Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?
Yes 41 44.57%
No 51 55.43%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
Superheavyweight
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

Hes already beaten the #2, which is the requirement for the Ring Heavyweight Title.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
A-50
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

Honestly if Vitali beats McCline he should have it, he retired with it and now he is back. Vitali Klitschko IS the rightfull Ring Magazine Champion.
A-50 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West "by God" Virginia
Posts: 14,949
vCash: 1852
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superheavyweight
Hes already beaten the #2, which is the requirement for the Ring Heavyweight Title.
And it would seem the general concesus (hater's not included) that Wlad is head and shoulders above any competition out there. I've read long debates on ESB about who should even be his next opponent, as no one seems worthy or won't get badly killed in there. I say Wlad should have the ring belt. But atleast the Ring Championship is the only one that gets won/lost in the ring.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

He's only beaten the #2 and #8 guys. Then again, the second-highest scorer (Chagaev) also has only two wins over top 10 guys.

Testament to the division's inactivity.
cross_trainer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #5
TheGoldenBoy#1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Posts: 142
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

who s number 2 in the ring rankings? Peter?


I said no. If It s peter it was what? 3 years ago that he beat him. Peter wasnt number 2 when Wlad beat him.
TheGoldenBoy#1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,045
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

thats not how it works. You win the Ring belt in the ring.

Last edited by Flatlander; 06-09-2006 at 01:15 AM.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #7
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,102
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superheavyweight
Hes already beaten the #2, which is the requirement for the Ring Heavyweight Title.
While Wlad is the #1 heavy right now, I think he needs a title unification match. The winner of Ibragimov vs Holyfield could be ranked as high as #2 or #3. The winner of the match appears to be willing to fight Wlad. By Ring Magazine rules, if a #1 fights a #2 or #3, a new champion can be crowned in a time of vacancy.

However, the long shadow of Vitali Kiltschko's comeback looms. Vitlai was the last Ring Magazine champion. Vitlai should not be out of this discussion. If Vitlai beats McCline down, then cleans up on the winner of Maskev vs Peter, he could return as the Ring Magazine champion.

It is best to wait as many things can happen in the two years.

Mendoza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #8
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

No - once he beats another champion or beats Peter again he should
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #9
SevenSamurai
3 year ESB vet.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
Honestly if Vitali beats McCline he should have it, he retired with it and now he is back. Vitali Klitschko IS the rightfull Ring Magazine Champion.
Read the thread, it is about Wlad Klitschko.
SevenSamurai is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #10
SevenSamurai
3 year ESB vet.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

The reason Wlad does not already have the ring belt, is due to the fact he is white and from europe rather than the fact that he has not beaten quality opposition. If Wlad was an Amercian and black and he had beaten the same people he would have the ring belt right now. Everyone knows that this is true.
SevenSamurai is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #11
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 12,605
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

I would say have a Klitschko vs. Peter rematch if Peter wins in his upcoming title shot. Then it would be a superfight.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
Honestly if Vitali beats McCline he should have it, he retired with it and now he is back. Vitali Klitschko IS the rightfull Ring Magazine Champion.
Then if Lennox Lewis comes out of retirement, then he should get the Ring belt back right? That whole concept is ridiculous. He isn't the rightful Ring champion and never should have had it to begin with.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:12 PM   #13
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,045
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Randsom
The reason Wlad does not already have the ring belt, is due to the fact he is white and from europe rather than the fact that he has not beaten quality opposition. If Wlad was an Amercian and black and he had beaten the same people he would have the ring belt right now. Everyone knows that this is true.
The rules are as clear as day....to be ring champ a #1 must beat #2 or #3 in some instances. Whats so hard to comprehend? He wasnt #1 when he beat Peter and Peter wasnt#2 when they fought.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #14
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Randsom
The reason Wlad does not already have the ring belt, is due to the fact he is white and from europe rather than the fact that he has not beaten quality opposition. If Wlad was an Amercian and black and he had beaten the same people he would have the ring belt right now. Everyone knows that this is true.
Ummm....thats IDIOTIC. He didn't beat the #2 guy when he was #1. Those are the rules? Should they make an exception so you don't think it's a race or nationality thing?
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #15
A-50
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Wladimir Klitschko Be Awarded The Ring Belt By Default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
Then if Lennox Lewis comes out of retirement, then he should get the Ring belt back right? That whole concept is ridiculous. He isn't the rightful Ring champion and never should have had it to begin with.
Why? Because you say so? Vitali Klitschko was the Ring Champion, deal with it. and he should be the Ring Champion since he is coming back and NEVER lost the belt. Lennox is not coming back.
A-50 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013