boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #1681
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,887
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Lets face is Marciano gets destroyed hes a little roley poley dumplin, not even a heavyweight, he get's absolutely demolished.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #1682
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13,586
vCash: 1385
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Really? Out boxing him for some 30 second span you keep replaying in your mind?

That fight was a drubbing.
He made Lewis look like an amateur at times 7 years after his loss to Tyson while being way past it and a drug addict. Lewis put him down put couldn't keep him down...Its only logic an 80s Tucker outpoints him and wipes the floor with both brothers.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #1683
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 14,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
He made Lewis look like an amateur at times 7 years after his loss to Tyson while being way past it and a drug addict. Lewis put him down put couldn't keep him down...Its only logic an 80s Tucker outpoints him and wipes the floor with both brothers.
As you must know, Tucker was 6-5, long, and had one loss coming into that fight. He was never an easy night for anyone. AND no one had ever decked him, not McCall, not Tyson, not Buster Douglas. Lewis pulled the trick twice and won the bout going away.

And you are trying to deride this performance?

Again, you are in a crowd of one with this opinion.
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 05-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #1684
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
Haye is a grade "A" opponent, i've never seen such reflexes in real hw before, he has to fight like that, the days of punch for punch like your favourites are over mate. Skills>chin these days buddy. You don't know real talent.

Peter a hype job bum ha! I would like to see your little Marciano knock that guy out. The rumble of the canvas when he enters the ring would likely unfoot your precious marciano!

I don't like ripping on Tyson cause he's one of my favourites but what was his best wins? You couldn't tell me? I know who they were, and I bet you've never thought about it before but when you weigh the top wins up of respective champs.. Suddenly Wlad doesn't seem so bad does he now

Golotta would have been a decent win sure if he stayed of the pipe. Next is probably Ruddock, an overrated punch bag. A Frazier/Norton/Shavers type character for the 90's to use as a fame booster by claiming he was a good opponent even though they all beat him! pfft
This post cannot be for real ...

David Haye with all time great reflexes ? A prime Tyson would have crushed Haye as fast as he did Alex Steward or Bruce Sheldon .. I've hardly read this thread as it is absurd but the small posts I read are off the charts ..
he grant is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #1685
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
Mauler;



1. Wladimir is the better brother of the 2 anyway and helps his geriatric brother by fighting the opponents that could potentially defeat Vitali (like Haye). How you reach the conclusion Vitali helps him idk. He has wiped out the division and kept it vacuumed for longer than any single champion in history on his own merits! If Vitali retires it will simply make him lineal and undisputed champ! He gassed once against Puritty in his whole career when he was inexperienced, it looked pretty physical to me, not a question of heart at all! Marciano never had to face an opponent who could hurt him like Wlad had to did he though! You see the Klitschko's or Ross, Corrie and Lamon all have in common that they would not be ALLOWED to face Rocky for a very good reason. They could kill him and it wouldn't be a fair fight! Rocky never faced a HW. The HW's above have never been allowed to KO a cruiser or a light heavy! They play in different leagues!

2. I said Puritty was a bum. But his size/weight is big factor and fact every win opponent is basically a KO means he is a power puncher, whether they are bums or not is irrelevant, he is also a bum. Sanders was a 220 guy a true heavy same as Mike Tyson and George Foreman weight and with same KOratio as Tyson. Brewster is 230lb guy same KOratio as Tyson as well. Their KO opponents are mostly on better level than the KO opponents of Foreman and Tyson! They are heavier on average for one!

3. Should change your name to BS_Mauler. Wlad is one of the cleanest HW's and does not rely on his brother for help. Wlad certainly has the will to win. It's easy for you to promote Wlad as a bully only winning because of his size and no heart for adversity but tall giant boxers have never had such success historically so he must have some heart to continually win all the time. Anyway Wlad only outweighs half of his opponents so it's not like he is relying purely on his size anyway!

4. No I like my ****ysis better. His opponents are better than anything Rocky fought, regardless of your BS assessment I'll simply answer this... NONE of Wlad's opponents are ALLOWED to fight ANY of Rocky's. They would knock every single one of them straight out cold... And Rocky himself! No question! Wlad's opponents are good. Wlad is simply great!

5. Wrong Mauler and stupid maths. Rocky never faced a HW, Rocky has Wlad covered up to 200lbs, Weights which Wlad isn't allowed to fight and Wlad has Rocky covered totally from 200lbs to over 250lbs, weights which Rocky would NEVER WANT TO FIGHT! His HW chance of success based on pure stats is 0% not 100% you fool! But of course the stat is meaningless in itself in this case, no sample to use. But it does indicate that Rocky should still get his ass kicked into next week still!

6. Of course they were big punchers, their record, there stats, their observables. They were able to punch out the entire division in Rocky's era, him included.

7. Wlad is sharp as ****, Haye has best reflexes all time at HW proper. Rocky is a punch bag and would be splattered immediately just like your little Frazier!

8. Rocky was balanced agreed. Rocky's balance would be shattered if he got roughed up by a modern HW.

Rocky done NOTHING at real HW... N-O-T-H-I-N-G-!

And Louis is also overrated joke!

I have Liston appraised accurately, he should be rightfully ignored as the pathetic champion he was who lost to a little kid! Big bad Liston, there's your weak heart! lol

Sick of this Marciano joke thread. Arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall!

1. You say he didn't need his brother help, Who rematched Sanders? That concludes what I said correct and you wrong. He also had the brother concept,his brother being a champion while he was not which helped his name out.

2. No. If statistics were that easier everyone would be rich gamblers. What you fail to comprehend is the weighting you must put on each factor(KO%). KOing a bum would get a factor of "0" becaue overall it contributes nothing to the class of the fighter they faced.Therefore the true KO% percentage of each fighter is very very low.

3. Who rematched Sanders? That alone proves you're wrong.The referee allows for the constant holding and leaning on smaller fighters only because he's being paid by the fighter whos doing it thats ethically and morally wrong but it's cheating.

4.You can't prove he's been in the ring with better fighters.
What we can prove is that Rockys fighter are held much much higher then Wladimirs. So the conclusion is that Rocky has fought the better fighters.

5. Rocky KO'd a 254 giant in 1 or 2rounds. That's fact. Only time Wladdy was going to face a pressure fighter was in Chisora, he pulled not once but twice! twice he ducked him. Again we take the facts and put them in a pile and it seems Marciano is on top again.

6. The only thing we can conclude is that they were big punchers when it came to bums. That's the only thing we can conclude.


7. What is FACT is that Rocky never lost. Fat old Sanders smashed Wlad a prime Rocky,hardest hitter ever, would to do Wlad..it'll be slaughter.


8. You've just said Rocky balance was good so superior is his footwork that only if he got hit by modern HW punch it it would be shattered. What we can take from this is that you agree Rocky balance was superior but that also contradicts your "boxing has progress" theory. We also learn that while you agree Rocky has great balance you cannot prove that it wouldbe shattered by a modern HW puncher as he has never been KO'd before.

Only conclusion: Grover thinks Marciano footwork is superior to modern fighrers.


The term "REAL" HW holds no weight in this conversation. None. Because they were not of the same era. The only real conclusion is that Rocky beat every 200+(Current HW limit) so that disproves what you said.

Louis is overrated and a joke? Again the stupidity and trollness of your posts is amazing. Louis is held higher by every boxing expert in the world then Wladimir Klitschko.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #1686
MMJoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,898
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross_trainer View Post
I'm afraid I'm going to annoy SuzieQ with this one, but I suspect Wlad beats Marciano rather thoroughly. There's a point where extra size really does start to tell, even against the Rock. The same goes for Lewis.

Thoughts? Feel free to prove me wrong.
I just can't help but think that the wily and defensive genius (I'm not being a smart ass here) Wlad will put his anvil-laced jabs in Marciano's face every moment of every round until Marciano is stopped. Wlad has learned more from his 3 KO losses than any fighter has learned in history. Wlad is just too big and too strong for the powerful Light cruiserweight Marciano.

Wlad 240 lbs, 81" reach vs Rocky 190 lbs, 67" reach. I mean come on, seriously.
MMJoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #1687
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13,586
vCash: 1385
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Vitali holds the WBC belt for so long because he doesn't fight the champ or any ranked guys and the Wlad is the champ because he doesn't fight the no.1 or no.2.
Its a joke of a situition. Its likely Wlad never see's the hall of fame.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #1688
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 14,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Its likely Wlad never see's the hall of fame.

For one that has made a brand of idiocy, you can still surprise.
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #1689
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 13,586
vCash: 1385
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

I dont know any hall of famer who had help getting to and staying at the top. Somebody who fought the hard fights for him and rematched his losses. Concessions wont be made for Wlad.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #1690
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Wladimir Klitschko pulls out due to injury. Seen playing golf two days later.


Remake thread : Rocky Marciano vs Vitali Klitschko
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:03 AM   #1691
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
Agreed Seamus, I expected Mauler to refute everthing in dramatic fashion but his retaliation is full of so much bias and bs it's still a surprise.

Mauler and dino... You 2 mofo's taking such a strong position against the Ukranian against such a feeble opponent compared to himself is laughable to the global community at large... Even the people who respect him far more than Klitschko, not a great many of them, a fraction of a percent would go on the claim h2h that he could BEAT Klitschko..

Wladimir didn't get the chance to rematch Sanders. Wlad was chasing his belt back, Sanders LOST the damn thing before he got a chance to. I've no doubt, nor would anybody sensible, that Wlad could have avenged that loss. To think that Vitali took the fight to avenge little brother because Wlad couldn't do it shows nothing but your incredible bias!

I DO understand that KOing a bum is not worth as much as KOing a quality opponent. But the weight of the opponents being KO'd I happen to know is one of the surest indicators of quality, as much as their record is! And the fact that all of their opponents KO'd are HW and never faced a cruiser or light-heavy and were heavier than anything Rocky ever faced is a sure and undisputible fact which when properly assessed actually terminates your argument but you will try to spin it anyway of course!

You have no proof that K2 pays the referee's to favour Klitschko's that is your biased opinion, They don't do anything "illegal" in boxing tactically (outside the ring they use steroids!) That he ducked Sanders and Chisora is your biased view on events which suit further your agenda of Wlad being a cheater and ducker! Once again no conclusive evidence!

I can prove he's been in the ring conclusively with heavier fighters out of his range in every fight which is enough of a sample to make an almost certain statement that Rocky couldn't handle Wlad's level of opposition. What the boxing community thinks of Rocky opponents compared to Wlad's is irrelevant when Wlads' will knock out all of his regardless! That certainly proves nothing toward Rocky being higher quality!

I am not aware of the incident where Rocky faced and beat a 254lb opponent but I do know it wasn't in a sanctioned professional boxing match and I have the sneaky suspicion that it was an oaf That incident were it true (educate me anyway) is not at all valid and Rocky's performance against 200+ opponents is 0%!

Now we come to the sick part of your post...



Hardest hitter ever, it'll be slaughter? That doesn't even deserve a response, it's just ****in crazy and you cannot seriously swallow that rubbish! That Little Marciano is the hardest hitter ever and would slaughter the HW champion lol!

I never said Rocky's balance was superior, I said it was good against his opponents, but if he ever took real HW punches and was roughed up by one he would be put off balance! His balance was good for a 190lb fighter, Wlad's balance is great for a 245lb fighter! Fighters are more balanced these days, te 6'6" guys from Rocks era were oafs, today they are balanced!

I can't "prove" it since I don't have a time machine but in no way can you conclude that Rock has better balance than a modern HW by ANY twist of words or facts!

Crazy outlook Mauler, just crazy!

And DINO; What's bloody rot, Wlad holds his belts because he beats anyone who is anyone, he relied on his brother for nothing! Vitali needs Wlad now more than anything, the only fighter I'd say Vitali would be reluctant to fight is David Haye. Imo if Vitali could def Sanders and Chisora, I'm sure Wlad could smash them as well!

The HOF is a bloody joke anyway, but I know what will happen. Wlad will be retired for awhile, attitudes will soften after awhile, suddenly Wlad's achievements will be widely held as great, and he will be inducted. 50 years from now there will be a 300lb, 7' champ with even better skills than Klitschko who never loses and there'll be guys like you claiming how Tyson (who would be like the new Rock) and Wlad (who will be like the new Clay) could destroy them because they haven't fought opponents as good as Wlad and Tyson did etc etc, and there'll be ppl like me showing them how stupid you are!

You 2 guys are the biggest jokes on this forum!

Only potential threats to Wladimir now or in the last 8 yrs or even in the foreseeable future have been just that... potentials! And outside ones at that!
Look we can only argue what we saw and know about them. No matter which way we look at it Rocky dominates in every aspect of the ring. Power,Balance,Skill,Stamina,Opposition he's just too superior. Wladimir was KO'd by bums and people who could only KO bums. Rocky was never KO'd and was never hurt in the ring.

Rocky statistically,factually,observationally the superior fighter.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #1692
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
Agreed Seamus, I expected Mauler to refute everthing in dramatic fashion but his retaliation is full of so much bias and bs it's still a surprise.

Mauler and dino... You 2 mofo's taking such a strong position against the Ukranian against such a feeble opponent compared to himself is laughable to the global community at large... Even the people who respect him far more than Klitschko, not a great many of them, a fraction of a percent would go on the claim h2h that he could BEAT Klitschko..

Wladimir didn't get the chance to rematch Sanders. Wlad was chasing his belt back, Sanders LOST the damn thing before he got a chance to. I've no doubt, nor would anybody sensible, that Wlad could have avenged that loss. To think that Vitali took the fight to avenge little brother because Wlad couldn't do it shows nothing but your incredible bias!
Rocky has much much more respect then Wladimir Klitschko and always will. Name some experts who hold Wladimir higher then Marciano? Forum people like Seamus and Absolutely dont count.

In Wladimirs own words "They said he was shot" and he's correct but he was also fat,old and lost interested in boxing but still sparked Wladimir. What we can conclude is that he can't take a punch as well as his physical presence suggests which is why he's safety first.

KO'd by bum beaters and safety first means he's suspect against heavy hitters and they don't hit harder then Marciano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
I DO understand that KOing a bum is not worth as much as KOing a quality opponent. But the weight of the opponents being KO'd I happen to know is one of the surest indicators of quality, as much as their record is! And the fact that all of their opponents KO'd are HW and never faced a cruiser or light-heavy and were heavier than anything Rocky ever faced is a sure and undisputible fact which when properly assessed actually terminates your argument but you will try to spin it anyway of course!
That doesn't make sense besides KO'ing a bum is not a indicator of true world class HW power. Sam Peters is a good example. Who did he hurt exactly at the top level after destroying all those bums? Nothing. Next time you wanna talk numbers make sense because what you said makes zilch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
You have no proof that K2 pays the referee's to favour Klitschko's that is your biased opinion, They don't do anything "illegal" in boxing tactically (outside the ring they use steroids!) That he ducked Sanders and Chisora is your biased view on events which suit further your agenda of Wlad being a cheater and ducker! Once again no conclusive evidence!
Wladimir holds and leans way way more in Germany then he ever did in the USA.Why? Because he's in total control. Only logical explanation unless you're going to tell me something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
I can prove he's been in the ring conclusively with heavier fighters out of his range in every fight which is enough of a sample to make an almost certain statement that Rocky couldn't handle Wlad's level of opposition. What the boxing community thinks of Rocky opponents compared to Wlad's is irrelevant when Wlads' will knock out all of his regardless! That certainly proves nothing toward Rocky being higher quality!
It is relevant. If everyone thinks the sky is blue because we see blue. Wladimir just stands still and jabs. He is able to get away with this because the opponents are so big they have no lateral movement or the aerobic capatic to constantly move,bend and just give up.

