Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #1276
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,557
vCash: 86
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

The guy said it was Walcot who was blinded , hes a 100% Wlad nuthugger and not objective in any way.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #1277
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 12,125
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
It was Marciano who had vision in only one eye before he ko'd Walcot , not the other way around.
Rock set up the ko by relentlessly walking him down and plugging Joe with one of the hardest shots ever thrown.
This is the first time im hearing about Rock being a serial fouler.
Because you cant come to terms with Wlad being the fighter he is only by excessive fouling you want to tarnish Marciano with the same brush?? Pathetic.
Marciano was a far worse fouler with his headbutts, elbows and low blows To disregard this you are either intellectually dishonest or a total ****ing moron.
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #1278
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 964
vCash: 8060
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
The guy said it was Walcot who was blinded , hes a 100% Wlad nuthugger and not objective in any way.


obviousalt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:24 AM   #1279
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Nobody ever said Rocky wasn't also hurting in there. He got fouled too.

But he also spoon fed his forehead to Walcott quite a bit. It was rough and tumble in there. If a referee is going to allow Rocky to abuse somebody like that, and be called "fair and neutral"(I'm gonna simply call that lax officiating, or letting the fighters fight), he's gonna let Wlad clutch to his hearts' content. No sane referee I've ever met is gonna scold or deduct a guy for holding and let the other guy butt, elbow, low blow, and all that shit in the same vein. It'd be a one way ticket to a protest, and shit like that DOES get overturned in this sport.

Of course, you could also be that guy in Ottke-Reid, who penalized Reid for punching Ottke in the face, but I think we're assuming that guy ISN'T in the ring for this one, and if he was, he'd probably favor Wlad (European).
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:38 AM   #1280
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,576
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Wladimir has to wear his opponents down or they quit on him because they cant cope for his power to be effective. He wouldn't wear Rock down(Joe Louis nails him right on the chin) his constant moving,hard punching,superior footwork(Wlad has never fought a man who was capable of launching himself from a squat crouch). Rocky is the superior fighter who are you kidding? Size?? He was outweighed by most of his opponents. He fought tougher competition who despite taking a beating never once quit because of it.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #1281
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,557
vCash: 86
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Nobody ever said Rocky wasn't also hurting in there. He got fouled too.

But he also spoon fed his forehead to Walcott quite a bit. It was rough and tumble in there. If a referee is going to allow Rocky to abuse somebody like that, and be called "fair and neutral"(I'm gonna simply call that lax officiating, or letting the fighters fight), he's gonna let Wlad clutch to his hearts' content. No sane referee I've ever met is gonna scold or deduct a guy for holding and let the other guy butt, elbow, low blow, and all that shit in the same vein. It'd be a one way ticket to a protest, and shit like that DOES get overturned in this sport.

Of course, you could also be that guy in Ottke-Reid, who penalized Reid for punching Ottke in the face, but I think we're assuming that guy ISN'T in the ring for this one, and if he was, he'd probably favor Wlad (European).
Rocky didn't abuse anybody unless they did to him first.....He was concerned for the saftey of every fighter he faced and always genuinely wished them the best of luck before a fight.......He didn't train like a Spartan and put in more prep than anybody else just to have the intention of winning by foul............That being said if you lowballed him he'd rightfully get you back and if Wlad wants to try hug him to death Rock will make him pay the price 100% with a barrage of endless power shots the like of which he's never felt.......You have to of experienced the pain of liver shots to know what a game changer they are and all it takes his one.........They will sap his engery and without his power he might as well quit on his stool if he managed escaped a ko in the first few rounds.

Last edited by dinovelvet; 03-12-2013 at 10:16 AM.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #1282
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Rocky didn't abuse anybody unless they did to him first.....He was concerned for the saftey of every fighter he faced and always genuinely wished them the best of luck before a fight.......He didn't train like a Spartan and put in more prep than anybody else just to have the intention of winning by foul............That being said if you lowballed him he'd rightfully get you back and if Wlad wants to try hug him to death Rock will make him pay the price 100% with a barrage of endless power shots the like of which he's never felt.......You have to of experienced the pain of liver shots to know what a game changer they are and all it takes his one.........They will sap his engery and without his power he might as well quit on his stoll if he managed escaped a ko in the first few rounds.
i have and i know. and i still don't think rocky lands it
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #1283
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,610
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Bump.
You troll
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #1284
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A cut above my left nose
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post
Wladimir has to wear his opponents down or they quit on him because they cant cope for his power to be effective. He wouldn't wear Rock down(Joe Louis nails him right on the chin) his constant moving,hard punching,superior footwork(Wlad has never fought a man who was capable of launching himself from a squat crouch). Rocky is the superior fighter who are you kidding? Size?? He was outweighed by most of his opponents. He fought tougher competition who despite taking a beating never once quit because of it.
Ibragimov, Chagaev and Haye were all capable of launching themselves from a crouch. Brewster and even Peter were capable of throwing leaping hooks with plenty of mustard on them.

Rocky's left was surprisingly fast for a man so generally lacking in speed, but it wasn't anything that Wlad hadn't seen before. It was also a very short shot, and those can be difficult to land flush against men substantially taller than yourself.

Whilst there's definitely a mental aspect to Wlad's wearing down tactics, there's a physical aspect as well. And a man of Rocky's size and hittability (relative to Wlad's accuracy I mean) would be shipping major punishment on a consistent basis for many rounds. There's nothing to suggest that he holds up to such punishment without going down at some point. Rocky could be hurt, he could be dropped. On every occasion he was to pull the cat out of the bag, but to say he would do so against a fighter of Wlad's size and skill level is a rather bold gamble.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #1285
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
**** this thread.
blasphemy!!
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #1286
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A cut above my left nose
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
**** this thread.
Bah, you've got no stamina.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #1287
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I gassed about 20 pages ago.
only 3 more pages man, "you're blowin it son...you're blowin it!"
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #1288
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A cut above my left nose
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I gassed about 20 pages ago.
Don't go all Wlad/Purrity on us now.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #1289
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 964
vCash: 8060
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
Don't go all Wlad/Purrity on us now.
I do want to congratulate Dinovelvet for having p4p the strongest chin ever
obviousalt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #1290
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by obviousalt View Post
I do want to congratulate Dinovelvet for having p4p the strongest chin ever
he's like george chuvalo in this thread...it's gonna take his wife screaming at the ref to end it
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013