Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #31
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811
Default Re: i'm never watching another hatton fight again........

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
Someone's looking a right cunt in this thread.
Don't worry, I think he's getting used to it.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 11:20 AM   #32
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
There you go you useless twat....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Let's alll......

RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #33
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
No way. Floyd is always boring and a safett first type fighter.
just like wlad and his jab jab grab style.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #34
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
just like wlad and his jab jab grab style.
The resulting KO's that Wlad's style produces are worth it no? Highlight reel material no doubt.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:47 AM   #35
The Italarican
Pretty Good Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Hate to say it, but I'd rather watch Mayweather than Hatton too. I really like Hatton and respect his tenacity, but I find his style rather frustrating to watch. For me there's just too much that looks like it should be boxing but isn't. I feel almost teased. Others consider Mayweather quite boring, but I enjoy the build of watching him dissect an opponent or deliver a sudden crisp, clean, accurate shot. I'm not trying to be disrespectful. It's just a matter of taste.
The Italarican is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #36
Drusome
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I don't know what alot of you were watching last night - I've seen more clinching and far fewer punches thrown in many other fights.

I thought that was partly because of Cortez who was on both fighters cases from the opening bell but whatever it was it was a pretty good scrap while it lasted.

I think the clinching complaints were more due to Hatton's reputation than reality.

Hatton got away with murder in the Tsyzu fight but last night it was nothing but a great win but a fighter who really knows how to mix it up on the inside.
Drusome is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #37
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 823

Who cares if hes not gonna watch another Hatton fight? Couldnt you have posted your comment in a diffrent Hatton thread instead of making your own?

cough attention whore cough
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #38
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzOr
Who cares if hes not gonna watch another Hatton fight? Couldnt you have posted your comment in a diffrent Hatton thread instead of making your own?

cough attention whore cough
hey attention whore no one asked you to come in, looks like quiet a few people are interested in what i had to say, why dont you go to another one of your polish express' and kiss rumsfeld's ass?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:39 PM   #39
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
hey attention whore no one asked you to come in, looks like quiet a few people are interested in what i had to say, why dont you go to another one of your polish express' and kiss rumsfeld's ass?

The guy that Masterbates to those stupid Superhero videos?

lol........
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:59 PM   #40
The Italarican
Pretty Good Poster
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusome
I don't know what alot of you were watching last night - I've seen more clinching and far fewer punches thrown in many other fights.

I thought that was partly because of Cortez who was on both fighters cases from the opening bell but whatever it was it was a pretty good scrap while it lasted.

I think the clinching complaints were more due to Hatton's reputation than reality.

Hatton got away with murder in the Tsyzu fight but last night it was nothing but a great win but a fighter who really knows how to mix it up on the inside.
My girlfriend is a new boxing fan. She had never seen him fight but really liked him from the prefight press. She's also shown to have decent insight as a fight is going on. It took her about 2 minutes to ask why Hatton was grabbing so much.

It wasn't as bad as his last 2 fights, but it wasn't just reputation. It's Hatton.
The Italarican is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 01:34 PM   #41
Lar Janus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I like Ricky Hatton, think he's a stand-up guy, trains his ass off, shows much love to his fans, is pretty clever, and respectful. That said, its hard to overlook his grappling style of boxing (in his two biggest fights, KT & JLC) and the FACT that he's gotten favorable treatment from the refs in BOTH of the above-mentioned fights.

I was VERY disappointed w/last night's fight! JLC looked a little wobbly, the first couple of rounds, but when he DOES start working his way into the fight, in the third, Joe "I'm fair but firm" [BULLSHIT!] Cortez--after having said in front of EVERYONE that Hatton's shorts were high--starts warning JLC for phantom low blows! There were shades of Manchester and KT, when Hatton looked over at Cortez, after getting hit with a shot clearly NOT low, as if to say, "Hey, mate, you're not gonna let him hit me with body shots, are you?" . Then, at the beginning of the fourth he IMMEDIATELY deducts a point for a shot that wasn't even close to being low! Hatton, meanwhile, contrary to BOXING rules, uses non-stop grappling to maul JLC--with ZERO warnings from Joe "I'm a tool" Cortez. So, we have a fight where one fighter (JLC) is not allowed to throw body-shots, while the other can hold/hit, at will.

I think JLC knew the 'fix' was in, and that he was gonna get DQ'd, if he tried to work the body--which HAD to be a big part of his game plan. I believe Hatton landed a great body shot, but that JLC just stayed down. I hate to see that, and even SAY it, but the bias was unmistakable. Boxing is getting to be as bad as pro-wrestling. It's getting harder and harder to support it, and I've lost a TON of respect (like it HAD much left, anyways!) for the sport with shit like PBF/DLH, Spinks/JT, and, now, Hatton/JLC.

For the Hatton fans: again, don't get me wrong, nothing against Hatton--he's just maximizing the advantages he's being given--he's a class act, outside the ring, and does what he has to, to win, inside. Its just a side effect of the crookedness of the sanctioning bodies, networks, promoters, judges, and referees--that have become the norm in boxing.
Lar Janus is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #42
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvooh
As you well know, that liver shot would pu anyone down...HAd Castillo landed it on Hatton, the results would be the same. Ricky was way undersize, atleast armlength wise, to stick and move against JCs' reach...so he fought more inward, and tieing up becaomes automatic, but both fighters were punching as they were clinching
so what are you trying to say?? i'm not taking away credit from hatton for winning the fight, i am saying it was boring.

how do you explain the clinching in the urango and collazo fight?
Old 06-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #43
MancMexican
Blood & Guts Forever
ESB Addict

Hatton's clinching against collazo and urango was bad, especially against urango and were used because he was having a very hard time in both fights. The clinching was nowhere near as bad against Castillo, but it was still there, and I don't like it. Having said that, it's not as if that's all he does, throw a couple to score and grab, against Castillo it was a scrappy kind of fighting and they were rarely clinched for long, and he did plenty of extra good work. I watched it on setanta and didnt have punch stats, but I would like to see them for the first 4 rounds, I expect them to be pretty active. It seems to me that Hatton is so active and ferocious on the attack the rest of the time that it balances out the clinching, which are the only moments when the action stops. No pot shotting, posing, or moving around the ring doing nothing instead.
MancMexican is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:48 PM   #44
Chiko_Tech
Belt holder
ESB Addict

for me his style bored me to death. I hope he gets koed so he can,t stop his hugging stile.
Chiko_Tech is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #45
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

you's guys who go on about clinching really havn't got a clue.
ron u.k. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum