boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
Dipset
Dipset4Ever
ESB Addict

vCash: 639
Default Could Ward Walk Down Pavlik, Cloud, Bute or Dirrell?

Thoughts please brothers...
Dipset is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
Big Left
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Could Ward Walk Down Pavlik, Cloud, Bute or Dirrell?

Walk down would not be the way I would put it, but he would get inside and rough them up.
Big Left is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
bailey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipset View Post
Think Ward would stay close to Pavlik and take away his power. Pavlik has been badly exposed a couple of times now, so think Ward would follow that blueprint.
Cloud looked lucky to some against G Johnson and against Campillo seemed lucky. Think we know that Cloud wpuld not trouble Ward too much.
Bute, now I think Ward may struggle a bit in this one if Bute isnt ruined by Froch. Bute has a good body shot and can move when he wants.
Ward ducked Bute and we would know why if they fought.
Close fight where both could have moments
Dirrell I think would mentally cave in to Ward, when Ward illegally holds and hits him, I think Dirrell will be looking to the ref and trying to hang on more than fight.

N Cleverly would be a good fight for Ward at LHW
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Out of those guys, I'd pick him to stop everyone except Dirrell. I really think Ward will stop some people in the coming year(s), he's excelling.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipset View Post
He'd beat Pavlik pillar to post until the fight was stopped. Pavlik has NO ability adjust and neither does Cloud, but at least Cloud is stronger than Pavlik and can be taught. At this point, I'd say Ward WOULD walk down Pavlik all night and stop him.
Cloud.....well, Cloud has some massive power, but his footwork is atrocious. I figure Ward would keep this fight at the distance and work his jab to get in and out without being hit. Ward would win a wide UD vs Cloud.

Dirrel.....well, Dirrel is the faster in both hands and feet, but when he's pressure, his footwork goes to hell and he starts doing the splits and flopping around. Ward can time his shots well, and Dirrel has highly suspect punch resistance and no heart to fight on. Ward would time one of Dirrel duck and run moves and catch him, drop him then take his heart. Ward T/KO.

Bute......Ward would win a close decision with his in and out style, but he could be KOd if he stayed in the pocket too long.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
Henke67
One of the 45%
ESB Addict

Location: Our revenge will be in the laughter of our children

He'd beat all of them in his usual way. I think Cloud could give him a decent, Sakio Bika-type fight but all these guys would lose.
Henke67 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
boxingboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

He could walk them all down except dirrell. Dirrell is faster then ward. Dirrell also has the reach advantage I believe. Ward would try to get inside on dirrell but I see dirrell throwing that fast jab and keeping ward for the most part away from him.
boxingboy is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
pasky2000
Champion
East Side Guru

Well, lets put it this way, walking down implies coming straight in without giving much angles. Not a good thing versus any fighter with quick hands.

Here is how he should fight versus these fighters for better results :

Against Pavlik = He can pull a Hopkins from the outside or keep it on the inside and have as much success all night.

Against Cloud = He should not keep it on the inside as I see Cloud hurting him eventually. He should outbox him from the outside like he did against Kessler.

Against Bute = He definitely should keep it on the inside while keeping that left hook in check.

Against Dirrell = He should keep it on the inside and on the ropes like with Green.

Last edited by pasky2000; 10-28-2012 at 02:38 PM.
pasky2000 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think some underestimate Cloud because of his fight with Campillo, yes Ward would win but it's going to be very uncomfortable for him he he goes on the inside. If there's anything Cloud is good at it's throwing bombs on the inside
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #10
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotPunch View Post
I think some underestimate Cloud because of his fight with Campillo, yes Ward would win but it's going to be very uncomfortable for him he he goes on the inside. If there's anything Cloud is good at it's throwing bombs on the inside
Bull**** -- Zuniga BAFFLED Cloud with a very basic technic: jab your way in, fire a combo, jab your way out. Cloud did not have a clue what to do about that. That's why Zuniga went the distance with Cloud YEARS AFTER KP stooped Z, and not long after Bute stopped him.
booradley is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum