boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #1576
ribtickler68
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Marciano is disadvantaged by his era, in terms of sports nutrition, sports science, supplements, etc etc

Give him a world class nutritionist and sports scientist. Even give him appropriate steroids and lets be honest here 1 Klitschko has been caught cheating, its unlikely only 1 brother would be at it and boxing is the easiest sport to get away with using steroids. Holyfield has being highly implicated in steroids and it helped him go up to HW and revive his career after loses to Bowe/Moorer.

Then you have a 210lb, stronger, more dynamic Marciano that is an even playing field
That's why you can't compare eras. We do it for fun on here, but it's impossible in reality.
ribtickler68 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #1577
Seamus
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 16,548
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribtickler68 View Post
That's why you can't compare eras. We do it for fun on here, but it's impossible in reality.
Marciano's skeletal frame which was truncated and dwarfish could not carry 25 additional pounds and allow him to be anywhere near as effective. Can you imagine him trying that steep bend he employed, with his bad back and 25 extra pounds? Can you imagine him being even slower in delivering his 67" of reach? He merely becomes target practice at that point.
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #1578
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A cut above my left nose
Posts: 3,213
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

So basically we're turning Rocky into David Tua in order to compete with Wlad now?
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 05-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #1579
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17,256
vCash: 1385
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Why does he need an extra 25 pounds? Its not going to give him better punch resistance.
Chaggy who was not medically fit to fight, went 7 rounds fighting stupid ,like lunging himself flush into Wlads right hands over and over.
He couldn't set a pace or control distance like Rocky could and Wlad would not be hitting him as hard. Rocks crouch will force Wlad to punch down at awkward angles lessening the power and he doesn't have the punch variation to compensate.
Unless you are one of these toolbags who say Wlad huggy bears him, reality for normal people is that a neutral ref allows for inside fighting where Rocky rips his fragile body and head apart.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #1580
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 157
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Marciano would be lucky to get outta the 2nd.

dino, just give up.
Garrus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #1581
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
So basically we're turning Rocky into David Tua in order to compete with Wlad now?
Here we go Abso trying to make Tua into GOAT. Why would we turn Rocky into a limited slugger with no ring IQ?
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #1582
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Dino makes a very good point.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #1583
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
Marciano would be lucky to get outta the 2nd.

dino, just give up.

But 50year old Mormek makes it to R4
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #1584
Seamus
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 16,548
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Waldo is going to control just about every second of this fight just as he does in all his recent fights, with distance, jab, footwork and power. It will be a clinical disrobing of an under gunned opponent that will drag on far longer than necessary and be halted after multiple knockdowns in the 8th. There will be no beauty, no poetry and above all, no drama.
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #1585
lora
Fighting Zapata
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,056
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

How far would the Rock's chances go up if he had been a smooth boxing, mobile black man?

Thread would 5 pages long at the most tbh.
lora is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #1586
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Marciano's skeletal frame which was truncated and dwarfish could not carry 25 additional pounds and allow him to be anywhere near as effective. Can you imagine him trying that steep bend he employed, with his bad back and 25 extra pounds? Can you imagine him being even slower in delivering his 67" of reach? He merely becomes target practice at that point.
Making up things up. He was 190-195 pounds in his mid/late teens and wasn't fully developed as he became to be, expected drivel from you.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #1587
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Waldo is going to control just about every second of this fight just as he does in all his recent fights, with distance, jab, footwork and power. It will be a clinical disrobing of an under gunned opponent that will drag on far longer than necessary and be halted after multiple knockdowns in the 8th. There will be no beauty, no poetry and above all, no drama.
Let me ask you this question of size.

Why can Wlado KO a 260pound Argentinian but a 215 pound Chris Byrd take such punishment for 12rounds. It's not due to size that the smaller man can take punishment but.........


Rocky,for the first time in his 49 fights lets a opponent control the fight? Because Wladimir career he's controlled every single one of his fights. I forget only this era of HWs get better when they're 32+ yo.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #1588
Seamus
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 16,548
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post
Making up things up. He was 190-195 pounds in his mid/late teens and wasn't fully developed as he became to be, expected drivel from you.
Yes, I'm a drivel machine.

Rocky also ballooned up to 215 between fights. However, his fighting weight in his prime was 185. Waldo's is around 245. Drivel again?
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #1589
Seamus
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 16,548
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post
Let me ask you this question of size.

Why can Wlado KO a 260pound Argentinian but a 215 pound Chris Byrd take such punishment for 12rounds. It's not due to size that the smaller man can take punishment but.........
Put back a few today?

He KD'd Byrd twice in their first fight and KO'd him in their second. Byrd might have won a round or two out of the 19 they fought. And Byrd was a hell of lot more slippery than Marciano.

#moredrivel
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #1590
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Yes, I'm a drivel machine.

Rocky also ballooned up to 215 between fights. However, his fighting weight in his prime was 185. Waldo's is around 245. Drivel again?
"Can you imagine him trying that steep bend he employed" Yes I can and quite easy too. You've taken his fighting weight and assumed he could not get up to that weight because of his frame? You've got nothing to support that.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015