Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 09-11-2007, 12:44 AM   #1
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Jeff Fenech vs Manny Pac- Prime 4 Prime, Who Takes It?

Is it the whirlwind offense and high punch output of Fenech, or the power and tenacity of Pac?
MSTR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2007, 12:55 AM   #2
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Jeff Fenech vs Manny Pac- Prime 4 Prime, Who Takes It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc#1
seriously i thought you knew a bit about boxing this is the worst question i've seen on here you no pac would have him outta there in 4 or 5 rounds especially the way no skill fenech fights straight foward pressure he would get put to sleep
Still upset about choc hey bitchboy
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 12:57 AM   #3
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Tough fight to judge IMO.
Would have been a great all action brawl that is no doubt.
Fenech in his prime would have a good as anybody chance of beating the current version Pacman.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 01:04 AM   #4
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

nah mate he will be back just in time to fight kessler after he knocks calzaghe out. bitchboy YEAH thats a good one you really got me there.
well i hope your right buddy, i dont wanna see Mundine retire before he either wins a real title or gets KTFO
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 01:11 AM   #5
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Tough fight to judge IMO.
Would have been a great all action brawl that is no doubt.
Fenech in his prime would have a good as anybody chance of beating the current version Pacman.
gets stopped on cuts by the 9th - i think Fenech would have too much forward momentum even for Pac and would get the TKO
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 01:28 AM   #6
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
seriously i thought you knew a bit about boxing this is the worst question i've seen on here you no pac would have him outta there in 4 or 5 rounds especially the way no skill fenech fights straight foward pressure he would get put to sleep
This is Jeff Fenech the HOF, the guy who won world titles in 3 weight classes (should have been 4). A guy who at the tail end of his career gave a HOF like Nelson a life and death struggle that he should have won. Who beat guys like Zaragoza (HOF), Steve McCrory (gold medalist trained by Steward) and Navarro. You are seriously under estimating him as a fighter. Go to any of the other forums and ask the same question and see if anyone else thinks it is a silly quesiton. At the moment the only person who looks silly is you.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 02:03 AM   #7
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
so who wins then? i reakon pac does he is num #2 p4p was fenech ever a p4per
I didn't read ring magazine back then, but I think he most certainly would have been. Before he was beaten by Azumah Nelson in the second fight, who is a great fighter and HOF, the ring mag in 1992 recognized it as the Upset of the Year, indicating the Fenech was VERY highly regarded. Considering he was undefeated and had already claimed titles in 3 divisons at this stage, and in the eyes of boxing experts had been robbed by Nelson in the first, I have no doubt he was rated very highly on the p4p scales. What you need to do is analysise the styles in this one. Fenech had an IRON jaw, and at his natural weight would have been very hard to KO.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 03:50 AM   #8
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
fenech ever a p4per
Damn right he was.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 07:23 AM   #9
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

I think Fenech could do it, it would be a war but Fenech was a smarter fighter.
He would take Manny apart from the inside, Manny still is pretty much a one trick pony though that one trick is amazing.

If you can take his power, stiffle his aggression and keep up with his pace you certainly have a chance against Manny, and Fenech could do all of those things.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #10
nrgetic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Jeff Fenech got me interested in boxing, that is where my interest in Jeff Fenech ends
nrgetic is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #11
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I didn't read ring magazine back then, but I think he most certainly would have been. Before he was beaten by Azumah Nelson in the second fight, who is a great fighter and HOF, the ring mag in 1992 recognized it as the Upset of the Year, indicating the Fenech was VERY highly regarded. Considering he was undefeated and had already claimed titles in 3 divisons at this stage, and in the eyes of boxing experts had been robbed by Nelson in the first, I have no doubt he was rated very highly on the p4p scales. What you need to do is analysise the styles in this one. Fenech had an IRON jaw, and at his natural weight would have been very hard to KO.
Yeh it was upset id say due to the competitivness of the 1st fight and the way Azumah was able to take out fenech in the rematch here.
IMO id say Fenech would win due to the fact he would have been able to pressure and push Pacman back.
Pacman does not like going back and Fenech will rough him up and make it a dirty fight.
Like^^^mentioned Fenech hadnt lost til the Nelson rematch while Pacman has been outboxed before.
But styles make fights and id say Fenech would take it.
But in a series of fights i see both winning some.
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #12
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Fenech tears him apart, too strong and too mean. He'd ragdoll Pac
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 06:32 PM   #13
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
I think Fenech could do it, it would be a war but Fenech was a smarter fighter.
He would take Manny apart from the inside, Manny still is pretty much a one trick pony though that one trick is amazing.

If you can take his power, stiffle his aggression and keep up with his pace you certainly have a chance against Manny, and Fenech could do all of those things.
Good post. I think that Manny will have trouble against a fighter who can as you said "stiffle" his aggression. In other words, he needs room for his power to be effective, and against Fenech I just can't see him being able to throw that straight left as often as he likes. Still, you can never underestimate the power and especially the speed of Pac. I would LOVE to see this fight, it would be a great contrast of styles. Fenech would need every dirty trick in the book to pull this one out.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 09:44 PM   #14
stuistylee
j.c.chavez superstar
ESB Senior Member

Location: "always take the arrows in the forhead, never in the back"
vCash: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
he got as high as 3 and held a couple of diffrent spots in the top10 p4p as recall...wld hav2 dig ol mags up 2 b sure...
stuistylee is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #15
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

i think the question is misleading to begin with. pac's prime is at 130 which was not fenech's prime.

as i have stated before, fenech probably beats pac's version at 122, it will be a toss up against pac at 126, and pac wins at 130

it's tough to picture a match up as prime for prime and without taking weight into consideration. so i won't pic a winner if no weight is chosed.
theunderdog is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum