Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 03-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #136
cool-cat
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 625
Default Re: Nutrition for boxing

Quote:
hey guys, I'm from the Philippines and I'm trying to lose weight. My question is since rice is a staple in our diet (I eat about 4 cups a day), can I keep it or do I have to replace it with bread or such? Im doing boxing to lose weight and I felt weak when I tried replacing rice with bread or such, but maybe after some time I'll get used to it. Thoughts? Sorry if its a dumb question but I've only recently started to mind my diet so I really am clueless about this.
dont try to cut out rice all together as it is a staple part of your diet try to cut down on portion size's and if you do want to take rice try different sources of carbs like pasta wholmeal bread etc
cool-cat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2010, 03:45 AM   #137
Stickandmove
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper13 View Post
hey guys, I'm from the Philippines and I'm trying to lose weight. My question is since rice is a staple in our diet (I eat about 4 cups a day), can I keep it or do I have to replace it with bread or such? Im doing boxing to lose weight and I felt weak when I tried replacing rice with bread or such, but maybe after some time I'll get used to it. Thoughts? Sorry if its a dumb question but I've only recently started to mind my diet so I really am clueless about this.
Nutritionists might recommend brown rice instead of white rice...
Stickandmove is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 03:15 PM   #138
Terror
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

How do I tell my family that I'm eating my own food at family gatherings without being a dick?
Terror is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #139
stew

vCash: 500

I've decided to return to my old form when I was training consistently as an amateur boxer. However, during my long period of downtime I've developed a taste for a daily Americano. I do try to stick to just a single shot, with some soy milk to top it off. But since I do drink these fairly regularly (5-6) times a week, I was just curious whether I'm being nutritionally sound or not (I am a vegatarian who eats well, but am going to follow the nutritional guide fairly closely).

I am also trying to lose quite a bit of added weight. So the question is, should I cut them out completely, or as long I'm working out daily and eating healthy can I afford myself the luxury? I'm clueless as to how bad espresso can be on you (and losing weight).
stew is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #140
#1Rounder
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

What is your opinion about the frozen meals.. Like Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice...

Would it be ok to make those a daily diet... It says they contain about 260 calories.. And they portions are small, which is what I struggle with...

Any pros or cons would be appreciated..
#1Rounder is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #141
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Rounder View Post
What is your opinion about the frozen meals.. Like Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice...

Would it be ok to make those a daily diet... It says they contain about 260 calories.. And they portions are small, which is what I struggle with...

Any pros or cons would be appreciated..
They seem ok, not great but ok so for one of your daily meals it would be fine. I don't see how you could struggle with making your own home cooked portions smaller though, but that's just me probably

A con is that they are no doubt ridiculously overpriced. I also do not like the "low fat" philosophy it brings, but other meals can fix that.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 08:28 AM   #142
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror View Post
How do I tell my family that I'm eating my own food at family gatherings without being a dick?
If you're gathering daily I'd just tell them that you need to make weight for a fight, or you want to lose weight for your athletic endeavours. If they give you shit about that they're the dicks, not you.

If your family gatherings are less frequent there is no need to bring your own food, just consider it a "cheat day", you need those as well.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #143
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

im getting sick and tired of doctors giving bullshit advice on nutrition and exercise.

one doctor told my brother he needs to eat less eggs and prawns because they are full of cholesterol

another doctor told my sister she needs to build some lean muscles and wrote out a training plan consisting of mother ****ing bicep curls, crunches etc.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #144
#1Rounder
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
They seem ok, not great but ok so for one of your daily meals it would be fine. I don't see how you could struggle with making your own home cooked portions smaller though, but that's just me probably

A con is that they are no doubt ridiculously overpriced. I also do not like the "low fat" philosophy it brings, but other meals can fix that.

Thanks RDJ... I struggle with my portions.. I never feel like I'm full... So I help myself to seconds.... I'm 5'10" at 200lbs... And I want to get back to the shape I was in when I was In college... A solid 170.. I always start a diet and exercise plan but It doesn't last long.. I hope this time I can stick with it.
#1Rounder is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #145
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

What about nuts, like pistachoes? any good as a light snack?
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #146
ToxicAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylexxx View Post
the cholesterol in the yoke is not the same as "bad cholesterol" in the body.

Eat it all its good
it's very important for you guys since you need cholesterol to feel so big and macho lol. your bodies (female too) need cholesterol in order to make testosterone. there's an obvious difference though between the cholesterol in a bucket of kentucky friend chicken and a boal of oatmeal. fish like salmon, various kinds of berries and different kinds of nuts like almonds are all good for this purpose (good cholesterol) and using oils like olive & coconut to cook w/. egg is also perfectly good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks View Post
What about nuts, like pistachoes? any good as a light snack?
absolutely
ToxicAngel is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #147
ripper13
Contender
ESB Senior Member

is drinking coffee bad? a lot of people here are saying that you should substitute tea over it but i like coffee more
ripper13 is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #148
Jamie Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool-cat View Post
dont try to cut out rice all together as it is a staple part of your diet try to cut down on portion size's and if you do want to take rice try different sources of carbs like pasta wholmeal bread etc
Rice might as well be classed as junk food, it raises blood sugar too much (even brown rice) and is highly acidic. It containts anti nutrients which block the absorbtion of vital nutrients like magnesium. You would be better off switching to a grain like seed called Quinoa, its is an alkaline, gluten free and contains many more nutrients than rice and is a complete protein. Tastes better than rice in my opinion too.
Jamie Ross is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #149
Jamie Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper13 View Post
is drinking coffee bad? a lot of people here are saying that you should substitute tea over it but i like coffee more
Real organic ground coffee is loaded with antioxidants. Drink 2 cups a day for maximum benefits. Anymore and you might have side affects due to the caffeine content. The freeze dried coffee that you can buy is a load of crap.
Jamie Ross is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #150
AOTPBRAH

vCash: 6175

Has anyone here tried Cellmass? I'm thinking of buying it, just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with it?
AOTPBRAH is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing