Old 03-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #1366
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post
Forgotten more about boxing then I will ever know? Bring him here lets see.

Get ur tongue out of his ass. Wlad beat him so Wlad beats Rocky? Is he saying he's better then Rocky?, Maybe it's because the point everyone else is making big and strong.
So you know more than a guy who has been at the top level of amateur and pro boxing for 2 decades because you own a video game meant for a 12 year old.

Is there any more proof needed that this board has gone to ****?
Seamus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 02:10 AM   #1367
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
So you know more than a guy who has been at the top level of amateur and pro boxing for 2 decades because you own a video game meant for a 12 year old.

Is there any more proof needed that this board has gone to ****?
Do you want to point out where I said I know more this then guy?

Unless he has fought Marciano his opinion is as strong as yours and mine.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 03:16 AM   #1368
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 8060

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post
Do you want to point out where I said I know more this then guy?

Unless he has fought Marciano his opinion is as strong as yours and mine.
Rocky was a 185 pound man, it's fair to assume he stands no chance against a top level/elite 245 pound man.
Weight divisions were invented for a reason.
obviousalt is online now  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #1369
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Care to imagine how you, anonymous, modernsized heavyweight, would fare against a fighter such as Marciano?

Me?

I'd have a round or two to make my explosive, modern, big punching ass the boss in the fight. If that worked? I think I could get it done. 9 of ten times, when I hurt a guy, thats it, early night. If it didn't? Trouble. Long fight with a bruiser like that, tiny ass man though he was? Not something I'd relish.

How often did a guy impose on Rocky like that? Not often. In all honesty, I don't think I'd take that fight cheap. I'd probably actually try to slim down a bit, rather than bulk up, to try to get more rounds out of this body. Practice my counter right hands: It's a good punch for me, rather crisp and powerful. If I hurt Rock, it'd be with that, I'd imagine. Taking his head off with my hook would be plan be, but I'd need to take it out sparingly. I'd need to jab, hard and often, and move, which is tiring.

Rocky would hound me every step of the way. He'd hit me a lot, I'd imagine. It'd hurt. I don't always punch as straight as I should, so his crouch would probably throw me off too.

Given my experience with Foreman, Holyfield, and Tua, and the relative success I managed to have against them in and out of the gym, I think I'd offer Rocky an argument, personally. I'd have my ways to win that fight. I wouldn't tell my friends and family to go to Vegas on it, though; The guy is a legend with no quit in him who threw shots for days, the second part being the type of guy I sorta struggle with, to be honest. I feel that is as respectful as I can be of a boxing icon I really do respect: I think I'd give him a puzzle to solve, and I think a fight with me would really let him show off what made him great. It'd be a showcase for one of us, that's for sure, and I suppose it's more likely it'd be for him than for me.

I know what it's like to fight a smaller sort of dude who brought big pressure and good power. Nothing on Rocky's level, mind you, this guy wasn't that single-minded or tough in the end, but it was an interesting experience, a surefire challenge. I got the guy out of there late in the fight, but it took me a long time to find the shots I needed to really take it out of him and take over. I'm not convinced it'd matter to Rocky if I found those shots. Wobbly legged, nose hanging off his face, Marciano still FOUGHT like an animal. Given that experience, I think if I signed for this fight, it'd be a pie in the sky sort of fight. One I'd take for the chance and the challenge, but not one I'd guarantee I'd win. I don't have Wlad's skill at range, his jab, his stamina(He's a world class athlete, and I just never did figure out conditioning like he did), and I frankly didn't like to hold, so I wouldn't have a lot of the edges he would.

Assuming we're discussing me in my early 30's, late 20's, of course. Now, I'm an old ass man, and he'd put it on me. I wouldn't even take the fight. Nobody needs those problems.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #1370
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Eddie Chambers ****in' whipped Goral and Dimitrenko. Magna was good also by all accounts.

