boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #1216
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Lalondy was a tall stand up boxer who was shutting out Ray with a stiff jab before Ray sapped his strenght and stamina with bodywork, trapped him against the ropes and didn't stop hitting till he was out.
Wlad isn't an A level fighter, he needs the help of his brother to dominate the worst HW division known to man yet still managed to get stopped 3 times by avarge opposition.
If Peters had half the stamina and workrate the Rock had he would of had Wlad out for the count in the first fight, but let it slip due to his clumsiness , lack of urgency and just being an overall useless contender.
He had Wlad out on his feet and instead of upping the ante he plodded towards him like a Sunday stroll through the park.
The guy fought a battle worn James Toney twice , couldn't get him out and deserved to lose the rematch clearly.
Rocky would of beat Peters unmerciful and wouldn't of been ran around the ring like Wlad was
This is the low level of talent Wlad swims around with.
Well you didnt really address the points of why that comparison is ludicrous. other tham saying lalond was outjabbing ray and that wlad isnt A level (he is). are you conceding the ****ogy simply doesnt work? Or just wanna repeat the same argument about how sam peter sucks
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #1217
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,933
vCash: 626
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
Well you didnt really address the points of why that comparison is ludicrous. other tham saying lalond was outjabbing ray and that wlad isnt A level (he is). are you conceding the ****ogy simply doesnt work? Or just repeat the same argument about how sam peter sucks
Its better than your Andre the giant and Nick Nack comparison.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #1218
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Its better than your Andre the giant and Nick Nack comparison.
I liked it anyway and you think leonard is comparable at all to rocky? Or lalonde is to wlad? the first comparison is especially questionable
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #1219
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Do you think the size difference is the same as well? You have a choice of so many smaller fighters overcoming larger ones and you pick one with such public and laughable weight restrictions? And one where the fighters are massively different in skills...its honestly one of the worst ****ogies you could think of
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #1220
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
Posts: 2,441
vCash: 157
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Garrus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #1221
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,933
vCash: 626
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by obviousalt View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
That was an over exaggeration aimed at another poster who does the same in an attempt to rattle my cage...
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #1222
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,933
vCash: 626
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
I liked it anyway and you think leonard is comparable at all to rocky? Or lalonde is to wlad? the first comparison is especially questionable
Wlad is a HW Lalonde. Wlad has never beat an Elite level fighter in his career. Is there a single HW from the past 10years besides Wlad that would even be a Hall of famer?
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #1223
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A cut above my left nose
Posts: 3,223
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
Well you didnt really address the points of why that comparison is ludicrous. other tham saying lalond was outjabbing ray and that wlad isnt A level (he is). are you conceding the ****ogy simply doesnt work? Or just wanna repeat the same argument about how sam peter sucks
And apparently he deserved to lose the rematch with Toney clearly.

To be honest I doubt he's even seen either of the fights. Just heard that one of those was a robbery and went with the wrong one.

It's bad enough that he's a humourless troll, but is it too much to ask him to at least get his facts straight?
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #1224
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Wlad is a HW Lalonde. Wlad has never beat an Elite level fighter in his career. Is there a single HW from the past 10years besides Wlad that would even be a Hall of famer?
so wlad is a hall of famer though? lalonde is not.

lalonde does not have a massive string of defenses against even mediocre competition.

would you rate lalonde's skills as equal to wlad?

would lalonde be in the conversations for top 10 at ANY weight?

not sure where the comparison to wlad makes sense beyond superficial stylistic similarities
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #1225
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
And apparently he deserved to lose the rematch with Toney clearly.

To be honest I doubt he's even seen either of the fights. Just heard that one of those was a robbery and went with the wrong one.

It's bad enough that he's a humourless troll, but is it too much to ask him to at least get his facts straight?
manny pacquiao is the greatest irish light heavyweight of all time -dinovelvet
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #1226
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,933
vCash: 626
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
And apparently he deserved to lose the rematch with Toney clearly.

To be honest I doubt he's even seen either of the fights. Just heard that one of those was a robbery and went with the wrong one.

It's bad enough that he's a humourless troll, but is it too much to ask him to at least get his facts straight?
Your breakdowns were so useless and so easily picked apart you've gone back to doing what you do best....
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #1227
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Your breakdowns were so useless and so easily picked apart you've gone back to doing what you do best....
point out errors?

any thoughts on the lalonde/wlad comparison?
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #1228
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,933
vCash: 626
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
so wlad is a hall of famer though? lalonde is not.

lalonde does not have a massive string of defenses against even mediocre competition.

would you rate lalonde's skills as equal to wlad?

would lalonde be in the conversations for top 10 at ANY weight?

not sure where the comparison to wlad makes sense beyond superficial stylistic similarities
Never mind Lalonde...Has there been a HW worthy of HOF status over the past 10 years?
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #1229
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,825
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Never mind Lalonde...Has there been a HW worthy of HOF status over the past 10 years?
so you're giving up that comparison?

probably not though his brother will likely get in.
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #1230
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A cut above my left nose
Posts: 3,223
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
manny pacquiao is the greatest irish light heavyweight of all time -dinovelvet
That is quite funny. Though I think he was getting Manny confused with Andre Ward.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015