Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-04-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
Dantes
ESB Magnate
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Just rewatched UFC 87...

A few things:

1. GSP is a ****ing g. He completely dominated Fitch from bell to bell. Fitch is a really durable dude-props to him for enduring GSP's wrath for the full five.

2. Props to Lesnar. The more I see of him, the more I'm convinced he's a great fighter. (However I still think Fedor's got his number).

3. Roger Huerta is a tough S.O.B. He even took a cavalier attitude against Florian FFS! And he fought tooth and nail till the end. RESPECT.
Dantes is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550
Default Re: Just rewatched UFC 87...

All true. Lesnar is "good" in term of efficiency nothing else. He's the new generation of "dominant wrestlers", the likes of Hughes or Ortiz were older versions of Lesnar. Lesnar is like T-1000.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Did you see the McDonald vs Maia fight ? Beautiful grappling match.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Dantes
ESB Magnate
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
Did you see the McDonald vs Maia fight ? Beautiful grappling match.
Yep. McDonald's a solid fighter all round. He's got a powerful upper body frame for striking, and quite skinny legs (which would help him make weight) which are quite long and gives him a good advantage on the ground for control and subs.

I was impressed with Huerta's heart- before the fight when he said "Seriously man... I'm never going to lose". I thought he was a bit unrealistic going up against Florian.. but even to the end he was coming forward like a madman
Dantes is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
Yep. McDonald's a solid fighter all round. He's got a powerful upper body frame for striking, and quite skinny legs (which would help him make weight) which are quite long and gives him a good advantage on the ground for control and subs.

I was impressed with Huerta's heart- before the fight when he said "Seriously man... I'm never going to lose". I thought he was a bit unrealistic going up against Florian.. but even to the end he was coming forward like a madman
Yup Huerta is a badass and that whole fight was. It wasnt the total barnburner I expected it to be and im not sure why I did because KenFlo is such a techniqual fighter. Great MMA battle though ill probablly watch it later since I have the DVD and im starting to get really psyched for this fight probablly the most exicted ive been since BJ fought GSP. I really think Kenny can pull this win off and will if BJ underestimates him in the slightest.
jimmie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum