Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #1186
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Wlad hasn't fought a guy like Rocky that has power AND great stamina to use his power all the way to the end, what happens when Rocky dosen't get tired after round 5 or 6?, and still comes at Wlad throwing hard punches to the body and head of course, then what happens to Wlad...
i hear what you're saying but getting hit with bombs of a right hand, CONSTANT jabs and behind manhandled inside will negate marcianos attack. do you see him being as constant, as effective in the 10th round against wlad? after swallowing jab after jab and right after right while never getting within range?

the assumption is he'll be the same rocky against wlad as he was on film. i don't see that...i feel he'll be more hurt than expected and rocky will grow less and less effective as wlad turns on the heat. he won't be swinging away in the 11th if he's knocked out in the 8th
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #1187
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
i hear what you're saying but getting hit with bombs of a right hand, CONSTANT jabs and behind manhandled inside will negate marcianos attack. do you see him being as constant, as effective in the 10th round against wlad? after swallowing jab after jab and right after right while never getting within range?

the assumption is he'll be the same rocky against wlad as he was on film. i don't see that...i feel he'll be more hurt than expected and rocky will grow less and less effective as wlad turns on the heat. he won't be swinging away in the 11th if he's knocked out in the 8th
I'm not all pro Marciano in this matchup i'm kinda torn i think Marciano because of his power and great stamina but when i think about them fighting in my head it's hard to imagine Marciano getting in close alot or enough to Wlad but i dont know its too hard to tell, they havnt fought guys similar enough to eachother for us to tell what will happen
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #1188
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
I'm not all pro Marciano in this matchup i'm kinda torn i think Marciano because of his power and great stamina but when i think about them fighting in my head it's hard to imagine Marciano getting in close alot or enough to Wlad but i dont know its too hard to tell, they havnt fought guys similar enough to eachother for us to tell what will happen
not to be smarmy but that's because there WEREN'T guys like wlad in rocky's day and fighting guys like rocky now would get wlad laughed at.

the closest thing physically is adamek (who is still 30 pounds bigger) and though he's nowhere near rocky's league, who would give tomas a chance?
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #1189
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,313
vCash: 816
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

This is still going huh
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #1190
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
not to be smarmy but that's because there WEREN'T guys like wlad in rocky's day and fighting guys like rocky now would get wlad laughed at.

the closest thing physically is adamek (who is still 30 pounds bigger) and though he's nowhere near rocky's league, who would give tomas a chance?
Well like you said Thomas is no where near Rocky's league...
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #1191
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
This is still going huh
Haha think imma pull out now... Cant be bothered anymore
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #1192
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Well like you said Thomas is no where near Rocky's league...
absolutely but the size difference there is still silly...adamek couldn't reach wlad. and he's a chunk bigger than rocky

good as rocky is, he's too damn small. and he ain't fast enough, don't hit hard enough, and wlad is technically better. rocky has better stamina, better chin and is more tenacious. those traits i don't see helping him enough in this one
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #1193
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
absolutely but the size difference there is still silly...adamek couldn't reach wlad. and he's a chunk bigger than rocky

good as rocky is, he's too damn small. and he ain't fast enough, don't hit hard enough, and wlad is technically better. rocky has better stamina, better chin and is more tenacious. those traits i don't see helping him enough in this one
Rocky dosent hit hard enough...First i heard of that
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #1194
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Rocky dosent hit hard enough...First i heard of that
not when he punch output is reduced to under 10 punches a round

AMAZING puncher but i don't him punching hard enough to knock out a giant 250 pounder with just a single punch. he'll rock wlad but he'll get tied up and negated every single time
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #1195
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,313
vCash: 816
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Wlad caves Rock's pretty little skull in, inside of 5 rounds. Can we be done now?
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #1196
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
What indicates that Rocky himself wouldn't get sparked out, anyway? People act as if it's all on Wladimir not to get knocked out by the insanely powerful puncher in the Rock.
and i don't think it's even being debated that wlad is a harder puncher.
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #1197
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yoknapatawpha
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 475
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

We're so close.

I see a bunch of people saying that rocks never beat a guy like wlad. How many cruisers has wlad beat hmm? When Wlad beat them they were blown up past their best weight. Food your thought.
LittleRed is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #1198
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
We're so close.

I see a bunch of people saying that rocks never beat a guy like wlad. How many cruisers has wlad beat hmm? When Wlad beat them they were blown up past their best weight. Food your thought.
one post closer to 100 pages
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #1199
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,313
vCash: 816
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Apparently it ain't that simple. Apparently, Wladimir is shit and gets KO'd in five by what Seamus has dubbed the "Wee son of Abruzzi."
Rocky would KO the K bros and everyone else at HW in two years if this was his way
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #1200
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Wlad caves Rock's pretty little skull in, inside of 5 rounds. Can we be done now?
Fighters of the past are mentally and physically tougher 100%. Some eras are stronger then others obviously but there all tougher then todays by miles.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013