Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
jfrim
Born and Bred Film Team

vCash: 1000
Default BORN AND BRED - New Boxing Documentary Coming to Theaters

Some of you here know me but probably most do not...

I am a Los Angeles-based film director who has been painstakingly working for the last 3 years on a documentary film aimed at theatrical release titled Born and Bred. The film is now finished and we are beginning our roll-out of the movie for release in late summer/early fall.

While the film is focused on a couple gyms in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], it is very much about the heart of boxing in general and in-depth look at the stories of boxers at the earliest part of their career. Besides for interviews with such luminaries as Teddy Atlas, Jim Lampley, Emanuel Steward and others, the film includes footage of literally hundreds of the hard working boxers/trainers/families involved in boxing from coast to coast. It also includes many of the current crop of new professional boxers such as Javier Molina, Shawn Estrada, Jeremy Bryan, Karl Dargan, Luis Ramos and many others.

And while the film turned out to be one-of-a-kind in every way and hopefully one of the great sports documentaries of its kind, any film that is not a major [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] blockbuster with a $30 million advertising budget depends on the support and enthusiasm of the people it is about to get the word out on the film and make it successful. So we are beginning our film campaign by looking to the people who make it happen in this sport: You.

We have just launched the first phase of our web site with a teaser trailer and a sign up form that will allow us to gauge where there is demand for the film to be seen in a theater and where there is not so we know what theaters across the country to book it in. So anyone who is interested in seeing this film, please sign up on the website and forward the info on the site to anyone and everyone you know who might be interested in seeing the film.

Website: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (bornandbredmovie dot com)

There is also a blog for the film at: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (theamateurboxer dot com)

There will be regular updates on the blog of additional clips from the film as well as writing/videos/photography of the sport. The first update will go up on Monday of film footage of an interview with Mike Tyson talking about his amateur days. If anyone here is interested in posting something on the blog, please visit the blog and contact me through there.

Lastly, I just wanted to thank everyone out there in both the Los Angeles [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] community as well as in the boxing community across the country for helping make this film happen. Because of all the incredible individuals involved in boxing, I have become a passionate addict to the sport.

****** Frimmer
Director
jfrim is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: BORN AND BRED - New Boxing Documentary Coming to Theaters

will it be shown in ireland
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

wow....looks ****en great
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Just.in Frimmer, I believe once upon a time you signed our 'boxing channel' petition in the UK. I will definately check this out, thanks.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 917

looks good. When is the release? Will it play in Oregon?
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
2tall2slow2

vCash:

"aimed at theatrical release"
I assume this means you're still looking for a distributor?
If so. Good luck mate. Not enough documentaries out there on boxing at it's core.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
walk with me
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrim View Post
Some of you here know me but probably most do not...

I am a Los Angeles-based film director who has been painstakingly working for the last 3 years on a documentary film aimed at theatrical release titled Born and Bred. The film is now finished and we are beginning our roll-out of the movie for release in late summer/early fall.

While the film is focused on a couple gyms in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], it is very much about the heart of boxing in general and in-depth look at the stories of boxers at the earliest part of their career. Besides for interviews with such luminaries as Teddy Atlas, Jim Lampley, Emanuel Steward and others, the film includes footage of literally hundreds of the hard working boxers/trainers/families involved in boxing from coast to coast. It also includes many of the current crop of new professional boxers such as Javier Molina, Shawn Estrada, Jeremy Bryan, Karl Dargan, Luis Ramos and many others.

And while the film turned out to be one-of-a-kind in every way and hopefully one of the great sports documentaries of its kind, any film that is not a major [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] blockbuster with a $30 million advertising budget depends on the support and enthusiasm of the people it is about to get the word out on the film and make it successful. So we are beginning our film campaign by looking to the people who make it happen in this sport: You.

We have just launched the first phase of our web site with a teaser trailer and a sign up form that will allow us to gauge where there is demand for the film to be seen in a theater and where there is not so we know what theaters across the country to book it in. So anyone who is interested in seeing this film, please sign up on the website and forward the info on the site to anyone and everyone you know who might be interested in seeing the film.

Website: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (bornandbredmovie dot com)

There is also a blog for the film at: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (theamateurboxer dot com)

There will be regular updates on the blog of additional clips from the film as well as writing/videos/photography of the sport. The first update will go up on Monday of film footage of an interview with Mike Tyson talking about his amateur days. If anyone here is interested in posting something on the blog, please visit the blog and contact me through there.

Lastly, I just wanted to thank everyone out there in both the Los Angeles [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] community as well as in the boxing community across the country for helping make this film happen. Because of all the incredible individuals involved in boxing, I have become a passionate addict to the sport.

****** Frimmer
Director
have you made a website for the movie yet?
walk with me is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
jfrim
Born and Bred Film Team

Thanks for the good feedback from everyone first of all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall2slow2 View Post
"aimed at theatrical release"
I assume this means you're still looking for a distributor?
If so. Good luck mate. Not enough documentaries out there on boxing at it's core.
The film has distribution. How many theaters it will be shown in depends on the support it receives prior to being booked in theaters...If we see a lot of interest in certain cities but not in others, it will be shown in only those cities where there is established interest. So if you are interested in seeing it, please take a couple seconds to sign up on the film website - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - with your zip code so we know where you are at.

Thanks again!
jfrim is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
walk with me
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrim View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - with your zip code so we know where you are at.

Thanks again!

i see you have made a website.... now just work on your viral marketing..

go on every possible website you can and just advertise for the movie

maybe make some posters and send them to some big boxing gyms
walk with me is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

Good lookin stuff, I'll be sure to support it.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #11
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Have you submitted it to Full Frame, the documentary festival in Durham, N.C.? They've had some very nice sports docs in recent years and had the Hoop Dreams director curate a selection of them this past year.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #12
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

Also, jfrim, Notre Dame recently built a movie theatre here that plays alot of older, foreign, or smaller films. Given the tradition of amateur boxing on the campus (Bengal bouts), it might not be a bad idea to see if you can get it picked up there.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 03:51 PM   #13
san rafael
0.00% lemming
East Side VIP

vCash: 186

Trailer looks pretty good - to a hardcore boxing fan. Hope it does well. I didn't see anything that will pull the general public. They, the public, need some sort of angle. None seemed to jump out. The major studios twist the **** out of their trailers. This one could use a bit of twisting, IMHO.
san rafael is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #14
Maxime
Sweet Science
ESB Addict

vCash: 171

Poor choice for the name of the documentary.

It almost sounds like "Born inbred".
Maxime is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #15
jfrim
Born and Bred Film Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by san rafael View Post
Trailer looks pretty good - to a hardcore boxing fan. Hope it does well. I didn't see anything that will pull the general public. They, the public, need some sort of angle. None seemed to jump out. The major studios twist the **** out of their trailers. This one could use a bit of twisting, IMHO.
The trailer is a "teaser trailer" but we aren't really going for "the general public" anymore than major PPV fights do. The biggest PPV fights of all time probably wouldn't make it to the top 10 TV sitcoms/reality shows from just this week unfortunately. We are looking to connect to both the boxing crowd and to people who like really good independent films/documentaries. It's about connecting a quality film to quality viewers. The general public can go watch the guinea pigs...

The story in the film is truly amazing and cannot be seen anywhere else and could never be reproduced by Hollywood studios. The film is one-of-a-kind for that exact reason - it is not "twisted" every which way like a Hollywood film to make it completely phony, unrealistic and exaggerated. It's value is that it's real life.

Thanks for everyone's support and please sign up on the film's website if you want to see this in a theater near you.
jfrim is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum