boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #436
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Yes SOX i do think Geale has good skills...he will win more fights and bring a belt back to the table.

Who said boxing is fair?

Its ok for Mundine nut huggers making the same point...thats what huggers do....but for you...if you keep going on about Geale...people are going to think you're a closet hugger like CHB

Oh wait on...you're already out of the closet
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #437
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Yes SOX i do think Geale has good skills...he will win more fights and bring a belt back to the table.

Who said boxing is fair?

Its ok for Mundine nut huggers making the same point...thats what huggers do....but for you...if you keep going on about Geale...people are going to think you're a closet hugger like CHB

Oh wait on...you're already out of the closet
No question I'm a Geale hugger, I always support people who are honest.
But I loathe dishonest loudmouthed frauds.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #438
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
No question I'm a Geale hugger, I always support people who are honest.
But I loathe dishonest loudmouthed frauds.
Laugh it up while you can mate.
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:54 AM   #439
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Come on mate...you have made your point 10 times about the Geale rematch....I dont think anybody has a problem with what your saying.

I agree I thought it should have been a rematch and I agree it was very close fight...I had it 1 round up for choc or a draw...
I agree it was done and dusted a while ago too Ash.

Only reason it surfaced again is our absolutely-chronic-Mundine-nut-hugger 'friend' 20a87 continues to live in denial about it!

If you read back a little in this particular thread you'll see quite clearly why the topic bubbled to the surface again.

As you, a long-time self confessed Mundine nut-hugger, seem to have managed to deal with the facts regarding Geale, surely it's high time 20a87 did as well.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #440
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Smutt View Post
I wish people (this means YOU 20-****stain) would not refer to Mundine as the original Aboriginal... He's hardly ****ing Albert Namatjira now is he??
I can't recall saying anything of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
It is just like groundhog day mate.

There aint no good answer, today, tomorrow or next week.

Mundine just plain dogged it, and everyone from Geale down knows it.
It seems you live in a perpetual "6 more weeks of winter", bill murray got it in the end, you will too one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain View Post
Spoke to Billy Traecey and Graham Shaw last week. Billy said how he thought Daniel won against Choc and would love a rematch. I replied Daniel has nothing Choc wants. What I would do is put Daniel in a position to force a rematch. Choc is a WBA person so all The Grange team has to do is challenge and beat a top 5 WBA rated middleweight and he is back in. They agreed but never mentioned once about Choc dogging a fight. After all hes beat the best 2 fighters they have.
Speaks for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
I respect your answer Flash, but it's all very well saying Geale has nothing Anthony wants. The fact is though it cost Anthony a 'world' title to avoid Geale!

As Goodnight said above, it seems Anthony expects Geale to do all the hard yards for him, whilst Anthony sits at home carefully playing it safe.

You said yourself you'd rather he stepped up and fought overseas fighters rather than sit around fighting locals.

Who bought the title to the table the first time these two met? - Geale.

There was oodles of public interest for the second bout. The organisation even ordered a re-match on the basis of the closeness of the first bout. Geale said himself on DSS' radio show that there was also a re-match clause in the original fight contract.

...but Anthony again decided to tread the well worn, easy path that leads nowhere.

...oh, and bin a 'world' title belt in the process.
Mundine is the draw, he beat geale and took his belt. The rematch clause would have been if choc lost but he didn't so dry your eyes and when geale gets another belt i'm sure mundine will come to take it off his hands again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
More like Daniel has too much of what Mandy doesn't want. Fight.

Which is part of the many reasons why Mandy is so unpopular.
Grange don't have to do anything, the ball is in Mandys court.

One fight was so close it demanded a rematch which hasn't happened.
The other fight was fought at a weight which was not originally agreed to.

Are you sure he hasn't dogged it?
delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
I agree it was done and dusted a while ago too Ash.

Only reason it surfaced again is our absolutely-chronic-Mundine-nut-hugger 'friend' 20a87 continues to live in denial about it!

If you read back a little in this particular thread you'll see quite clearly why the topic bubbled to the surface again.

As you, a long-time self confessed Mundine nut-hugger, seem to have managed to deal with the facts regarding Geale, surely it's high time 20a87 did as well.
You pick an angle on a topic and argue it to the hilt regardless of the fact it's wrong, mr 3 time didnt get his nickname by giving everyone a rematch, he takes belts. Geale will get a belt and try and fight mundine again because he understands he got beaten and he understands he's not the draw and he needs to fight mundine to have another payday
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #441
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mundines next fight

A little birdy tells me that there's a decent fight up next for Mundine...
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #442
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
A little birdy tells me that there's a decent fight up next for Mundine...
All his fights are decent!

Who is his next victim?
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #443
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
It is just like groundhog day mate.

There aint no good answer, today, tomorrow or next week.

Mundine just plain dogged it, and everyone from Geale down knows it.
Mundine plain dogged it and went for Pavlik
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #444
JOELCORE
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Its preatty simple mundine was in the mix for the pavlick fight,they pushed for it,Hbo didnt think he had enough brand regocnition.If he beats martinez and paul williams keeps updating his facebook status rather the fight hopefully choc gets then fight he wants.They want it.

Choc ducked kessler.Yes ..........................But geale green and every other guy from 175 to 154 cant be fought at the same time.
JOELCORE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #445
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
I can't recall saying anything of the sort.

Seems your memory is both short and selective!

It seems you live in a perpetual "6 more weeks of winter", bill murray got it in the end, you will too one day.

The show depicts an arrogant and egotistical guy who discovers it's Groundhog Day again, and again, and again.

...now that's you to a T my nut-hugger 'friend'...in particular regarding your pin-up boy and Geale...hug on baby!

Mundine is the draw, he beat geale and took his belt. The rematch clause would have been if choc lost but he didn't so dry your eyes and when geale gets another belt i'm sure mundine will come to take it off his hands again.

Do you seriously believe the bit highlighted in green above??

Mundine was the challenger for Geale's title!!

You pick an angle on a topic and argue it to the hilt regardless of the fact it's wrong,

Even Ash conceeds on this one baby.

Just let in go!!

mr 3 time didnt get his nickname by giving everyone a rematch, he takes belts.

He has won a few paper belts along the way, and credit to him. Pity he can't manage to hold onto any of them though.

Geale will get a belt and try and fight mundine again because he understands he got beaten

He did, and narrowly, and I haven't contested that.

It's only that fools carry on with dillusional **** like 'gave him a whippin' etc - stuff they've heard somewhere on US television and thing it applies everywhere - even though the Geale v Mundine was that closely contested the judges struggled to split them.

and he understands he's not the draw and he needs to fight mundine to have another payday.

Fighting Mundine again would have and should have already resulted in another payday.

But we all know what happened. It's just that some of us are struggling to come to terms with the facts and choose instead to live in denial.
See comments inserted above.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #446
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
The rematch clause would have been if choc lost
Yeh, and you know that how?
In any case, a rematch was ordered only a few months later because the next 3 judges gave the win to Geale.
Quote:
You pick an angle on a topic and argue it to the hilt regardless of the fact it's wrong, mr 3 time didnt get his nickname by giving everyone a rematch, he takes belts. Geale will get a belt and try and fight mundine again because he understands he got beaten and he understands he's not the draw and he needs to fight mundine to have another payday
So according to you it's ok for Mandy to only take fights for a payday, but not Geale?
Your argument is getting weaker by the minute, baby.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #447
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Mundine plain dogged it and went for Pavlik
He sure did.
He cracked his piggy bank open and offered a whole $1.50.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #448
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOELCORE View Post
Choc ducked kessler.Yes ..........................But geale green and every other guy from 175 to 154 cant be fought at the same time.
At the same time as what?
Geale was made Mandys mandatory, yet Mandy instead has had 2 farce fights since.
You really think he hasn't ducked Geale?
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #449
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 970
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
A little birdy tells me that there's a decent fight up next for Mundine...
Even us non-lovers hope so Ippy!

Aussie fight fans just want to see him step up and test himself like he's repeatedly told us he would - for years!

I'd like to see him beat a 'name'. I'd actually be in his corner.

It's just that when he fights chump like Falliga, you start to side with the rank underdog and hope they can somehow pull off an upset. That's really what you deserve when you decieve the public & yourself fighting patsy opponents.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #450
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Mundines next fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
See comments inserted above.
I'm making moves you don't comprehend.

It's a film not a show, and the 'prognosticator of all prognosticators' could make a better case than you when arguing the finer points of boxing.

The original aboriginal walked into the geale fight with no belt and left wearing "geale's belt" essentially becoming mr 3 time. Sugar Ray gives "the man" his props because he knows whats up. I daresay Mundine will be referred to as the 5th middleweight king in 20years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Yeh, and you know that how?
In any case, a rematch was ordered only a few months later because the next 3 judges gave the win to Geale.

So according to you it's ok for Mandy to only take fights for a payday, but not Geale?
Your argument is getting weaker by the minute, baby.
I can't recall the ceremony giving geale the belt back and I don't think boxrec have changed the result. Honestly it's no more official than letting you be the judge of that fight

I've got no problem with geale getting paid, he knows if he wants a payday he has to earn it. He's not a draw like choc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Even us non-lovers hope so Ippy!

Aussie fight fans just want to see him step up and test himself like he's repeatedly told us he would - for years!

I'd like to see him beat a 'name'. I'd actually be in his corner.

It's just that when he fights chump like Falliga, you start to side with the rank underdog and hope they can somehow pull off an upset. That's really what you deserve when you decieve the public & yourself fighting patsy opponents.
I would be more than happy to point you in the direction of a copy of the green fight, the geale fight, the taylor fight, the soliman trilogy etc etc

I don't think you would be allowed near a corner, they wouldn't want your mindless advice.

IBO Baby!!!!
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015