Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
A-50
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 266
vCash: 1000
Default Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Since it seems there are many people here who think Ruiz was a fighter that fought within the rules and has such a great resume let's look at him for a second.


KOed by Tua in 19 seconds

Lost to not one but TWO former Middleweights (Jones/Toney)

His style was so boring and pathetic it caused a referee to make a mercy stoppage versus Oquendo for the fans (I can never remember seeing this since)

Has to fake low blows to beat Kirk Johnson (pathetic)

Glass Jaw Roy Jones handpicks you to win a Heavyweight Paper Title (this should be the real evidence that Ruiz is horrible)

The only reason Ruiz "won" a belt was King thought he could create a Latino PPV Heavyweight star to the huge Latino fanbase, too bad the fighter he picked for this was boring and just basically a club fighter. King's plan backfired.


Ruiz is a terrible fighter with a cheating "style" end of story.
A-50 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 994
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

um.....ok? whats your point. fact is he has one of the better resume's of active HWs sure he was boring and irritating to watch. but hey to each there own.
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:20 AM   #3
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Spot on A-50.

When's the chin list update coming?
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50

Ruiz is a terrible fighter with a cheating "style" end of story.
But you like him apart from that?
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
A-50
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwasthegreatest
um.....ok? whats your point. fact is he has one of the better resume's of active HWs sure he was boring and irritating to watch. but hey to each there own.

the point is his resume is shit. It is garbage.
A-50 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
the point is his resume is shit. It is garbage.
Most don't count losses in a resume, I do however.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:37 AM   #7
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobkhan
Oh, another one joins the "not-to-be-taken-serious"-club alongside Zakman and Amsterdam.
Why am I not to be taken serious? Because I tell it like it is and you don't like it?
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:41 AM   #8
A-50
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Why am I not to be taken serious? Because I tell it like it is and you don't like it?
Many people here have agendas.
A-50 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:44 AM   #9
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: in a boxing gym near you
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
the point is his resume is shit. It is garbage.
If his resume is garbage, Vitali Klitschko's is a step below garbage right?
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:44 AM   #10
EpsilonAxis
HNIC
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pop pop pop!
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 2296
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Ok, let's look at it based on what actually happened...

Lost in 19 seconds to Tua.
Went 1-1-1 with Holyfield (i thought he won 2 of those fights, however).
BEAT Kirk Johnson after Johnson VICIOUSLY lowblowed him 4+ times.
Beat Fres Oquendo convincingly.
Lost to RJJ.
Beat Hasim Rahman convincingly.
Beat Andrew Golota.
NC against Toney who tested positive for drug use.
Lost to Valuev in controversial fashion.
Lost to Chagaev in non-controversial fashion.

Overall, he has fought a great list of fighters. All your allegations are proofless. He's a guy who could always go 12 tough rounds, and who never had a single tuneup fight for 5+ years. VERY few fighters have fought on the highest echelon of the division so consistently.
EpsilonAxis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #11
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,227
vCash: 576
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Like I want to look at Ruiz again.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #12
A-50
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpsilonAxis
Ok, let's look at it based on what actually happened...

Lost in 19 seconds to Tua.
Went 1-1-1 with Holyfield (i thought he won 2 of those fights, however).
BEAT Kirk Johnson after Johnson VICIOUSLY lowblowed him 4+ times.
Beat Fres Oquendo convincingly.
Lost to RJJ.
Beat Hasim Rahman convincingly.
Beat Andrew Golota.
NC against Toney who tested positive for drug use.
Lost to Valuev in controversial fashion.
Lost to Chagaev in non-controversial fashion.



Overall, he has fought a great list of fighters. All your allegations are proofless. He's a guy who could always go 12 tough rounds, and who never had a single tuneup fight for 5+ years. VERY few fighters have fought on the highest echelon of the division so consistently.

He did not beat Rahman convincingly or Oquendo. Up until the referee mercy stoppage against Oquendo, I could not even score a round in that fight there was so much holding, grabbing, and hugging going on. Same for the Rahman fight, way to much holding and grabbing to even score the damn rounds. What a farce both those fights were.
A-50 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:22 AM   #13
mightyd40
Spartan
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: otown
Posts: 1,135
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

i cant make it the full second without getting bored out of my mind so i will pass
mightyd40 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:23 AM   #14
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
He did not beat Rahman convincingly or Oquendo. Up until the referee mercy stoppage against Oquendo, I could not even score a round in that fight there was so much holding, grabbing, and hugging going on. Same for the Rahman fight, way to much holding and grabbing to even score the damn rounds. What a farce both those fights were.
But just because you don't like the way a fight was fought doesnt mean you can discredit the win.
Guru_Too_You is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #15
yoshimura
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 52
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

ha haha I love it how the Ruiz fans always claim that after Golota destroyed him for two rounds, 'he made a comeback winning the next eight'.

Did Ruiz not 'win' those rounds by initiating more clinches than throwing punches???

If so, how is this boxing?

Also, how was it that he got a pont taken away for holding at the begining and then, as the holding increased, no more points were taken?
yoshimura is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013