They relie more on their muscle and size to win rather then their spirit and mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
I am not aware of the incident where Rocky faced and beat a 254lb opponent but I do know it wasn't in a sanctioned professional boxing match and I have the sneaky suspicion that it was an oaf That incident were it true (educate me anyway) is not at all valid and Rocky's performance against 200+ opponents is 0%!
He did and smashed the 254 giant too. He was so big he was easy to hit. 200lb+ Lee Savold,Joe Louis,Don ****ell and plenty of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
Now we come to the sick part of your post...



Hardest hitter ever, it'll be slaughter? That doesn't even deserve a response, it's just ****in crazy and you cannot seriously swallow that rubbish! That Little Marciano is the hardest hitter ever and would slaughter the HW champion lol!
Behind Young Foreman. What I mean't in regards to slaughter is that Sanders and Brewster smashed him to pieces and they were bums. Marciano is a ATG in punching power and stamina, if we take these two components put them into a ring with a fighter who was KO'd by bums he would be slaughtered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
I never said Rocky's balance was superior, I said it was good against his opponents, but if he ever took real HW punches and was roughed up by one he would be put off balance! His balance was good for a 190lb fighter, Wlad's balance is great for a 245lb fighter! Fighters are more balanced these days, te 6'6" guys from Rocks era were oafs, today they are balanced!

I can't "prove" it since I don't have a time machine but in no way can you conclude that Rock has better balance than a modern HW by ANY twist of words or facts!
You don't need too I will.

"no way can you conclude that Rock has better balance than a modern HW by ANY twist of words or facts"
He was never KO'd by big men 200+ 220+ 250+ infact he was never put on the floor by them either so what you're saying is laughable which in your own words "Rocky was balanced agreed. Rocky's balance would be shattered if he got roughed up by a modern HW" As you can see this is incredibly wrong.


You said his he would only be unbalance if he was hit by a modern HW fighter but you agreed apart from that he was balanced. Ok the first thing is he was never hurt by big men as I stated above,second thing with regards of him never being hurt by big men he would maintain his balance throughout the fight.

Now if we look at Wladimir vs David Haye he was off balance on multiple occasions and that was due to Haye being smaller and moving.

Now if we look at the evidence is it clear that Rocky has the superior balance and that Wladimir will have a hard time hitting him.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #1693
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
Wladimir will hit him at will you idiot, he has speed, timing, accuracy, range, technique, footwork, strategy that Rocky never dreamed of and power to knock him straight out and chin to take even his hardest shots in the freak event that Rocky could even land a single punch at all! And style wise, Rocky will march straight forward to his death just like another punch bag I know of.

THAT IS what's clear! lol

But you win I give up answering to this BS lol.
If that was true when he wouldn't have lost to bums..
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:08 AM   #1694
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
Brewster and Sanders were no bums. Puritty was sure. Point is, after all those losses he learned something from it and transformed himself into something closer to invincible each time until now, he virtually is! And hasn't been defeated since! THAT is a true champion. To be down and out but to pick up the pieces and come back stronger than ever! To take anything away from someone who's lost 3 times out of 63 under the circumstances it occurred under as well is pretty ****ed!

Your Marciano was fortunate not to have tasted defeat. I wonder how he would have handled it! Wlad demonstratably passed this test!
What do you think he learnt? from watching then and now
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #1695
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
He learned to pace himself properly and to maintain himself in top condition so he didn't gas again like against Puritty.

He learned how to better manage his steroid administration so he didn't nearly slip into a coma like against Brewster.

He learned to maintain a rock solid defence and put his safety first so he doesn't get knocked out again like against Sanders.

Since then he's never gassed out, never suffered a pathological condition and never been knocked out! And he's now more experienced than Marciano ever was and has more wins against real HW's than Rocky ever did!

Wlad=Champ!

SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015