I'm taking their word on this.
This is the first time anybody has ever said this about me on these forums that I can recall, who wasn't related to me or sleeping with a cousin of mine or some ****.

You know this makes you and me blood brothers, right? My wolf pack has one more canine.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #1371
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
I still have not seen Vlad in there against a great fighter with a great punch. I think he is one of the best of the big men but not without flaws. He has a very tight defense and fights very carefully and I think we all know his past losses have a lot to do with the way he fights. Taking Marciano in a time machine from 1952-1955 may be a tough task because mainly of the size and modern muscle add technique but Marciano was still a great fighter and Vlad has certainly NOT fought anyone near great. Lets put it this way lets leave Marciano out of this conversation for a minute and lets install Joe Louis, who has less of a size difference and a proven record against big men....would many of the people on this board be willing to bet their house on Vlad vs Louis or would they be confident to bet anything substantial ...we can all speak boldly but we also know these fights can not happen...but If they were possible I would be putting a large sum on Louis
Thats a good point and was touched upon 50 or so pages back but has been conviently ignored since......If Wlads size is the only deciding factor then it stands to reason Louis and to a lesser extent Prime Tyson must not stand a chance either........
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #1372
superman1692
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Wait a second, has Eddie Chambers commented in this thread?? What's his username?
superman1692 is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #1373
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Thats a good point and was touched upon 50 or so pages back but has been conviently ignored since......If Wlads size is the only deciding factor then it stands to reason Louis and to a lesser extent Prime Tyson must not stand a chance either........
It isn't the only deciding factor.

Joe Louis was also bigger than most in his age, he was heavier than 72% of the men he faced.
Prime Tyson had a weight advantage 60% of the time, and many fights the weights were extremely close.

Most men in top 10 ATG hw lists outweighed the majority of their opposition.
Marciano and Holyfield might be the only exceptions.

But having a bigger frame is a big advantage
Old 03-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #1374
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
vCash: 1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
This is the first time anybody has ever said this about me on these forums that I can recall, who wasn't related to me or sleeping with a cousin of mine or some ****.

You know this makes you and me blood brothers, right? My wolf pack has one more canine.
I'm still trying to figure out who the hell you are
Jorodz is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #1375
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
Actually he's Wladimir if he was Vitali it would be strange he didn't post in tko6.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #1376
outtieDrake
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

fun fact , most of klitchko's opponents were obese.

he got knocked down by samual mother ****ing peter and beat by a 23-13 fighter

marciano could take a **** in his mouth.
outtieDrake is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #1377
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtieDrake View Post
fun fact , most of klitchko's opponents were obese.

he got knocked down by samual mother ****ing peter and beat by a 23-13 fighter

marciano could take a **** in his mouth.
Funfact:Marciano got knocked down by an ex welter who got knocked down 4 times in 10 rounds by a blown up welter.

See what I did?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #1378
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
Its a bit ignorant to expect people to lap up those grand claims while hiding his idenity ....That lenghtly post that was meant to be about him and Marciano but was riddled with subliminal reasons relating back to Wlad being victorious....Something about him dont sit right with me.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #1379
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I've said it before, I reckon I know who magna is... His post is probably something I'd agree with actually.

I think it more likely rocky outlasts him but it wouldn't be a huge surprise to me if he did it in the first 3.

The guy I'm thinking is obviosuly world class. I say anyone who's held a world ranking is world class by definition.

Dino is just a puff
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #1380
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

Im a puff? You've openly admitted you never took a body punch or felt the hurt from one in your life.

Magna said he never figured out conditioning like he did, well neither did Wlad , he had a team of boffins to do it for him while also fighting at a pace that prevents him from gasing out. Theres nothing to figure out, he doesn't over exert himself , conserves his energy, wears down his opponent and gets the victory. Its not complicated.
Things he say dont ring true. If he wanted to be anonymous he should of stayed anonymous Prove who you are or dont make such claims.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum