a spiteful right hand and a decent rapier jab. Witter owned him.To my knowledge iv never seen Witter fight ANY high pressure style fighter let alone come close to loosing to one so i fail to see your logic. As for his stamina i simply dont believe the hype.Witter has never shown to be gassed in the later rounds and his conservative punching style is merely indicative of the type of fighter that he is. Put him in the ring with ANY high profile fighter and he raises his game.His fought down a level for too long due to FW and a bad career path but EVERY time his been thrown to the lions his come up trumps even a young Judah attested to this. Dont sleep on Witter.A fight with Hatton stylistically is a nightmare for Ricky.If this fight was easy money and an easy win he would have fought him yonks ago.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #12
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Korea via Manchester
Posts: 2,076
vCash: 1667
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
How so? Harris was a slick box puncher with a long reach a spiteful right hand and a decent rapier jab. Witter owned him.To my knowledge iv never seen Witter fight ANY high pressure style fighter let alone come close to loosing to one so i fail to see your logic. As for his stamina i simply dont believe the hype.Witter has never shown to be gassed in the later rounds and his conservative punching style is merely indicative of the type of fighter that he is. Put him in the ring with ANY high profile fighter and he raises his game.His fought down a level for too long due to FW and a bad career path but EVERY time his been thrown to the lions his come up trumps even a young Judah attested to this. Dont sleep on Witter.A fight with Hatton stylistically is a nightmare for Ricky.If this fight was easy money and an easy win he would have fought him yonks ago.
Well I will explain my logic. He gassed against Lynes and looked like ****. He was easily beating N'Dou and then started to gas and was eating shots all night and ended up winning a far closer fight than should have been the case. Granted if he hadn't bust his hand he probably would have stopped N'Dou in the 5th or 6th, but he gassed plain and simple.

Lynes made him look awful and simply applied pressure.

Harris is not particularly slick. I said Witter would starch him and do so easily, I in fact predicted a 4th round KO...and I wasn't that far off. Harris is a decent puncher and a decent boxer, but nothing special. Witter has a solid chin and Harris is quite open when he attacks and susceptible to power.

I went to watch him win the title off Corley and he did not raise his game at all, he fought ****. The difference was that Corley didn't even fight, so the lesser of two awful performances meant Witter won. He had one good round in the fight and the rest was a total stinker.

Hatton is a nightmare for Witter. Up on his chest where he cant land the big shots easily...constant pressure, attacking the body and able to take single power shots pretty well and recuperate.

I would give Witter a decent shot at pretty much anyone, but Malignaggi is a nightmare too....very slick, good chin and wont come to fight, but come to steal rounds with much higher output and smart boxing.
Strike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #13
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,737
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
Well I will explain my logic. He gassed against Lynes and looked like ****. He was easily beating N'Dou and then started to gas and was eating shots all night and ended up winning a far closer fight than should have been the case. Granted if he hadn't bust his hand he probably would have stopped N'Dou in the 5th or 6th, but he gassed plain and simple.

Lynes made him look awful and simply applied pressure.

Harris is not particularly slick. I said Witter would starch him and do so easily, I in fact predicted a 4th round KO...and I wasn't that far off. Harris is a decent puncher and a decent boxer, but nothing special. Witter has a solid chin and Harris is quite open when he attacks and susceptible to power.

I went to watch him win the title off Corley and he did not raise his game at all, he fought ****. The difference was that Corley didn't even fight, so the lesser of two awful performances meant Witter won. He had one good round in the fight and the rest was a total stinker.

Hatton is a nightmare for Witter. Up on his chest where he cant land the big shots easily...constant pressure, attacking the body and able to take single power shots pretty well and recuperate.

I would give Witter a decent shot at pretty much anyone, but Malignaggi is a nightmare too....very slick, good chin and wont come to fight, but come to steal rounds with much higher output and smart boxing.
Witter does better with more counter opportunities. Look how he easily landed on Harris and Ndou he may land even more on Hatton because of more opportunities. Witter is at his best when a fight brings it to him.

He gassed against Ndou but hadnt gone past 5 in years, hes more experienced now.

Hatton eats south paw right hooks, which is a weakness Witter can exploit

Witter has looked poor against Kotelnik/Corley but he won clearly and if his opponent doesnt try to make a fight he won't look good with his style.

Witter looked magnificent against Harris - P4P Quality
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #14
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shuffled like a pack of cards
Posts: 518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton out

Witter would have lots of countering opportunities against Hatton, if he were to exploit them all then he would throw so many punches that he wouldn't be able to keep the pace up and would gas late making him more succeptable to a KO.
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #15
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: England
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 1241
Default Re: Witter knocks Hatton the **** out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
Well I will explain my logic. He gassed against Lynes and looked like ****. He was easily beating N'Dou and then started to gas and was eating shots all night and ended up winning a far closer fight than should have been the case. Granted if he hadn't bust his hand he probably would have stopped N'Dou in the 5th or 6th, but he gassed plain and simple.

Lynes made him look awful and simply applied pressure.

Harris is not particularly slick. I said Witter would starch him and do so easily, I in fact predicted a 4th round KO...and I wasn't that far off. Harris is a decent puncher and a decent boxer, but nothing special. Witter has a solid chin and Harris is quite open when he attacks and susceptible to power.

I went to watch him win the title off Corley and he did not raise his game at all, he fought ****. The difference was that Corley didn't even fight, so the lesser of two awful performances meant Witter won. He had one good round in the fight and the rest was a total stinker.

Hatton is a nightmare for Witter. Up on his chest where he cant land the big shots easily...constant pressure, attacking the body and able to take single power shots pretty well and recuperate.

I would give Witter a decent shot at pretty much anyone, but Malignaggi is a nightmare too....very slick, good chin and wont come to fight, but come to steal rounds with much higher output and smart boxing.
Witter did gas against Kotelnik and Lynes but he seems to have better stamina now being more motivated.

Witter switching to southpaw, counter punching and timing Hatton will give Ricky nightmares.

I still remember how lucky he got against Callazo's southpaw counter punching and when he timed Ricky coming forward. You don't even have to hit Hatton hard If you time him right. He won that fight no doubt though.

Hatton's pressure style badly lacks defence, he just dives In and uses roughousing tatics with some body punching. He's very wide open for a timed counter as he dives In.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015