Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-30-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
skateolive

vCash: 1615
Default Amin Asikainen vs Mathew Macklin

A very intriguing match for the EBU Championships. Personally I think Macklin will be too much to handle for the aeging Asikainen, however the match up promises fireworks and should end in a knock out.

Any opinions on this one?

Last edited by skateolive; 08-09-2009 at 04:11 PM.
skateolive is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Amin Asikainen vs Mathew Macklin

macklin by ko , he was sensational in his last fight and is coming into his prime
moorser is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
JohnAkiBoa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Macklin is jut a Mere British level fighter, but have good change against Asikainen. Best days of Asikainen are behind and IMO his punch resistance is gone. Asikainen is getting older he is already 33, sharpness, reflexes are gone seem like cant pull the trigger no more.

Peak Asikainen KO's viciously Macklin.
JohnAkiBoa is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
somerset
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Anyone else thinks he is ducking Barker for an easier fight...
somerset is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
rooq
East Side Guru

not sure. can't imagine macklin ducking anyone, but i do think barker would be a high risk / low reward fight for him, compared to fighting a faded asikainen for the ebu title which will also put him a step closer to a world title shot
rooq is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Asikainen's best days are gone. Didn't seem to have any passion left for the sport in his fight against Gevor. Haven't seen his most recent fight, but I think Macklin will be too much.
znaak is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerset View Post
Anyone else thinks he is ducking Barker for an easier fight...
You could maybe make than argument if fighting Asikainen didn't get him upgraded from the British title to the European.

Having the European title at this weight firmly establishes you on the World scene and although I normally want guys to fight their domestic foes before moving up but this is a case of the fight will be bigger later.

Barker and Macklin are two quality middleweights and whether they win World titles or not I'd expect both to get the chance to fight for them in the future anyway.

A Macklin v Barker British/Commonwealth/European title fight would be very appetising in the not too distant future.

Macklin ko's Asikainen btw........and that's any version of Asikainen for me.
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2009, 03:40 AM   #8
JohnAkiBoa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
You could maybe make than argument if fighting Asikainen didn't get him upgraded from the British title to the European.

Having the European title at this weight firmly establishes you on the World scene and although I normally want guys to fight their domestic foes before moving up but this is a case of the fight will be bigger later.

Barker and Macklin are two quality middleweights and whether they win World titles or not I'd expect both to get the chance to fight for them in the future anyway.

A Macklin v Barker British/Commonwealth/European title fight would be very appetising in the not too distant future.

Macklin ko's Asikainen btw........and that's any version of Asikainen for me.
We are gonna see this. Mackling comes Wide open for baking for right hand of Asikainen. He looks so open and i wonder what happened if he trades and eats Asikainen left hook. Macklin only change is getting inside with his hooks. other wise he is getting beaten.

Jesus, Macklin was knocked out by Jamie Moore and lost to Bum on points, thou it is some years ago c-level fighter at his best.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:32 AM   #9
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAkiBoa View Post
We are gonna see this. Mackling comes Wide open for baking for right hand of Asikainen. He looks so open and i wonder what happened if he trades and eats Asikainen left hook. Macklin only change is getting inside with his hooks. other wise he is getting beaten.

Jesus, Macklin was knocked out by Jamie Moore and lost to Bum on points, thou it is some years ago c-level fighter at his best.
No wonder you're laughing, if you actually think the same Matthew Macklin that lost to Facey and then Moore(where he had improved hugely since the Facey loss) will be in the ring against Asikainen.
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #10
JohnAkiBoa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

BORKED
Amin Asikainen, that's what the Heart of a True Warrior is all about...

Reel it to 3.30. Vicious Left Hook of Asikainen's is doing real damage, only the Crooked Referee stealing a Legit knock down from Asikainen.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #11
JohnAkiBoa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
No wonder you're laughing, if you actually think the same Matthew Macklin that lost to Facey and then Moore(where he had improved hugely since the Facey loss) will be in the ring against Asikainen.
Yeah Mackling has matured as a boxer no doubt about it.

Mackling is very dangerous at early rounds, the later fight goes the sloppier/careless he comes and tend to tire dangerously it is the biggest mistake against Idi, pretty obvious. He is a good inside with his hooks, that's about it, thou bad for Asikainen judging his last performance against Gevor.

For Prime condition Asikainen he is good match up. Asikainen counters sloppy Macklin with his left hook and it is lights out. I am actually afraid because this fight is in England, and there has been the most corrupted home town fights I have ever seen.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #12
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Yeah Mackling has matured as a boxer no doubt about it.

Mackling is very dangerous at early rounds, the later fight goes the sloppier/careless he comes and tend to tire dangerously it is the biggest mistake against Idi, pretty obvious. He is a good inside with his hooks, that's about it, thou bad for Asikainen judging his last performance against Gevor.

For Prime condition Asikainen he is good match up. Asikainen counters sloppy Macklin with his left hook and it is lights out. I am actually afraid because this fight is in England, and there has been the most corrupted home town fights I have ever seen.
Don't be ridiculous. There has been the odd dodgy decision i.e Woods/Johnson 1 being called a draw, Nelson/Jones again called a draw (both fights where the away fighter should've won), but there has never been anything nearly as bad as what goes on in Germany, Italy or (to a lesser extent) France.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
JohnAkiBoa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
Don't be ridiculous. There has been the odd dodgy decision i.e Woods/Johnson 1 being called a draw, Nelson/Jones again called a draw (both fights where the away fighter should've won), but there has never been anything nearly as bad as what goes on in Germany, Italy or (to a lesser extent) France.
What? It is known Fact England is easily one of the most corrupted place favouring home town fighters. It is sickening.

Watch G-Man&Tszyu.. enought said.. Big Fights should NEVER been arranged in England. There is alot of dodgy matching around there
Old 08-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #14
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
What? It is known Fact England is easily one of the most corrupted place favouring home town fighters. It is sickening.

Watch G-Man&Tszyu.. enought said.. Big Fights should NEVER been arranged in England. There is alot of dodgy matching around there
It happens in every country.

What the **** is your problem with England? you do nothing but bad-mouth the country and its fighters.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #15
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:

I admit the ref in the Benn/McClellan fight was awful, but as terrible as Dave Parris is, I don't think you can point to his referring and claim it was corrupt or even incompetent in the Hatton/Tszyu fight.
If you want dodgy why not watch the following:

Danny Williams vs Konstantin Airich Round 6
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The whole fight was pretty disgraceful tbh

Sven Ottke vs Robin Reid Round 6-7
Nothing really needs to be said about this fight

Yoan Pablo Hernandez - Wayne Braithwaite
The longest count ever adminstered after a knockdown?

Sebastian Sylvester vs Amin Asikainen 2
The ref didn't even deduct a point from Sylvester!
ollyc is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum