Old 08-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #16
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

vCash: 418
Default Re: Chris Eubank vs Sumbu Kalambay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
Eubank has too much WHAT for him? I swear Eubank is so overrated.

Kalambay on the night he beat McCallum, would beat Eubank by a wide margin.

Eubank was a ***** who wanted no parts of McCallum, Nunn, Toney, and Jones.
Okay I'm probably wrong theres no need to start coming out with that load of bollocks you ****ing sad cunt. (Yeah I went there)
essexboy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2009, 05:32 AM   #17
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

this match up would up a disputed trilogy who comes out on top after the first two fights ending in a points win for either man i am not sure
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2009, 05:35 AM   #18
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Butt View Post
this match up would up a disputed trilogy who comes out on top after the first two fights ending in a points win for either man i am not sure
Just another great fight from that era we'll always be deprived of.
essexboy is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2009, 06:46 AM   #19
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Kalambay is by far the better technical boxer with superior movement and skill. Eubank made many mistakes and he'd be punnished for those. I'd expect him to outbox Eubank who would have some success with his jab and fast hands but largely he'd get outboxed.

Eubank is so strong though and never gave up, very underrated power and carried it late. Expect him to pick the pace up in the championship rounds going for the KO finnish. Kalambay probably holds on for the UD but a late Eubank KO would not suprise me 1 bit
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #20
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by es***boy View Post
Okay I'm probably wrong theres no need to start coming out with that load of bollocks you ****ing sad cunt. (Yeah I went there)
Its not bollocks. Eubank wanted no part of the top American fighters. He had no problem fighting Benn, and Watson, but those two werent considered the WORLD'S elite. The elite middles of that time were Nunn, Kalambay, McCallum, and Toney... and later Jones. Eubank never showed any interest in fighting any of them. In fact he openely admitted he wasnt found of facing Nunn, and McCallum.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #21
Rubber Warrior
Resident ESB Soothsayer
ESB Full Member

A prime Kalambay would be too mobile, too elusive and too slick.
Rubber Warrior is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #22
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
Its not bollocks. Eubank wanted no part of the top American fighters. He had no problem fighting Benn, and Watson, but those two werent considered the WORLD'S elite. The elite middles of that time were Nunn, Kalambay, McCallum, and Toney... and later Jones. Eubank never showed any interest in fighting any of them. In fact he openely admitted he wasnt found of facing Nunn, and McCallum.
I dont give a shit either way but calling Eubank a ***** is just disgraceful. You should be ashamed.
essexboy is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #23
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by es***boy View Post
I dont give a shit either way but calling Eubank a ***** is just disgraceful. You should be ashamed.
And your entire opinion being based on the equivalent of foaming at the mouth, fervent flag waving is any less tasteful?

Nationality strangly somehow makes up peoples minds when it comes to these fights. Not a coincidence considering you're the sole ****ing person giving Eubank a prayer here, and the very first to start tossing personal insults.

Chill the **** out and think past a fighters nationality and your own next time you start calling people cunts.
Russell is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #24
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
And your entire opinion being based on the equivalent of foaming at the mouth, fervent flag waving is any less tasteful?

Nationality strangly somehow makes up peoples minds when it comes to these fights. Not a coincidence considering you're the sole ****ing person giving Eubank a prayer here, and the very first to start tossing personal insults.

Chill the **** out and think past a fighters nationality and your own next time you start calling people cunts.
Who the **** are you, his mum? I appreciate your unwanted lecture but calling someone a ***** when they wouldnt dare say it to their face just enrages me, I think that would be a personal insult to him wouldnt you say? I said I was probably wrong but you just ignore that. Its got nothing to do with nationality I never mentioned that once and its pretty obvious he started slagging off Eubank just to provoke me, I mean cant you see that? I just gave him what he wanted. I've just seen more Eubank than Kalamby and made a rash choice, I usually try not to be biased over anything. And I'm not taking it back hes still a cunt as I'm concerned.

Last edited by essexboy; 08-17-2009 at 02:22 AM.
essexboy is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #25
Cobra33
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Calling Eubank a ***** isn't right.The man proved his heart in the Benn and Watson bouts.At middle I not so sure Toney beats Eubank.
Cobra33 is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #26
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra33 View Post
Calling Eubank a ***** isn't right.The man proved his heart in the Benn and Watson bouts.At middle I not so sure Toney beats Eubank.
It isn't. You can never count out a man, who was able to come up with a punch like the one he came up with in the 11th round of the second Watson fight when he was all but beaten, in any fight.

Kalambay however was a highly skilled operator who is poison to a lot of fighters stylistically. Provided he doesn't get caught, he should be able to do to Eubank what he was able to do to many other very good fighters, outsmart him and outpoint him.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #27
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Sumbu might be a little slicker
A lot slicker.

Kalambay had every punch in the book as a counter puncher, the roll with the right hand and shoot the counter uppercut, he was a class fighter and he would of outboxed Eubank.

Eubank never faced anyone as technically good as McCallum, Kalambay or James Toney, they were on the level above him.

Eubank's attacking Boxing was terrible he used to lunge in with punches without getting his feet into postition and leave himself open and off blanance to counters, Eubank was good when he could dictate the pace of the fight and when the opponent came to him Wharton, Benn.

This is what im talking about with Eubank, he reached with punches quite a lot.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2009, 07:16 AM   #28
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Eubank did tend to reach with his punches a lot because he had a very short torso and so very high hips. He had a strange body structure!

But his reflexes in his prime were great, cat-like.

He reached with punches because he did not get his feet into position before throwing them.
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #29
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

chris Eubank was poor going forward, he was at his best when he countered opponents. Dan Sherry made him look silly. kalambay would win massively on points. Chris might do better against other fighters, he may even be better overall, but styles make fights and this is an example of that. Kalambay
riggers is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #30
Cobra33
Contender
ESB Senior Member

All of you assume Eubank would be the aggressor vs Kalambay-I think he wouldn't.
Cobra33 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum