Old 03-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #196
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Hamden, soliman, taylor are all solid fighter and some of the best your country had to offer...
No doubt they are.
However they aren't the elite fighters that Mandy has claimed he's going to fight over the last 5 years.
Mandy claims he's the best, right. I thought to be the best, you had to fight the best, and win. Do you regard the above named fighters to be best in the world, and worthy of the wo-mans claims?
Quote:
You refuse to believe fights are difficult to make and just keep spouting the same unsubstantiated crap...
I know fights aren't easy to make.
Though do you honestly believe the fights he claims to have pursued couldn't have been made with the appropriate pay cut?
Money talks, both ways.
Quote:
Mundine chased pavlik the fight didn't happen - nothing to do with "the man".
See above. It had everything to do with the wo-man.
Quote:
You keep saying he should take a pay cut etc - you wouldn't (i hope) take food out of your family's mouth on a gamble so why should he?
Firstly, it's hardly like he's destitute now is it. Do you really think he's starving his family if he takes a 10, 20 or even 50% pay cut from a few hundred k of his next fight?
You're just being a moron now.

Secondly, how is it a gamble when he makes money win or lose, just a bit more if he wins. Hardly a bloody gamble.

Thirdly, of course I'd take a pay cut if it led to bigger and better things if I excelled this one time. In a heartbeat.
Quote:
The right fight will get made for the right money like every other business risk and reward is key.
Keep dreamin'.
Sox is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #197
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
If your saying Khoder is paying off judges then why did it take until the 8th round to work out he forgot to pay them
I'd never suggest they'd cheat. Just that they'd prefer mates to score their fights rather than strangers.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #198
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
I'd never suggest they'd cheat. Just that they'd prefer mates to score their fights rather than strangers.
So with the Geale fight why did it take Khoder so long to work out if they are mates or not?

On this I remember Phil Austin...God rest his soul....saying something about the IBO selecting the judges and it had nothing to do with Khoder

I think that rings true as we saw next fight Phill kicked Khoder out for requesting NSW judges
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #199
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
So with the Geale fight why did it take Khoder so long to work out if they are mates or not?

On this I remember Phil Austin...God rest his soul....saying something about the IBO selecting the judges and it had nothing to do with Khoder

I think that rings true as we saw next fight Phill kicked Khoder out for requesting NSW judges
Team Mundine just seem to have more than the usual amount of interest in judges Ash.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #200
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

On the night of the choc /medley fight from the corner I thought he was in complete control. When we looked at the replay the next day I could not believe Gary Dean had only 2 points in the fight. Also Choc landed a left rip that sat Medley onto the middle rope half way through. The ropes held him up but no count. Graham Shaw was telling Medley he had to knock him out but judge Dean had the fight in the balance. And you guys want to talk about judges.
balmain is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 10:10 PM   #201
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
On the night of the choc /medley fight from the corner I thought he was in complete control. When we looked at the replay the next day I could not believe Gary Dean had only 2 points in the fight. Also Choc landed a left rip that sat Medley onto the middle rope half way through. The ropes held him up but no count. Graham Shaw was telling Medley he had to knock him out but judge Dean had the fight in the balance. And you guys want to talk about judges.

Yeah...I think I had choc 9 rounds to 3...but I'm a bit bias....and I cant score

However not even the biggest hater on here could say it was a 7 rounds to 5 fight....and what is 117-115 anyway
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 PM   #202
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Team Mundine just seem to have more than the usual amount of interest in judges Ash.
So they should with the ridiculous scorecard in the Medley fight.
teke is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 10:20 PM   #203
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

What concerned me was Garry Dean is an IBO official. People thought it was the weight that cancelled out the IBO. I can assure you the weight had nothing to do with it. I always said during my career all you want is judges who are fair and a referee who can count. I just hope Gary had an off night.
balmain is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #204
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
You know the rules, all links from you must be at least 12 months old.
ok not quite 12 months but to 20a87 link to Choc saying he would take paycuts to prove himself on the worl.d stage.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #205
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
ok not quite 12 months but to 20a87 link to Choc saying he would take paycuts to prove himself on the worl.d stage.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Good one stiffy....

Suck on that 20a87, you ****en nuthugging knob jockey....

Quote 'Mandy Mandy' just before the big fight with Geale -

"Because after this there is nothing but big fish (Did he mean Falliga?) to fry. I am willing to travel overseas, take a pay cut, just to show the people what I can do, who I am.''

Another ****en lie, what a fraud you guys support.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 10:39 PM   #206
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
What concerned me was Garry Dean is an IBO official. People thought it was the weight that cancelled out the IBO. I can assure you the weight had nothing to do with it. I always said during my career all you want is judges who are fair and a referee who can count. I just hope Gary had an off night.
At least the right fighter actually got the nod - not always the case of course.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #207
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
...Quote Mandy just before the fight with Geale -

"Because after this there is nothing but big fish (Did he mean Falliga?) to fry. I am willing to travel overseas, take a pay cut, just to show the people what I can do, who I am.''
Your bullshit will always come back and bite you!

Particularly when you blurt out crap on a regular basis like our friend the 'Pioneer'!
Old 03-04-2010, 10:52 PM   #208
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Yeah but Khoder never said he was willing to take a pay cut and thats the 1st box that needs to be ticked for any fight to happen.
teke is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #209
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Yeah but Khoder never said he was willing to take a pay cut and thats the 1st box that needs to be ticked for any fight to happen.
In politics they refer to promises they don't intend keeping as a non-core promises?

...perhaps that's what it was Teke?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #210
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Are you saying a Mundine fight would be hard for Pavlik
No, I was just cutting you off at the pass with your criticism of Espino.

Stop looking for a silver-lining every time that piece of shit Mundine is mentioned on here ashley, it got old and boring a long time ago.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum