victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Paul appleby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickP View Post
Why? He was dire against O Hara.
Wasnt 1 of burns best nights against o'hara but i just think burns would outbox lindsay all night. Id have it 116-112 burns though not to take anything away from lindsay think hes a great fighter. would love to see him fight simpson def a 50-50 fight IMO
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2009, 06:31 PM   #47
underdogg2
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhugo4222 View Post
Wasnt 1 of burns best nights against o'hara but i just think burns would outbox lindsay all night. Id have it 116-112 burns though not to take anything away from lindsay think hes a great fighter. would love to see him fight simpson def a 50-50 fight IMO
will after watching what o hara did to burns please believe me burns would not beat lindsay. martin is a great thinker and has every punch in the book and would easily do burns i think personally .
underdogg2 is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #48
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas View Post
6 figures apparently

I think it was steve bunce that said that. Anyway wasn't one of Appleby's friends or family members on this not long ago saying he got no where near 100 grand. Think they might have even said it wasn't even half that.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #49
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Pointless argument as Lindasay's not a huge Featherweight and won't be going up to Super-Featherweight for some time anyway(if ever).

I heard Appleby got around 40,000 for his fight with Lindsay but that's just another rumour really and I can't confirm it.
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2009, 03:05 AM   #50
underdogg2
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigears View Post
pointless argument as lindasay's not a huge featherweight and won't be going up to super-featherweight for some time anyway(if ever).

I heard appleby got around 40,000 for his fight with lindsay but that's just another rumour really and i can't confirm it.
i just think he would take burns out very easily
Old 09-01-2009, 06:50 AM   #51
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

sorry mate your right to your opinion but ricky would do what mathews was doing to martin but hitting harder and faster,only one winner thats burns.
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2009, 06:54 AM   #52
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

patrick 1000% agree wasnt rickys best performance although there was a reason which i wont go into,but mitchell was just as poor in his last fight i was there and seen it for myself,these guys are not machines mate,they will have off nights!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #53
PatrickP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
patrick 1000% agree wasnt rickys best performance although there was a reason which i wont go into,but mitchell was just as poor in his last fight i was there and seen it for myself,these guys are not machines mate,they will have off nights!
I understand that they are not machines but like Appleby, Burns was getting too much hype for what he brings to the table. Then we have Lindsay who beat Matthews (he wasn't getting outboxed btw - he knew exactly what he was doing against Derry, he was looking for that left all night, it was not a lucky punch), and he beat Appleby comprehensible yet he gets little credit. I judge a boxer on what they do in the ring, not what they might do in the future or what they should have done. Results and performances speak for themselves so based on that Lindsay beats Burns imo.
PatrickP is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #54
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

oh well,now tell me what would have happened had martin not been able to land his left hook? ps. he was getting well outboxed prior to the stoppage patrick.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #55
PatrickP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
oh well,now tell me what would have happened had martin not been able to land his left hook? ps. he was getting well outboxed prior to the stoppage patrick.
I disagree Billy, I tend not to listen to the biased commentary and instead watch the actual fight and imo Lindsay was not being well outboxed. The fact is he did land the hook to score a spectacular stoppage, but of course Appleby fans were putting this down to luck and were predicting that the Scot would totally outclass Lindsay. Now that Lindsay has beaten Appleby too some people still can't give him credit.
PatrickP is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #56
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Trust me Patrick, the crowd beat paul more than lindsay did. If that was in Scotland Paul would still be champ imo.

And Derry was definitely beating him comfortably before the KO. If you couldnt see that then you should maybe watch it again.
kerrminator is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #57
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrminator View Post
Trust me Patrick, the crowd beat paul more than lindsay did. If that was in Scotland Paul would still be champ imo.

And Derry was definitely beating him comfortably before the KO. If you couldnt see that then you should maybe watch it again.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself here, Appleby had barely won a round and Lynsday looked far too pollished for him.

Appleby has the talent and will come back but he needs a new trainer badly.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #58
PatrickP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrminator View Post

Excuses, excuses... Lindsay would have beaten Appleby in any venue. There are only two boxers in the ring, the crowd is irrelevant. It is really bad form when you can't give credit where it's due. If Appleby had won I would say fair play, not come up with every excuse in the book for the other guy. If Appleby can't handle hostile crowds he shouldn't be boxing, that's part of the game.
As for the Matthews fight, it was 50-50 before the ko imo and I don't need to watch it again thanks.
PatrickP is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #59
underdogg2
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickP View Post
Excuses, excuses... Lindsay would have beaten Appleby in any venue. There are only two boxers in the ring, the crowd is irrelevant. It is really bad form when you can't give credit where it's due. If Appleby had won I would say fair play, not come up with every excuse in the book for the other guy. If Appleby can't handle hostile crowds he shouldn't be boxing, that's part of the game.
As for the Matthews fight, it was 50-50 before the ko imo and I don't need to watch it again thanks.
i totally agree patrick lindsay was not getting out boxed by mathews at all it was neck and neck maybe 1 round in it to lindsay Some of the clowns on here who no nothing about boxing were just listing till the 2 clowns who were commentain.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #60
PatrickP
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdogg2 View Post
i totally agree patrick lindsay was not getting out boxed by mathews at all it was neck and neck maybe 1 round in it to lindsay Some of the clowns on here who no nothing about boxing were just listing till the 2 clowns who were commentain.
PatrickP is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum