IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Valid point mate....Mundine is way overdue

You took that long to come up with that?

Get ****ed
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 04:53 AM   #167
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

off the top of your head how many of those guys won. Anthony Mundine would love to fight Sturm but not in Germany. Ask Danny Green why.
balmain is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 04:57 AM   #168
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
off the top of your head how many of those guys won. Anthony Mundine would love to fight Sturm but not in Germany. Ask Danny Green why.
youre kidding right?

1st time he was rightly DQ'ed for headbutting as he was starting to lose.

2nd time he was schooled.
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 05:41 AM   #169
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
The point I am making is that it isn't as hard as the Mundine nuthuggers claim to make these fights.

Besides, Mundine has no experience of being robbed in Germany, he was beaten quite convincingly by Ottke.

Just another excuse from Mundine the duck. Sturm isn't the only champ in the world yet he seems to have fixated on him for well over a year now. Perhaps he should try someone else instead of bleating about corrupt boxing and being ducked? Just a thought
Old 03-04-2010, 05:43 AM   #170
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnight View Post
youre kidding right?

1st time he was rightly DQ'ed for headbutting as he was starting to lose.

2nd time he was schooled.
IMO he was robbed in the first fight, but he was definitely soundly beaten in the rematch.

Regardless, Mundine has never been close to being the victim of dodgy German hometown decisions - in his one and only fight over there he was knocked out cold - no arguing with that particular result.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #171
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post

Just another excuse from Mundine the duck. Sturm isn't the only champ in the world yet he seems to have fixated on him for well over a year now. Perhaps he should try someone else instead of bleating about corrupt boxing and being ducked? Just a thought
Realistically, there are only two fighters in the middleweight division that are worth fighting for Choc - Pavlik and Sturm. They are the two premier fighters in the division.

If the talk is true about trying to get Pavlik and Martinez getting the gig over Choc, well that's fair enough.

As for Sturm, his recent inactivity is kinda puzzling though he did have those issues with his promoter.

I think Mundine is ranked #6 in the IBF, but I don't see a fight with Sylvester all that appealing given Sturm beat him.

But yeah, when Choc is talking about being the best middleweight in the world, it obviously is strange that since the Geale fight in May he hasn't shown us anything, as his fights with Falliga and Medley don't provide much of a guide.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 07:36 AM   #172
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
IMO he was robbed in the first fight, but he was definitely soundly beaten in the rematch.

Regardless, Mundine has never been close to being the victim of dodgy German hometown decisions - in his one and only fight over there he was knocked out cold - no arguing with that particular result.
How do you figure Green was robbed in the first fight with Beyer ? Beyer was very badly cut and Green DELIBERATELY headbutted him directly on said cut. He was quite correctly DQ'd imo.
If the shoe was on the other foot i guarantee no Aussie would say Beyer was robbed if he was the one DQ'd while headbutting Green in similar fashion.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #173
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
If the shoe was on the other foot i guarantee no Aussie would say Beyer was robbed if he was the one DQ'd while headbutting Green in similar fashion.
Agreed!
dominator is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #174
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Mundine really should fight Sturm for free anywhere.

Guarantee you it wouldnt be any harder than his sparring session with Lenny Zap.
teke is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #175
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Valid point mate....Mundine is way overdue
Ya think?
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #176
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Ya think?
Yes he had some fair points.....Mundine is having some problems getting the big fight.....sometimes its hard to get good fights made......and when you are only known in your own country and have great speed and skills it makes it harder to make fights.

Im not saying Pavlik or Sturm are scared of Mundine but they can see his speed and evasion....it will be a tricky night at the office for them.

Pavliks own hometown newspapers were talking about Mundine trying to get a fight with Pavlik.......3 or 4 of the industry pros in here know Mundine is going at Pavlik.

Can anybody tell me why Pavlik fought Espino......I can.....easy win....Espino is tough but will stand right in front of Pavlik all night looking good throwing big shots until Pavlik decides its time to stop him.

Pavlik made a big mistake fighting Espino instead of Mundine......Mundine is much closer to Martinez and PW styles in movement, angles and evasion than Espino ever will be. It would have been the best warm up fight for Pavlik so why take a plodder/ puncher?

End of the day I would be shitting my pants if Mundine fights Pavlik.....I think Mundine will do very well but it always just 1 punch away from the floor
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #177
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Yes he had some fair points.....Mundine is having some problems getting the big fight.....sometimes its hard to get good fights made......and when you are only known in your own country and have great speed and skills it makes it harder to make fights.
If he is even trying, which I doubt anyway, he's demanding too much money.
Does greedy cunt mean anything to you?
Quote:
Im not saying Pavlik or Sturm are scared of Mundine but they can see his speed and evasion....it will be a tricky night at the office for them.
They wouldn't give a **** about Mandy.
Quote:
Pavliks own hometown newspapers were talking about Mundine trying to get a fight with Pavlik.......3 or 4 of the industry pros in here know Mundine is going at Pavlik.

Can anybody tell me why Pavlik fought Espino......I can.....easy win....Espino is tough but will stand right in front of Pavlik all night looking good throwing big shots until Pavlik decides its time to stop him.

Pavlik made a big mistake fighting Espino instead of Mundine......Mundine is much closer to Martinez and PW styles in movement, angles and evasion than Espino ever will be. It would have been the best warm up fight for Pavlik so why take a plodder/ puncher?

End of the day I would be shitting my pants if Mundine fights Pavlik.....I think Mundine will do very well bu
t it always just 1 punch away from the floor
You have nothing to worry about, that fight will never happen.
We can have an avatar bet if you like.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #178
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
How so?
Let's look at that career. His last 'big hitter ' as you put it, was Kessler, which is now 5 years ago.
Mandys career started in 2000, he fought quite a few decent fights between then and 2005, maybe some were even too ambitious, but at least he had balls at that time.

Since the 2005 Kessler loss, what has he done? It's 5 years on and by comparison to the first 1/2 of his career, he's done **** all.

So compared to the first 1/2 of his fighting career, the 2nd 1/2 looks very cowardish to me.I can knock him and I believe I just did. He's a ****en coward for not taking the big fights, regardless of the money.
Don't even start about the belts, that ship sank long ago.
If by way of dodgy judges, stalling tactics, intimidation, and wrongfully ruled KD's, then that's fine by me.
Like I said, next set of unbiased judges had it Geales way, and that pisses you off bad.
In fact if you tally all 6 of the judges scorecards, Geale won.
Suck on that hugger.
So why is he so scared of fighting him again?
Young Geale would take the rematch in a heartbeat.
So, you think these guys are top fighters -
Rashid Matumla
Rico Chong Nee
Ruben Eduardo Acosta
Pablo Daniel Zamora Nievas
Jodea Alberto Clavero
Crazy Kim
Rafeal Sosa Pintos, and of course
Alejandro Gustavo Falliga

These are the guys he's fought since Kessler (aside from the better guys, Geale, etc)
Are they the best that Mandy keep talking about? Is this the 'step up' he's mentioned?
Oh please, don't compare PBF to Mandy.
He whipped green after he had fought kessler. And even though you dont like it he has won 2 titles in the 2nd half of his career. Unless you would work for free you can't knock his earning power. "The man" won the geale fight so dry your eyes the result isn't gonna change ever. Pbf and the man have a lot in common in terms of rhetoric.

Quote:
I wonder if Danny Green would have wanted a rematch had he won. Has anybody noticed everytime Anthony Mundine fights and beats these guys they all scream for a rematch. They make more excuses than a horse trainer. Hopefully his fight coming up in April will be his last in oz. I for one am sick of listening to these guys challenging just to get their name in the paper. Hey fellas like him or not he is the man.
Spot on. All roads lead to "the man". Any concrete names yet?
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #179
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Pbf and the man have a lot in common in terms of rhetoric.
True. Mundine attempts to ape most things PBF says.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #180
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
True. Mundine attempts to ape most things PBF says.
Great minds think alike.
20a87 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum