boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #16
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ok, Why do so many people DON'T RATE Jermaine Taylor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin
Because he didn't lose the first 6 . WTF did Taylor do to sweep the first 7 besides miss every punch he threw and get hit with the occasional counter ???
Hit Hopkins more than Hopkins hit him. Wasn't till later on when Hopkins caught up to Taylor and passed him in punch stats. Around the 10th round Hopkins had a big round outlanding him.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2007, 11:51 PM   #17
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose FM
Gawd man, the more i read your threads the more stupid you sounds. No one can say they have beaten him? Are you serious? Hopkins, Wright & Spinks have all beat him. Officially he's got the victory, but in his last 5 fights hes gotten 2 spilts decisions, and a draw. The only fighter that hes beat is Ouma, and as the Middleweight champion his preformances have been pathetic at best.
While I agree with most of your threads this one I cant, while his last 4 fights were close they certainly werent losses. It really depends on how you score fights since all 4 went the judges, I feel Taylor was the aggressor in all of them so obviously judges take that into consideration. Taylors what like 27 and has already established a pretty good resume and its only building, beating Hopkins is no easy task close decision or not.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 11:51 PM   #18
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
Hit Hopkins more than Hopkins hit him. Wasn't till later on when Hopkins caught up to Taylor and passed him in punch stats. Around the 10th round Hopkins had a big round outlanding him.
Hopkins punches were harder eventhough he threw less than Taylor in the the whole fight. I dont give Taylor points for missing and landing on Hopkins arms. Sorry. Quality over quantity.
the_what is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 11:52 PM   #19
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by box03
Maybe not now but possibly a future ATG.
Goddamnit.

Do you tools even realise that he's past his prime and slipping fast?

This is why I went from a respectful poster, to one that just doesn't care for the most part, idiocy, useless, ahhhh.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 11:53 PM   #20
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_what
Hopkins punches were harder eventhough he threw less than Taylor in the first 8 rounds. I dont give Taylor points for missing and landing on Hopkins arms. Sorry. Quality over quantity.
Then thats they way you view it. I don't think his punches were hard at all actually and I don't give a fighter credit for staring at the other fighter while he comes forward and throws.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 11:54 PM   #21
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Because he didn't lose the first 6 . WTF did Taylor do to sweep the first 7 besides miss every punch he threw and get hit with the occasional counter ???
Hopkins lost the first fight 7 rounds to 5 it was fairly easy for me to judge, and I wanted Hopkins to win.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 11:57 PM   #22
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
How the hell is Winky an ATG?

Let's not confuse P4P with 'ATG'. Please.

In most boxing experts minds, he rates higher than the guy in your avatar. And he's not afraid to travel on foreign soil to compete unlike Calazaghe.
lillarry is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #23
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
While I agree with most of your threads this one I cant, while his last 4 fights were close they certainly werent losses. It really depends on how you score fights since all 4 went the judges, I feel Taylor was the aggressor in all of them so obviously judges take that into consideration. Taylors what like 27 and has already established a pretty good resume and its only building, beating Hopkins is no easy task close decision or not.
Thats cool, i mean i guess it does come down to how you score fights, cause he just doesnt convince me that hes ever winning a fight.
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #24
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Goddamnit.

Do you tools even realise that he's past his prime and slipping fast?

This is why I went from a respectful poster, to one that just doesn't care for the most part, idiocy, useless, ahhhh.
He could still fight name opponents and win, who says he cant hopkins has been doing it for the last 4 or so years. But Im sure Calazaghe is going to be ATG with his weak resume, theres someone who needs more significant wins before his career is over.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 12:01 AM   #25
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinko
Heh, they definitely were very close decisions. As time has gone by, and the hate for Jermain has grown, suddenly all three of these fights were robberies!! ESB is chalk full of revisionists who rewrite history the way they wish it happened, and not the way it actually happened!
Can't speak for anyone else, but I have been saying these were bogus decisions since Day One. Taylor would never have even "won" a title if it hadn't been for the power of HBO, and Hopkins' unpopularity with the boxing establishment. That he has "retained" it with further questionable calls only provides greater support for what many of us thought the night they stole Hopkins' title.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 12:03 AM   #26
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
He could still fight name opponents and win, who says he cant hopkins has been doing it for the last 4 or so years. But Im sure Calazaghe is going to be ATG with his weak resume, theres someone who needs more significant wins before his career is over.
Here is a funny fact for all non-Calzaghe fans coming from me.

Calzaghe is not an ATG at this point.

Cool? And I never said he was, however, if you want to compare Wright's resume to Joe's, we can.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:04 AM   #27
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
He still landed the better punches . The whole fight , Not just the last 4 rounds . Taylor looked like a beat up idiot at the end of the fight . Good judgement ?
That he did, but that was at the END of the fight when Hopkins was landing at will.

I mean Wright looked more beat up at the end of the Taylor fight, and no one cares.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 12:04 AM   #28
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillarry
In most boxing experts minds, he rates higher than the guy in your avatar. And he's not afraid to travel on foreign soil to compete unlike Calazaghe.
He rates no higher than Calzaghe, they could be compared evenly.

Neither are of the two can be rightfully considered ATG's. Ever since the Tito shutout, which was a mismatch at that point to begin with, Winky has been considered to be more of a fighter than he really is.

It's also a good point to bring up that you two are the only ones mentioning Calzaghe in this thread, nice retorts....
Old 09-10-2007, 12:07 AM   #29
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
Can't speak for anyone else, but I have been saying these were bogus decisions since Day One. Taylor would never have even "won" a title if it hadn't been for the power of HBO, and Hopkins' unpopularity with the boxing establishment. That he has "retained" it with further questionable calls only provides greater support for what many of us thought the night they stole Hopkins' title.
As someone who scored the first fight for Taylor, there is no way it was a defnitive victory for Hopkins. He seriously hurt himself in those early rounds.
Just for the sake of argument, watch the fight and tell me if Lederman's card is totally off the mark. I think he was pretty bang on. It didn't reek of bias, it was an example of a closely judged fight that could have gone either way. I'm not asking you to agree with his card, but I can't say there is any particular round where he scored in Jermain's favour when it was clearly a Hopkins round.

As for the whole HBO conspiracy thing, anything is possible, but short of having any real proof your suspicions are nothing more than that.
Boinko is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2007, 02:02 AM   #30
dragosuhail
Contender
ESB Senior Member

why do people dislike taylor?

i think it boils down to this:

taylor simply doesn't think like a champion. has champion level physical abilities etc. but just seems to lack that extra something. desire, ruthlessness, whatever you want to call it, he lacks it. and talking non stop about being in it for the money only doesn't help any.

look at my fave fighter wladimir. he has lost a few fights in embarrassing fashion, but why do i like him aside from his freakish physical talents, and ability at icing heavies with ease?

because of his desire. i saw his confidence go up and down over the years, but there was always that desire to seek and kill. despite his mental lapses, he WANTS to perform to his max potential. sames goes for many other fighters i could name, such as trinidad,
gatti/ward, frazier and so on.
dragosuhail is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum