Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #1681
WABCBoxer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

It's hard to take someone seriously when they say Lewis and Klitschko are the two greatest HWs of all time. Really, get serious.
WABCBoxer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #1682
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABCBoxer View Post
It's hard to take someone seriously when they say Lewis and Klitschko are the two greatest HWs of all time. Really, get serious.
"Greatest" is a wooly adjective that can mean any number of things.

Head to head though, both men have a very good argument, Lewis especially.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #1683
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
"Greatest" is a wooly adjective that can mean any number of things.

Head to head though, both men have a very good argument, Lewis especially.

At Lennox worst he schooled Vitali and Wladimir is only champion because Vitali is his brother or else Vitali might still well be champion or Wlad might have won it a few years ago.

H2H they're overrated
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #1684
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post
At Lennox worst he schooled Vitali and Wladimir is only champion because Vitali is his brother or else Vitali might still well be champion or Wlad might have won it a few years ago.

H2H they're overrated
By some. Underrated by a hell of a lot more.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #1685
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
Big problem mate, obviously you can rule out everything regarding Marciano lol because he isn't a HW, never fought a HW! That makes his chances 0% not %100, just by the math of course, but I believe it'd be on the order.

I think he set a 10 fight threshold for fighters which as you know David still doesn't have an extensive record but we can use his cruiser battles but of course that would skew results in favour of David's real HW punch stats wouldn't it. I'm appraising David's performance personally and I rate him pretty much up there with Evander Holyfield. Great counter punchers except Haye has the faster reflexes and power but Holy is more willing to brawl and has better chin to do it. We can expect David to have a punch power best of the former cruisers but still lower than the natural heavies like klitschko.

Face it, Marciano has 100% success against sub heavies of his era and 0% success against any heavies. Of course he didn't fight any though. No Mauler I can't use those stats to prove anything because it is even less representative than Haye's but common sense tells you that Marciano would simply get pasted and isn't gonna be hurting anybody at HW today! Geez!

Yyeyeye oi Marciano KO opponents 220lb+ : 100%

Ya stats don't mean anything so why keep quoting them. There is no way in knowing NO WAY Jack Johnson 1906 beats Wladimir Klitschko 2013. No way of knowing which is why we debate not put him numbers that have "0" proven predictability.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #1686
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
By some. Underrated by a hell of a lot more.

Ah well statistically...
Old 05-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #1687
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Have a huge number of posts from this thread been deleted? I recall it being quite a few more pages than this.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #1688
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Mauler;

So why not try common sense then if the stats can't help here, I agree with you, there are no numbers for Marcino that can give a representative sample, only an extrapolation of common sense!

Better yet, give me a good reason why anyone should think that Rocky could win? I'm curious to know how one even arrives at such a conclusion!
1. Mental Strength
2. Pain Threshold
3. Will to win
4. Stamina
5. Power
6. Chin
7. He's a small target
8. Balance/Footwork
Old 05-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #1689
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
What do you mean? I've only seen this thread a few days ago and so far it seems like the biggest thread yet lol. Matches I thought would bring heated debate attracted nothing here and ones I thought would be no brainers seem to be the most popular!
Believe me, it was a lot bigger...
Old 05-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #1690
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

At least 10+ pages are gone. I remember 114-15?? being Dino,Magna,Seamus
Old 05-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #1691
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
At least 10+ pages are gone. I remember 114-15?? being Dino,Magna,Seamus
I feel as tho I have lost my favorite dog.

Inconsolable.
Seamus is online now  Top
Old 05-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #1692
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
1. Wlad is the dominant HW champ of the world for years, and would be up against a tiny opponent, whereas Rocky would be up against a guy bigger than he'd ever seen before by far! Even the guys who outweighed him were still cruisers! Don't you think Wlad would have the mental edge?

2. Are you trying to tell me little Marciano could take a better punch than Wladimir? Wlad has only ever been dropped by big puncher types who all weigh in excess of 220lbs, it's actually ridiculous to claim someone who has been HW champ for so long and only suffered a few shock losses at the hands of huge punchers can really have a glass jaw! By comparison, Rocky is more likely to break his fist on Wlad's head rather than bruise the Ukranian. And what makes you think Rocky's pain threshold could withstand a huge right ramrod from the Ukranian? Most automobiles of Rocky's age couldn't connect with as much force as Wlad's punches. I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that if Wlads fist is nearly the size of the Rock's head, it's gonna friggin hurt!

3. Both fighters had the will to win. Marciano never once lost and Wladimir never once lost without a shock upset from flash punches, and since those days... Never lost since! In fact this is really a no brainer because with the exception of fighters who know they are mismatched and just there for a pay check and fighting to survive... Every boxer wants to win! And to say Wlad wouldn't want to win as bad as Rock is baseless.

4. Wladimir stretches his fights for rounds most of the time when he doesn't really even have to. He prefers to remain safe and forgive spectacular early round KO's in favour of ensuring 100% victory, can't say I blame him either. This coupled with the fact Wlad is a modern trained athlete, has almost the VO2max as phar lap and visibly looks like an iron man, I think it ridiculous to assume Wlad has not the stamina to withstand Rocky!

5. Power, you can't be serious. A 188lb guy cannot overpower a 250lb TRAINED guy. You don't really believe that Rocky is more powerful than Wlad, you're not a stupid guy Mauler, you've argued successfully with me over some things so I know your not retarded!

6. Chin, already addressed, I think it's silly to think Rocky can take Wlads power and I think its silly to think Wlad can't take Rocky's.

7. AGREED! However he's an easy target. Rocky comes straight forward all the time and is not nearly as defensive on the way in as even Frazier for example. Wlad's punches are so fast for a big man and so accurate he would catch Rocky on the way in every time. Only Haye has ever made him miss so substantially.

8. Balance/footwork must go to Wlad imo. But since that is somewhat ard to prove, I'm willing to accept even

So yeah Mauler if you can swallow your own rubish then I guess Rocky is the GOAT! But way I see it he can't win even 1/100 times!

I might have bagged the shit out of Liston for instance but atleast Liston was a real HW and COULD in theory hurt Wlad!

1. Wladimir displayed in his defeat mental weakness(Especially Purrity the round before and the round he stopped he showed nothing of a great champion) Wladimir is only a dominant HW world champion for years because Vitali Klitschko is his brother. Rocky didn't need no brother and was NEVER defeated. Rocky was never hurt fighting while Wlad was KO'd by Ross Purrity,Corrie Sanders,Lamon Brewster; fighters who have not knocked out anyone of not except(lol) Wladimir Klitschko.

2. How are they big punchers? Who has Sanders,Brewster,Purrity ever knocked out to be considered big punchers? Sanders weighs 5-10pounds heavier then Byrd;Who you said was featherfisted..lol..good argument. Purrity has never KO'd anyone ANYONE that puts him in the "big hard puncher category" apart from weight / ko% of beating bums(who have terrible records and yet you don't say a thing)

3. One had the will to win and one had help by his brother,referee allowing his illegal tactics. Baseless? Well according to your statistics it has grounds more then any other statistics you've posted.

4. You have proof he stretches his fights because that would be "fight fixing" you retard.His opponents stand right in front of him. He looks very good because his opponents are topheavy with no bodymovement who are slow.

5. Again what you can base this? KO%? Well Rocky has him covered everywhere from 180 - 254pounds

6. I stress the point which you seem to ignore. The people who have only hurt _one_ HW Champion/Contender/Journey and out of a big group the only one who was KO'd was Wladimir. These guys are not big punchers unless you count KO'ing people who are 30W 54Loses? laugh out lould

7. Was Haye a easy target? err no. You know why??? Because Wlad looks great beating up heavy slow opponents with no movement. Rocky constantly moves,catches punchers with his mitts,goes low and can come up with that huge uppercut. Wlad is going to have to punch down thats going to affect him dramatically someone of his height.

8. Ok. He was off balance vs Haye when David moved. Rocky,at that level, has never been caught off or looked off balance. Point to Rocky.

Rocky is the GOAT behind Joe Louis.

You have no argument for Liston. I just ignored it.

Last edited by SP_Mauler; 05-27-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #1693
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 313

Total bum and moving punch bag Wach made Wlad look like this.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Old 05-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #1694
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Total bum and moving punch bag Wach made Wlad look like this.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Seems Wach has a greatest chin of all time now. Just like Purrity is a all time great puncher.

All I remember is Wach landing a right hand and he's done a alot of damage..All time great puncher status coming up??
Old 05-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #1695
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 313

Quote:
Seems Wach has a greatest chin of all time now. Just like Purrity is a all time great puncher.

All I remember is Wach landing a right hand and he's done a alot of damage..All time great puncher status coming up??
After all the punches Wlad put on Wach , it was Wlad who came away looking the worse out of the two, and Wach could not even punch properly......If this clown is the guy from the heavyweight blog he needs to seek help...Theres no cure for his level of dementia.
dinovelvet is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum