Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 05:15 AM   #1
mitch12
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
vCash: 1000
Default mayweather vs marciano

who would win prime against prime
mitch12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2007, 05:25 AM   #2
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: March for Revenge
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 2137
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

Bang! Zoom! Rocky by murder.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:27 AM   #3
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 887
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

marciano with the first clean punch.
ripcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:52 AM   #4
Maxmomer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,690
vCash: 619
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

The Rockster lands a glancing blow that tears Mayweather's face clean off. Marciano TKO 1 Mayweather by Face Removal. And if he landed on the body Mayweather would probably throw up, shit his pants and piss blood all at once.
Maxmomer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:20 AM   #5
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,545
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

Why have peopls started matching tiny little men with one of the hardest punchers ever to have breathed?

Marciano KO1.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:38 AM   #6
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: March for Revenge
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 2137
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
Why have peopls started matching tiny little men with one of the hardest punchers ever to have breathed?

Marciano KO1.
Probably the same people who match 5'10" 185 pound Rocky with 6'5" 250 pound Lennox Lewis.
Actually, proportionally speaking, Mayweather-Marciano is probably the fairer fight.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:41 AM   #7
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,545
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury
Probably the same people who match 5'10" 185 pound Rocky with 6'5" 250 pound Lennox Lewis.
Actually, proportionally speaking, Mayweather-Marciano is probably the fairer fight.
Why do you say that? Lewis can hit harder but no by much. You see a significant difference in their punch resistance?

Basically, Marciano v Lewis has these possible results; Lewis on points, Marciano on points, Lewis by KO, Lewis by TKO, Marciano by KO, Marciano by TKO, Lewis by DQ. All of these results are possible. Competitive.

Marciano v Mayweather has only one possible result, so it's not competitive.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:47 AM   #8
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: March for Revenge
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 2137
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
Why do you say that? Lewis can hit harder but no by much. You see a significant difference in their punch resistance?

Basically, Marciano v Lewis has these possible results; Lewis on points, Marciano on points, Lewis by KO, Lewis by TKO, Marciano by KO, Marciano by TKO, Lewis by DQ. All of these results are possible. Competitive.

Marciano v Mayweather has only one possible result, so it's not competitive.
What I meant with the above is that size-wise, Mayweather is closer to Rocky than Rocky is to Lennox, thus the 'fairer' fight.
Maybe Rocky would be competitive against Lewis, I don't know. The size difference is huge though.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:48 AM   #9
mitch12
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

i wonder if floyyd would talk shit to marciano like he does to other opponents
mitch12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #10
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,545
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury
What I meant with the above is that size-wise, Mayweather is closer to Rocky than Rocky is to Lennox, thus the 'fairer' fight.
Maybe Rocky would be competitive against Lewis, I don't know. The size difference is huge though.
The size difference doesn't interest me more than any other given attribute. In that case I would tend to agree with you but it's more to do with the Lewis jab/defencive infighting combination than the size difference full stop.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #11
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,545
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch12
i wonder if floyyd would talk shit to marciano like he does to other opponents

I think he would find the civil tongue in his head the closer it came to fight time.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:57 AM   #12
mitch12
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad Spencer
Mayweather TKO9. The slow, uncoordinated Marciano would not be able to keep up with Floyd's speed. Floyd lands punches any time he wants, and eventually cuts Marciano's face to shreds.
lol ok thats funny i gota say marciano would just laugh at him.
mitch12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:58 AM   #13
Maxmomer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,690
vCash: 619
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
I think he would find the civil tongue in his head the closer it came to fight time.
Yeah, after he saw Rocky working his 300 pound heavy bag he'd probably forget how to talk.
Maxmomer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:02 AM   #14
mitch12
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

to be honest this fight would never happen anyways i mean would floyd have the guts to fight a prime marciano i doubt it.
mitch12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #15
C. M. Clay II
Manassah's finest!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 1000
Default Re: mayweather vs marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabby Gut
I see Mayweather winning a fairly lopsided decision. Marciano was knocked down twice and cut in his great career. Mayweather, on the other hand, has never tasted the canvas and has shown a granite chin. He could even stay on the ropes and block most of Rocky's punches. He's a better fighter than Marciano, a better dancer than Michael Jackson, a better rapper than 50 cent.


Mayweather by unanimous decision and possible even by stoppage late.
C. M. Clay II is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013