Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 07-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
WildStyle
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Twins vs. Fairtex vs. Boon vs. Winning

I just bought a new pair of Fighting Sports bag gloves and I don't like 'em. Too cumbersome with the built-in palm insert and there's just too much padding on the palm of the glove and this does not allow for a natural fist closure. I'm wondering if any of the Thai made gloves might be more up my alley. I've never used any of 'em so I'm really seeking some advice from those who may be familiar with them and can give me recommendations.

I really do not like gloves that have built in inserts because it damn near seems impossible to get a proper fist closure. And too much material on the palm of the glove causes the same problems. Not being able to make a proper fist can cause all kinds of problems and it's simply uncomfortable. The reason for this is because I feel like I almost have to 'fight' against the material to make a closed fist and it tires out my hands and is just plain ol' uncomfortable. I need to be able to relax my hands in the gloves without feeling all bunched up.

I am looking for a bag glove, and I don't suppose it matters if it's open thumb or not. Velcro strap, too, as I don't want to mess with lace ups. A glove that has good air circulation would be a plus. I'm not looking to spend an arm and a leg on gloves, as I never had in the past and simply do not need to as I'm just doing bag work.

Also, my fist is 10 inches and I have 7 inch wrists. I'm small boned.

Thanks for any help.
WildStyle is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing