Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:38 AM   #76
stillafan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Introducing: Pinoy Prospect Jonathan Taconing!!!

did you say he only has 2 fights???

No one is impressive in only 2 fights!...tons of fighters start off beating early competition because they fight opponents with 2nd jobs at first.......wait til he build up more wins against better compe before the word prospect is even used
stillafan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2007, 02:50 AM   #77
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbandit
Ah, yes another "pinoy prospect" just like Bautista,Jaca,Gorrez,Mayol,Viloria,Suico,Allanic,all exposed by mexicans.You are so blinded by your nuthugging of pinoy fighters,that it's pathetic.It's cool that you support your boxers,but damn you take it to another level.Man seriously how old are you?
How about name me your Mexican Prospect??? Let's see if they can beat a real Filipino Prospect.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2007, 02:58 AM   #78
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafan
did you say he only has 2 fights???

No one is impressive in only 2 fights!...tons of fighters start off beating early competition because they fight opponents with 2nd jobs at first.......wait til he build up more wins against better compe before the word prospect is even used
Taconing fought a Debuting fighter, He was 1-0 going in. so basically it's an even fight. But I don't based my observetion on his record but based it on what Skills, power & speed he's shown. I've seen Floyd 2nd fight & he struggled with a Bum lefty. Taconing is not even threathened & shows a Variety of punches already. And that after fight Show off he does makes him a Charismatic fighter.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #79
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbandit
Ah, yes another "pinoy prospect" just like Bautista,Jaca,Gorrez,Mayol,Viloria,Suico,Allanic,all exposed by mexicans.You are so blinded by your nuthugging of pinoy fighters,that it's pathetic.It's cool that you support your boxers,but damn you take it to another level.Man seriously how old are you?
yeah bautista, jaca, viloria and suico were exposed but not gorres. imo, gorres did beat montiel if not for viruet who slapped gorres of deductions without a single warning. talking of robbery at his own turf.

also mayol is still young and raw and could bounce from his loss. he got careless with solis.

bautista is also raw but his chin has some issue. if he can improve on his defense just like what luisito espinosa did, he can still be a champion.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #80
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana
yeah bautista, jaca, viloria and suico were exposed but not gorres. imo, gorres did beat montiel if not for viruet who slapped gorres of deductions without a single warning. talking of robbery at his own turf.

also mayol is still young and raw and could bounce from his loss. he got careless with solis.

bautista is also raw but his chin has some issue. if he can improve on his defense just like what luisito espinosa did, he can still be a champion.
Bautista also needs to work on an offensive arsenal that doesn't leave him so open to counters. Tighten it up a bit. His hooks are a little wide and needs to be shortened.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #81
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
Bautista also needs to work on an offensive arsenal that doesn't leave him so open to counters. Tighten it up a bit. His hooks are a little wide and needs to be shortened.

this is why he got clobbered by penalosa in sparring before the philippines-mexico cup and eventually him being exposed by de leon.

about de leon, man i was surprised with that straight. i am not aware that he has that because i find him clumsy with his wide shots during his penalosa match.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2007, 09:48 PM   #82
loui_ludwig
Journeyman

His just beginning his boxing career. So don't overhype him.
loui_ludwig is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #83
mbandit
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana

Just to let you know if Viruet would have not taken those points away it would have still been a draw,and Montiel would have kept his title.But I'm not trying to disrepect your boxers,I guess I got carried away but I really admire and respect pinoy boxers.I think it's to early to tell if this guy has a good future though.
mbandit is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #84
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

here's a little advice for ya jonathan.............

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

stay at 112
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum