Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 08:35 AM   #1
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 1000
Default Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Watch this new Flyweight Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing. Only 2 wins, 2 1st rd KOs. This guy is quick & have a full arsenal of Punches already. His quickness & velocity of his left Punch reminds me of a young Pac but this guy got a lethal right hook already.

I've been watching Telefutura fight since 2004 & very few times I can find a Good & exciting Prospect there. This past few years Philippine boxing are producing very good & exciting Prospects, Notably Bautista, Banal, Concepcion, Glenn Gonzales & now this guy Taconing. Watchout for this guy he's something special.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #2
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
KayEpps
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delaware
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 356
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

I need to see a couple more of his upcoming fights before making the call of a Good Prospect. He never really hurt the guy he was fighting - but I guess the Ref. decided that 3 knock downs in the first round was enough. The guy got right back up after every knock down. After a couple more fights - and we see how he does after getting pass round 1 - then I'll make my judgement.
KayEpps is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 09:37 AM   #4
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEpps
I need to see a couple more of his upcoming fights before making the call of a Good Prospect. He never really hurt the guy he was fighting - but I guess the Ref. decided that 3 knock downs in the first round was enough. The guy got right back up after every knock down. After a couple more fights - and we see how he does after getting pass round 1 - then I'll make my judgement.
This is just his 2nd fight but he's shown a lot already in one rd. His style almost the same as Concepcion.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

I'm not impressed.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #6
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
I'm not impressed.
How about give me a video of a prospect that you are impressed of with just 2 fights in his resume???

Valero is already a Title Holder & 22-0 record but this guy shows more skills than Valero.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #7
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: S.F Bay Area by way of Bytom Polska
Posts: 9,893
vCash: 197
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
How about give me a video of a prospect that you are impressed of with just 2 fights in his resume???

Valero is already a Title Holder & 22-0 record but this guy shows more skills than Valero.
Proksa....


BORKED
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 12:38 PM   #8
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,742
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
How about give me a video of a prospect that you are impressed of with just 2 fights in his resume???

Valero is already a Title Holder & 22-0 record but this guy shows more skills than Valero.
LOL...The kid doesn't show more skill than Valero Pac....he shows that he has ALOT of improvments to make but he looks promising. he shows he's relentless although very open to counter hooks and straight lefts or rights. And he show's that he has a good arsenal of punches.

But he throws very wide, he's pretty straight up when he fights and he doesn't use any angles to open up opportunities that are there. He doesn't utilize his Jab to set up his bombs and he leads with his head.

Like I said...it's only his second pro fight....you can't judge him and make such a sizeable claim that he has more skill than the current WBA champion Valero.

He can get better but he's not anywhere near the level of PAC or Valero at this point.
charlievint is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 12:47 PM   #9
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: JC SUPERSTAR TKO12 TAYLOR
Posts: 18,046
vCash: 75
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Watch this new Flyweight Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing. Only 2 wins, 2 1st rd KOs. This guy is quick & have a full arsenal of Punches already. His quickness & velocity of his left Punch reminds me of a young Pac but this guy got a lethal right hook already.

I've been watching Telefutura fight since 2004 & very few times I can find a Good & exciting Prospect there. This past few years Philippine boxing are producing very good & exciting Prospects, Notably Bautista, Banal, Concepcion, Glenn Gonzales & now this guy Taconing. Watchout for this guy he's something special.

in other words...mexico and puerto rico sucks
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #10
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,742
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
I don't know about Puerto Rico but Mexico shits all over the Philipines in boxing.

Mexico > pI always have and always will.
Mexico has a deeper history with boxing than the Philipines do. But we are seeing a lot of great talent coming out of the Philipines and giving Mexican fighters great competition....In the World cup there were great and even matches from both countries and the Philipines came out on top this time round. I'm sure there are MORE talented and skilled fighters out of Mexico but the Philipines are coming on strong and shouldn't be discarded so quickly as inferior.
charlievint is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #11
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,742
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
That's true. PI Boxing is coming up and I have much love for darchinyan killer Nonito Donaire.

Jonathan Taconing seems decent but I think Giovanni Segura would beat him.
Gotta check Giovanni out! Any youtube footage on him?
charlievint is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 02:15 PM   #12
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: S.F Bay Area by way of Bytom Polska
Posts: 9,893
vCash: 197
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPower
that guy in the red looks like your typical MMA/UFC fighter.
He was Championship matterial before Proksa got to him

It was only his second fight so you cant expect the best level of competition.Despite that Proksa makes all fighters look lost and amateurish...[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #13
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

Proska is at the top of my prospect list, I just hope he has a chin to back up his other abilities.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #14
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: S.F Bay Area by way of Bytom Polska
Posts: 9,893
vCash: 197
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Proska is at the top of my prospect list, I just hope he has a chin to back up his other abilities.
No room on the bandwagon.

I kicked everybody off.

So far so good with his chin.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #15
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler
No room on the bandwagon.

I kicked everybody off.

So far so good with his chin.
Ah, but I've been following him since one of you Polish fans showed me early last year. He looks promising, more so than most touted prospects, such as jokes like Andre Berto.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013