C. M. Clay II
Manassah's finest!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jimmy Young vs. Jersey Joe Walcott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
Both at their best, who wins and why?
Young ko 2 Walcott. Walcott has a glass chin, and Young was able to knockdown the granite chinned George Foreman, so he'll literally kill Walcott. He will out box him with his slick style, and Walcott would be out of his element. This is a mis match at it's finest! Walcott would not last two rounds.
C. M. Clay II is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Minotauro
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Walcott would win he is quicker harder to hit and hits a lot harder and Jersey Joe does not have a glass jaw, just because you get ko'd by Marciano and Louis two of the hardest p4p hitters does not mean you have a poor chin. And Foreman went down due to exhaustion rather then Young power. I say Walcott via UD 9-5-1 or something along those lines. Two think that this would be a total mismatch and Jersey Joe gets ko'd in two rounds is ridiculous. Dam Walcott is underrated, this is the same guy Joe Louis was convinced would be able to beat Ali (not saying he would but that is how good he was that someone like Louis would say that.)
Minotauro is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotauro
Walcott would win he is quicker harder to hit and hits a lot harder and Jersey Joe does not have a glass jaw, just because you get ko'd by Marciano and Louis two of the hardest p4p hitters does not mean you have a poor chin. And Foreman went down due to exhaustion rather then Young power. I say Walcott via UD 9-5-1 or something along those lines. Two think that this would be a total mismatch and Jersey Joe gets ko'd in two rounds is ridiculous. Dam Walcott is underrated, this is the same guy Joe Louis was convinced would be able to beat Ali (not saying he would but that is how good he was that someone like Louis would say that.)

Donīt take Clay II serious, heīs a total joke. Heīs think heīs funny, but heīs only pitiable, he donīt know the difference of these adjectives...

btw, good post and good prediction!
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
C. M. Clay II
Manassah's finest!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Don´t take Clay II serious, he´s a total joke. He´s think he´s funny, but he´s only pitiable, he don´t know the difference of these adjectives...

btw, good post and good prediction!
Ahahahaha! You fell for the bait again!

Last edited by C. M. Clay II; 09-11-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #6
C. M. Clay II
Manassah's finest!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbs' manboobs
Ha ha, you fried chicken and watermelon eater. Luigi slayed you again!
Hey, what's wrong with chicken and watermelon?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #7
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. M. Clay II
Ahahahaha! You gullible spaghetti eater! You fell for the bait again!

My god, are you stupid. Why do you think didn´t I respond to your 1st post? Because I knew you only wanted to provocate me...

And don´t counter with racist things, I also don´t call you monkey for example...
Old 09-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
C. M. Clay II
Manassah's finest!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
My god, are you stupid. Why do you think didn´t I respond to your 1st post? Because I knew you only wanted to provocate me...

And don´t counter with racist things, I also don´t call you monkey for example...
Actually, Italian is not a race, it's a nationality so technically I would be a "nationist", or something to that effect. But anyway, you're right, sorry. I'll edit the post.

Last edited by C. M. Clay II; 09-11-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #9
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Actually, Italian is not a racist, it's a nationality so technically I would be a "nationist", or something to that effect. But anyway, you're right, sorry. I'll edit the post.

Everyone defined racism different, for me when you call an Italian a "spaghetti- eater", itīs a racist assault to a race (Italians), I also donīt say "fat fast food- eater" to an American, because for me it would be under the waistline...

But IMO you show that youīre a man, because you confessed a mistake...
Old 09-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #10
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

Fast Food is the life in America lol.
I am America of couse. Evey week or so I pick up a pizza.

Oh yeah and Walcott wins tko 7.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #11
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempsey1238
Fast Food is the life in America lol.
I am America of couse. Evey week or so I pick up a pizza.

Oh yeah and Walcott wins tko 7.

Yeah, I know it, and I love fast food too. But I used it only as an example...
Old 09-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #12
Street Lethal
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I wouldn't know because I would not be awake when the decision was announced.
Street Lethal is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #13
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

I think this would be a case of two great boxers putting on one of the worst fights of all time. I think Walcott was just a little bit craftier and flashier, and in the event of fair judging would get a close decision.

Given careful editing, there could be as many as 3 rounds of worthwhile action in this entire fight... IF it goes 20 rounds.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #14
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Young ko 2 Walcott. Walcott has a glass chin, and Young was able to knockdown the granite chinned George Foreman, so he'll literally kill Walcott. He will out box him with his slick style, and Walcott would be out of his element. This is a mis match at it's finest! Walcott would not last two rounds.
Let me get this straight, Ezzard Charles, who could punch (what would Archie Moore say?) couldn't ko Walcott in 4 15 round fights, but feather fisted Jimmy Young, who, by the way, was one of my favorite fighters, would DESTROY Walcott in 2 rounds? It required the best punches of Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano to ko him after he extended them to the max and by the way, no one with a glass jaw could go 15 rounds with Joe Louis or 13 rounds with Rocky Marciano. Walcott was eventually caught by these two greats, but that emphatically does not mean Jersey Joe had a glass jaw. Walcott wouldn't have been an easy match at all for Young, in that Walcott was a sly, shifty boxer, with unorhodox, jerky moves and an explosive range of counter punches, and far more clever and resourceful than the ponderous Foreman and Lyle. He hit harder than Ali, and would be pulling his own patented walkaway style and shoulder feints, setting up that deadly sneak left hook. As much as I appreciated Youngs style and liked him and rooted for him, I'm not sure he would beat Walcott, but a decision for Young would not be out of the question, but you sound like you are very new to boxing by saying that Young would DESTROY Walcott and in 2 rounds to boot. First of all, Young didn't destroy ANYONE, and the example you gave of his knockdown over Geotge Foreman isn't a good one or very valid. George had stamina issues back then, and in hot, humid San Juan, Puerto Rico he was well spent in that 12th round, and went down more from exhaustion than from the force of any punch, much like his ko loss to Ali in Zaire a couple of years earlier. George as a matter of fact, has proven in his latter day incarnation that his stamina being no longer an issue, that he has, if anything, an iron jaw, taking the best anyone could dish out. Read up more about the fighters that interest you and heed the many very knowledgable boxing "heads" that inhabit and contribute to the Forums and you'll wise up fast.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #15
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan
I think this would be a case of two great boxers putting on one of the worst fights of all time. I think Walcott was just a little bit craftier and flashier, and in the event of fair judging would get a close decision.

Given careful editing, there could be as many as 3 rounds of worthwhile action in this entire fight... IF it goes 20 rounds.
Walcott-Young would have been agony for you or anyone else who tends to like an all action, rock 'em sock 'em type of fight, which every boxing fan should like, including me, but on the other hand the type of contests that feature two boxer/stylist/technicians who are masters at defense and counterpunching can be like a physical chess match and there are devotees of that kind of boxing too (myself included).
red cobra is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum