Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Classics take on tua - cameron.

Edit: Broken t key and have to copy and paste to use it, so I didnt capitalize either name..

What do you all think of this match up? tua is probably one of the best heavyweight fighters to never hold a belt and seems like he is more focused and hungry for ths fight than he has been in recent years, and I dont know much of Cameron but he seems like a solid fighter..

Also, how about the lack of coverage for ths fight? I mean, a legend, who seems to be hungry as ever, and has two things that will always keep him in any fight anyways(power and chin), against a top 10 contender, who is a younger, solid fighter himself.(31 is young for heavys nowadays right?) I mean, with how Cameron is ranked, within two fights after this one of these fighters could have a potential Wladimir fight..
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Classics take on tua - cameron.

I don't really know anything about Shane Cameron, but I've been watching his record grow for some time now. He seems like he's been facing opposition that's at least average in quality, and I believe he's around 30 years old with a record of 23-1-0-20 or something to that effect. I noticed that he did lose a fight via TKO in a scheduled 12 rounder against African journeyman, Friday Anhunyana. Can't say for sure what Cameron has to offer the heavyweight division.

As for David Tua, We won't know what he has left until he's fought at least a few half way decent opponents. He hasn't been in the ring since 2007, and hasn't beaten a worthy name in several years. Frankly, I think it might be better for the sport if the younger guy takes the victory, given that the division is starved for youthful talent ( not that Cameron can provide this. )
mr. magoo is online now  Top
Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Cameron is not a good fighter. If Tua is in any decent shape, hes going to seriously hurt Cameron.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
butler08
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentMatt View Post
within two fights after this one of these fighters could have a potential Wladimir fight..
More likely to be a valuev fight due to wlads manditories and they wont be on vitalis radar and wouldnt it be just typical of this fight being made for valuev.

Altough this fight is for the WBO Oriental heavyweight title and WBO Asia Pacific heavyweight title so they would get a pretty high WBO rating
butler08 is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

MagnificentMatt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum