Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #1201
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Wlad whups him.

It's not a fair fight, honestly. Size difference and strength difference is dramatic, Wladimir is actually a world class athlete(unlike the massive galutes Marciano did beat), and he has the stylistic advantage.

I don't see Rocky winning this fight. He'd have a hard time working inside, he'd have a hard time landing big shots, and his habit of eating big shots a bit too often is just not a good idea against guys like Lewis and Klitschko, and probably Bowe.

Rocky was one badass 190 pounder, but 190 pounders don't do so hot against elite big men when they aren't quick and slick.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #1202
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Wlad whups him.

It's not a fair fight, honestly. Size difference and strength difference is dramatic, Wladimir is actually a world class athlete(unlike the massive galutes Marciano did beat), and he has the stylistic advantage.

I don't see Rocky winning this fight. He'd have a hard time working inside, he'd have a hard time landing big shots, and his habit of eating big shots a bit too often is just not a good idea against guys like Lewis and Klitschko, and probably Bowe.

Rocky was one badass 190 pounder, but 190 pounders don't do so hot against elite big men when they aren't quick and slick.
I agree that Wlad is a world class athlete. I even aree with most of what you say, to an extent.

Certainly, i dont think that there is any doubt that Rockys power is not a level above what Wlad has faced. But, what is a level above what Wlad has faced is Rockys workrate on the inside. And while Wlad has faced plenty of guys who hit close to as hard as Rocky, he hasnt fought any that have hid him as often as Rocky will hit him. Unless Wlad is lucky enough to land clean and early and KO Rocky (possibly but unlikely), he is going to be hit more often than anyone he has ever fought. I dont think he has proven that he can take such an onslaught.

And while Wlad can clearly take a few of Rockys punches, he is going to have to take more like 30 of them a round. I think that Rocky wears him down and wins on most occassions.
Boilermaker is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 05:39 AM   #1203
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
I agree that Wlad is a world class athlete. I even aree with most of what you say, to an extent.

Certainly, i dont think that there is any doubt that Rockys power is not a level above what Wlad has faced. But, what is a level above what Wlad has faced is Rockys workrate on the inside. And while Wlad has faced plenty of guys who hit close to as hard as Rocky, he hasnt fought any that have hid him as often as Rocky will hit him. Unless Wlad is lucky enough to land clean and early and KO Rocky (possibly but unlikely), he is going to be hit more often than anyone he has ever fought. I dont think he has proven that he can take such an onslaught.

And while Wlad can clearly take a few of Rockys punches, he is going to have to take more like 30 of them a round. I think that Rocky wears him down and wins on most occassions.
Workrate means nothing when you are being enveloped by a massive mountain of octopus, powerful man flesh.

Wlad would wrap Rocky up so tight and bear down on him so hard his back would be killing him in a matter of rounds. People don't fail to work inside against Wlad because they are stupid; It's because they physically can't manage the trick. Rocky would need a strict referee to have a prayer.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #1204
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Workrate means nothing when you are being enveloped by a massive mountain of octopus, powerful man flesh.

Wlad would wrap Rocky up so tight and bear down on him so hard his back would be killing him in a matter of rounds. People don't fail to work inside against Wlad because they are stupid; It's because they physically can't manage the trick. Rocky would need a strict referee to have a prayer.
When all else fails resort back to -Wlads wins by hugging him to death , which just shows you're extremly biased view as usual.....All Rocky needs in the ring are his will to win and his mitts......Strip Wlad of his trainer, brother and personal ref ,stick him in the ring solo and you have a under confidant man with zero ability to defend himself , work inside, on the backfoot or the killer instinct to pull the trigger early on.......Rock will look to close the show early knowing he cant hold up under pressure and wont give him a single moment to breathe.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #1205
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

Ali is on record saying he hit harder than Fraizer. He couldn't lift his arms after a sparring session with the Rock.
After he almost killed Carmine he was afraid of killing his opponent let down on his power.
He hit Lyle so hard not only did his mouth gaurd come out but all his teeth as well.
A shot from Rocky will give Wlad a nervous breakdown and he cant perform under fear and a distorted mindset.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #1206
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post

How exactly is Rocky inside all of a sudden? He is NOT getting inside. Rocky was a plodder. Vlad is a highly mobile big man. He keeps the runt on the end of the monster jab and knocks his lights out whenever he feels like it.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #1207
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusak View Post
How exactly is Rocky inside all of a sudden? He is NOT getting inside. Rocky was a plodder. Vlad is a highly mobile big man. He keeps the runt on the end of the monster jab and knocks his lights out whenever he feels like it.
Rocky wasn't a plodder, he was a stalker.....Peters was a useless plodder on train tracks with overrated power who threw wild hooks out of range and had Wlad running away for his life.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #1208
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Rocky wasn't a plodder, he was a stalker.....Peters was a useless plodder on train tracks with overrated power who threw wild hooks out of range and had Wlad running away for his life.
Rocky was an absolute ****ing plodder. He "stalked" far too slowly to have any chance of getting inside on Vlad. He's not getting inside, he doesn't have the foot speed or any other magic tricks to get it done.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #1209
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusak View Post
Rocky was an absolute ****ing plodder. He "stalked" far too slowly to have any chance of getting inside on Vlad. He's not getting inside, he doesn't have the foot speed or any other magic tricks to get it done.
Rock moved fast when he wanted to. You obviously dont know what a plodder is. Mormek was a plodder, and got in under the jab at will....Wach was a plodder, went 12 rounds and caused multiple stitches to Wlads face. You're to far bellow my level of intellect to continue with you any further.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #1210
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

brewster showed the way to beat wlad and it involves a tonne of heart, a tonne of power and the ability to change it with one opportunity.

rocky, bless him, is not gonna be able to take the beating brewster took for the first 4 rounds.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #1211
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Rock moved fast when he wanted to. You obviously dont know what a plodder is. Mormek was a plodder, and got in under the jab at will....Wach was a plodder, went 12 rounds and caused multiple stitches to Wlads face. You're to far bellow my level of intellect to continue with you any further.
dinovelvet
rusak is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #1212
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 8060

Quote:
Says the man who favours a prime Pacman to beat Tommy Hearns
obviousalt is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #1213
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
brewster showed the way to beat wlad and it involves a tonne of heart, a tonne of power and the ability to change it with one opportunity.

rocky, bless him, is not gonna be able to take the beating brewster took for the first 4 rounds.
Sanders showed it takes one shot in one round to end him. Brewster showed a blueprint but don't mean somebody has to take as many rounds as he did to execute it.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #1214
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 8060

Quote:
Sanders showed it takes one shot in one round to end him. Brewster showed a blueprint but don't mean somebody has to take as many rounds as he did to execute it.
Sanders hits Wladimir with a left… Wladimir head snaps down

Wladimir moves his head up and crashes against Sanders' head

Sanders connects with a right hook and their heads crash again

Sanders connects with a left hook and the heads crash again.
Wlad goes down

KOs occur when there is rapid acceleration/de-acceleration, that's atleast 6 hits.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
obviousalt is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #1215
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by obviousalt View Post
Sanders hits Wladimir with a left… Wladimir head snaps down

Wladimir moves his head up and crashes against Sanders' head

Sanders connects with a right hook and their heads crash again

Sanders connects with a left hook and the heads crash again.
Wlad goes down

KOs occur when there is rapid acceleration/de-acceleration, that's atleast 6 hits.
One connected. The rest missed.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum