Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs

Old 11-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #16
Jerry
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jerry's training log.

What I ate today:

Meal 1 chili w/*******s 1000 cal

Meal 2 sandwich 400 cal
2 cookies 300 cal
6oz sweet tea 100 cal

Meal 3
Turkey burger 300 cal
muffin 100 cal
yogurt 100 cal

total=1900 calories.

Daily goal is to land somewhere between 2500 and 3000. I wont stress over being lower than 2500 on days I don't workout though. If anyone other than me reads this, fyi counting calories is the only dieting method that ever worked for me. It gives me a feel for how much of something is too much, since I apparently lack that ability on my own

Also I've been training and fighting, I'm able to run 2.4 miles or more. Haven't tried stepping it up lately, been doing mitt work in the gym, bag work, etc.
Jerry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #17
Jerry
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Today:
First meal- Broiled pork loin, potatoes+carrots. 1000 calories.
Second meal- Sandwich 300 calories.
Third meal-Chicken+bbq. 1000 calories.
Snacks: 6oz Sweet teax2 200 calories.

Total: 2500 calories.
Will most likely grab a 100 calorie yogurt and a slice of sandwich meat before bed.

Final total most likely: 2660 calories.
Jerry is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2009, 01:16 AM   #18
boxingtactics07
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

where's the fruit and vegetables ? Throw any vegetables in with beef broth and any fruit in a blender with fruit juice and they are easy/tasty ways to get some of the necessary nutrients and minerals that your body is in need for.
boxingtactics07 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2009, 05:37 AM   #19
Jerry
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingtactics07 View Post
where's the fruit and vegetables ? Throw any vegetables in with beef broth and any fruit in a blender with fruit juice and they are easy/tasty ways to get some of the necessary nutrients and minerals that your body is in need for.
I take vitamins! I know its not the same lol..I've just always been a carnivore. I try to substitute milk with soymilk, and take soy protein instead of whey to counter the saturated fats a bit.
Jerry is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #20
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Keep working strong man, I hope to see you turn into a fine fighter in times to come.

One thing I can recommend a look into is running more. Sure the calories burnt isn't that amazing on paper, but what is not common knowledge is the effects on our metabolism(mine greatly).

Running also hardens up your body and mind I have learnt. BTW i have lost a lot of weight over the past few weeks due to running with a relatively unchanged diet. Something to consider Jerry.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2009, 05:07 AM   #21
Jerry
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Bleh I had an off day today. Broke my diet. Figured I would post the bad here with the good to remind myself when I ****ed up. At least I'm heading to the gym today for heavy cardio/mitt work. That makes me feel not so stupid.
Jerry is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2009, 09:47 AM   #22
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Read the sticky nutrition thread for tips on improving your diet, it's quite shitty. I also question your decision to run, but that's up to you. You're still very heavy, your knees may start complaining at some point. Risk of shin splints is also very high. You may want to consider getting a decent bicycle, or swimming instead.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #23
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
I take vitamins! I know its not the same lol..I've just always been a carnivore.
It's that lifestyle that made you 350 pounds, remember

Quote:
I try to substitute milk with soymilk, and take soy protein instead of whey to counter the saturated fats a bit.
No need to. There is nothing wrong with saturated fat, what your diet needs is micronutrients. If you can get unpasteurized milk that would be an improvement over normal milk.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #24
Jerry
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
It's that lifestyle that made you 350 pounds, remember
I think its the amount of what I eat rather than what I eat that made me 350 pounds. I'm not saying I shouldn't vary my diet a bit more, but lets not blame meat itself for my condition!

I actually like running, I'm up to 4 miles now. I used to run a lot and I've always been over 300 pounds my entire adult life. I wish I had a swimming pool somewhere I could use! Gyms with pools are too damn expensive. Even the Y. My current gym is the city's boxing center, they no longer teach boxing but they keep the gym open and you can use it for $50 a year. Really small gym though, I mainly just go for the bag work.

I'm thinking I may go to replacing breakfast with a protein shake..when I was working I was blending vegetables into the shakes. I found that you couldn't taste most of them..if I added like 4 stalks of broccoli and 1 half a banana all I tasted was banana. Breakfast is the biggest meal for me to overeat at..I'm groggy and I'm like "**** it" or I just completely forget that I'm watching what I eat.

Any suggestions for stuff to put in this shake? Note: I have a pretty good blender..can blend about anything into a near liquid state. I know to keep fruits to a minimum because of the high calorie content.

Also, I thought saturated fats where the fats to avoid? Aren't those the artery clogging ones with the triglycerides and all?
Jerry is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #25
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I think its the amount of what I eat rather than what I eat that made me 350 pounds. I'm not saying I shouldn't vary my diet a bit more, but lets not blame meat itself for my condition!
True, I'd say it's a combination of what you eat and the amount. It's hard to overeat on spinach for example. I was referring to you clinging to what you used to do, at least that's how it sounded to me.

Quote:
I'm thinking I may go to replacing breakfast with a protein shake..when I was working I was blending vegetables into the shakes. I found that you couldn't taste most of them..if I added like 4 stalks of broccoli and 1 half a banana all I tasted was banana. Breakfast is the biggest meal for me to overeat at..I'm groggy and I'm like "**** it" or I just completely forget that I'm watching what I eat.
Breakfast is the meal you can load up on, so don't worry about it too much.

Quote:
Any suggestions for stuff to put in this shake? Note: I have a pretty good blender..can blend about anything into a near liquid state. I know to keep fruits to a minimum because of the high calorie content.
What? If anything you should eat much more fruit. It's not high in calories at all, and provides you with a lot of nutrients. The majority of your carbohydrate intake should come from fruits and vegetables, especially on a weight loss diet. You avoid fruits because of their calories, but you eat pig loin and 1000 kcal worth of "chicken bbq".

Quote:
Also, I thought saturated fats where the fats to avoid? Aren't those the artery clogging ones with the triglycerides and all?
Nope. The entire fat scare is based on quack science from the sixties. It's completely wrong, fats are an essential part of a healthy diet.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #26
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #27
dfh85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

what is pig loin and chicken bbq?

keep it up anyway jerry, just tweak ur diet a bit and ull see better results!
dfh85 is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2009, 02:25 AM   #28
Jerry
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Nope. The entire fat scare is based on quack science from the sixties. It's completely wrong, fats are an essential part of a healthy diet.
Have any literature on this? I'm interested. I've always known you needed some fats, I was just of the opinion that they were so common that cutting them where you could was a good idea. Basically if you've read a study refuting what would now be conventional wisdom about fats I'd like to read it too.

For instance I was very happy to read the one that refuted the idea that soy raised estrogen levels in men.
Jerry is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2009, 05:31 AM   #29
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Have any literature on this? I'm interested. I've always known you needed some fats, I was just of the opinion that they were so common that cutting them where you could was a good idea. Basically if you've read a study refuting what would now be conventional wisdom about fats I'd like to read it too.

For instance I was very happy to read the one that refuted the idea that soy raised estrogen levels in men.

It's not yet conventional, many old timers are still protesting. Doctors still tell you eggs are bad for cholesterol despite the fact that it's 100% bullshit, and it just proves they don't understand what cholesterol does.

Having said that, on a weight loss diet the amount of fat you eat should be relatively low, as fats are very calorie dense.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #30
Jerry
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

It's not yet conventional, many old timers are still protesting. Doctors still tell you eggs are bad for cholesterol despite the fact that it's 100% bullshit, and it just proves they don't understand what cholesterol does.

Having said that, on a weight loss diet the amount of fat you eat should be relatively low, as fats are very calorie dense.
I do recall an article in Men's Fitness about the egg thing being old-school BS.

So what exactly does clog your arteries? Should I quit taking my fish oil?
Jerry is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs