Old 09-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #31
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: A Mayweather Revisionist's worst nightmare:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Too_You
There's been another thread circulating the past few days about the supposed "ducking" that Mayweather has done in his career, and I find it quite laughable. I don't know if the individuals (C MONEY) who are Mayweather detractors were even fans of the sport at the time, for I have no idea why they can't remember how things went down throughout Floyd's career, especially the younger years.

Regarding Spadafora C Money, since you seem to have a hard on over that one, while Mayweather was beating the universally recognized man at 135 in Jose Luis Castillo, Spadafora was squeaking by Angel Manfredy, of whom Mayweather had stopped in the second round a year or two before.

Spadafora then went on to fight the amazing Dennis Pedersen in November, while Mayweather was proving his detractors wrong by rematching Jose Luis Castillo.

Spadafora agreed to fight Dorin before Mayweather agreed to fight Sosa. The same Sosa that many members of the media felt was jobbed against Spadafora, when Spadafora hit the canvas twice against Sosa. Spadafora decided to vacate the division following this bout, citing weight problems for his draw against Dorin. And who was the first person that Mayweather challenged when he wanted to move up to 140 after the N'Dou bout? You guessed it, Paul Spadafora. And it wasnt a guarantee that the commission would not agree to sanction the Mayweather-Spadafora bout. You like to spew garbage without knowing the facts. A quick google of the annual ring rankings at lightweight for 2003 will show that Spadafora was unranked, having vacated the division after being ranked behind Castillo and Stevie Johnston the prior two years.

Spadafora agreed to the challenge in February of 2004 before the bout was shot down by the proposed sanctioning body.

Get your facts straight.

And before you go talking up Stevie Johnston, you have to remember that he looked less than stellar in his fights following the Castillo bouts, and by the time that Floyd and Jose Luis were finished doing their thing, Johnston was sparked out by Juan Lazcano.

You have you're facts straight???

Please, YOOHOO, I gave you the timeline which is factually TRUE!!!

Spadafora dogged him in the gym in December 99 and floyd refused to consider any offers UNTIL Spadafora hit REHAB after Dorin in 2003. Got news 4 ya, i was around when the offer came in, just days after Spat entered rehab. Spadafora had the IBF 135 title from 9/99 Until mid 2003.

The fight fell through because the "neutral" site which was to be in New York wouldnt license the event based on Spadafora's legal troubles. Floyds original offer was to have the bout take place in GRAND RAPIDS.

This post of your's is quite possibly the weakest bunch of shit I've heard yet. You call that factual?? STFU!!!

BTW, who did Floyd fight after Castillo?? SOSA?? The same guy Spadafora beat in 2000 Sorry, genius, that wasnt a questioned win Yes Spadafora was down but he showed the heart of a champion, got up and WON THE DAMN FIGHT!!!!

How come Floyd waited 2 and 1/2 years and for REHAB to make an offer??

The best part of you're shit is Floyd moving to 40 and challenging Spadafora What, was floyd gonna go to jail and fight him??

You get you're "facts" straight and keep yanking you're weasel
Get that clown ass response outta here
C Money is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #32
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBaseHead
So you think me, him and the another guy are lying? That's three people who said Floyd's debut at 147 was down to two opponents, Casamayor and Mitchell. Why would we make that that up?

This is the MOST IDIOTIC ****ing series of posts that I've ever read on this forum, and that's saying a lot. Nice "evidence" bro.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #33
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Casamayor is a southpaw too so that one doesn't work.
I know Casa's a lefty.. I said Mitchell was a welterweight southpaw, like Judah, and also a safe fight for Mayweather. Guys take safe fights here and there. That's just the way it is.

Fights don't always materialize. That's a fact shown throughout history. Just because it doesn't materialize it doesn't mean someone was ducking.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #34
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Its clear that Casa was a much more worthy opponant at the time. . . another case of Fraud choosing the path of least resistance - whats new.
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 06:26 PM   #35
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
If you don't believe after the proof I posted, and Casamayor and Floyd being linked in the past that Floyd didn't duck Cass, there's nothing more I can say. Taking a safe fight rather than taking on someone who has been calling you out for years is the definition of ducking.
I don't think Casamayor at 147 is much of a risk either.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #36
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

ownage...complete and thorough

Last edited by M.DeFer; 06-14-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #37
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
You said "Sharmba was new to welterweight" before and now you're saying he's a welterweight. Well Casamayor would've been new to welterweight too, so if you're calling Sharba a welter you gotta call Cassy a welter too.

Casamayor weighed 131 for his last fight at the time around 2005, and was fighting at 130 and 135 for basically his whole career. Mitchell had been at 140 for about a decade, and had fought at WW before. I said it was "new" meaning he was fighting at an elite level at 140 for awhile, although he had fought at 147 before in the past, like how many guys weigh a lot more for the lesser fights, but move down when it comes to fighting at a higher level.

I don't really think Casamayor at 147 or a 2005 version of Mitchell was much of a threat, honestly.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #38
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
ownage...complete and thorough
Of what??

He nor you have provided any factual basis against the truth in the case of Spadafora. In fact Yoohoo just made more of a clown of himself with his half-ass "search" that turns up crap.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #39
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Do you think Floyd would've KO'd him or beaten him as easily as Mitchell?
Don't know. I don't really think much of Mayweather's win over faded Mitchell and if he had beaten Casamayor at 147, I wouldn't have thought much of it either.

Quote:
You're turning this into a whole new topic though as I have already proved my point.

Btw, Cass has come into fights at 145.
When?
Old 09-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #40
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
I really don't know why you people don't believe things without seeing proof but here it is AGAIN

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I'm talking about the official weigh-in, the day before the fight.

Not a special weigh-in for the likes of Chico and Castillo who can't make weight.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #41
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
OMG, That's what he weighed on fight night. How could he weigh 145 for a lightweight fight. I assumed you meant how much he weighs on fight night.
I was referring to the offical weigh-in. If it was fight day weight, then you'd have all kinds of guys weighing in at crazy amounts.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #42
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Don't know about Spaddy, but Casamayor has been proven.
Search the forum for "Spadafora vs Mayweather EXclusive Video" thread and you'll find not only the video but the timeline of events.

It has the groupies panties twisted so tight, that yoohoo started this thread in a pathetically weak attempt at discrediting it.

In that same thread, i advocate that Floyd should have faced Casa at 130. Since the same groupies act as if Floyd ruled 30 in supreme fashion and left no challengers. Something which is clearly bullshit. Floyd has avoided, ducked, or not faced certain opposition in every weight class.

In truth, I believe Casa was relevant at 30 rather than 47 and believe Floyd had more advantage at that point. Clearly Mitchell was a bs opponent and it was the excuse to quickly move to 47 while clamoring for Judah and DLH, instead of waiting it out at 140 UNTIL HATTONS CONTRACT WITH FRANK ****** EXPIRED!!! Which was the real reason that Team hatton turned down Floyds "offers" at 40. When that was up? Gee Floyds already at 47. Team hatton then got the HBO deal and figured 3 fights would build the fight and adjust Hatton to 47.

ALL in all, at least that fight is finally happening, though it truly should have happened at 40.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 07:17 PM   #43
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit
While you are correct RobBaseHead I still don't think Floyd ducked Joel. I think he just looked at it like a high risk low reward type deal. I think Floyd would have wether fought a guy who has fought at welter before instead of fighting Joel at that weight. But 140 or 135 would have been a good fight when Floyd campaigned at that weight.
Ask yourself why floyds never unified at any weight???

Hey, maybe Floyds superman with gloves, but the proof is in the pudding. I hope that he reverses the trend at 47.

Floyd left casa and Freitas on the table at 130. Either man would have been a better opponent than Hernandez in the last fight of a fourteen year career Not that Hernandez was a bad opponent, it was for the lineal title, but clearly, PBF, Corrales, Casamayor, and Freitas all had belts at 30 at the same time. Floyd actually went back down to 30 to catch Corrales when he was having issues and facing incarceration.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #44
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

I just think that Floyd didnt literally duck guys. I mean in a fight it aint always up to the fighters as we all know..Floyds camp goes for biggest money lowest risk since floyd became a p4p fighter. I mean when floyd fought a bum like gatti and made it to a headline ppv he realized the money is not with the quality of fighter but with the quality of the name. If you noticed floyd only goes after big names..ODH is the biggest name in the sport and has made many boxers rich. Though floyd did not fight CASA he did not take it light at 130. All of the guys he fought there were top guys and contenders..And to my boy and lawyer if I ever get locked up Cmoney. I just think Floyd is not a scared fighter..He has been in the ring and against fighters who were legit threats and he never showed any fear. Thats the only reason I cant get down with the ducking..Spaddy whooped floyd in sparring and it probably hurt his ego as you said he thought he could just jump in there and whoop him. But in a real fight I dont think Spaddy would win but he would not be a lame duck.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #45
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit
I agree I hope he reverses the trend too but I don't think it will happen though. You see at 47 you got a guy like Paul williams who is a stylistic nightmare for Floyd and fighting guys like Cintron might be a high risk low reward type deal as well. I like Floyd as a fighter and all some solid points has been made by both sides.

My favorite example is SRL vs Thomas Hearns, beating the best makes you're legend REAL!!!!!

Talking risk/reward, stylistic issues, etc?? Well thats more cherry picking and is what Floyds always done.

Many of the Clowns(not lumping you in that group) dislike my criticism of Floyd, yet I've always maintained that if PBF turns it around and beats the best at 47?? I'll give him his proper respect. That takes proof, not speculation
C Money is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum