Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #46
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
Which Euro fighters do I push? I would like to see some evidence.
You just named 2.

The majority of your posts are spent saying Jones has a glass jaw.

You like facts? You produce evidence, outside your opinion, that I cannot contradict that Jones had a glass jaw his entire career and handpicked his opponents. You won't be able to. I have asked you before and all you do is go on and on about Jones not fighting anybody, where as I can produce a list of the fighters he fought and proved they were top 10 fighters or champions.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #47
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
What I remember was an interview by Max Kellerman on the Best Damn Sports Show (when Kellerman was with Fox) and he asked Jones if he would fight Lennox and the answer was 50 million. Lennox would have KOed Glass Jaw Roy with a jab.
Blah blah....only a few guys like you push the Glass Jaw bit. Funny how you can ignore his first 50 fights just to use 2 of them at age 34 to prove you knew something all along, despite evidence to the contrary.

As I said....Lewis said the offer was for 25 million. Even if it was MORE, Lewis acknowledged the offer. And that was the point now wasn't it?
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #48
A-50
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
You just named 2.

The majority of your posts are spent saying Jones has a glass jaw.

You like facts? You produce evidence, outside your opinion, that I cannot contradict that Jones had a glass jaw his entire career and handpicked his opponents. You won't be able to. I have asked you before and all you do is go on and on about Jones not fighting anybody, where as I can produce a list of the fighters he fought and proved they were top 10 fighters or champions.

you were acting like I only push Euro fighters which I do not. Quit trying to spin this. Out of all the fighters around today and I like 2 Euro's and that makes me someone who pushes Euro fighters?

Jones was knocked down by Lou Del Valle for christ sakes, the issue is nobody landed a flush punch on that Glass Jaw and you saw what happened when they did and nighter guy was a power puncher.
A-50 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #49
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
you were acting like I only push Euro fighters which I do not. Quit trying to spin this. Out of all the fighters around today and I like 2 Euro's and that makes me someone who pushes Euro fighters?

Jones was knocked down by Lou Del Valle for christ sakes, the issue is nobody landed a flush punch on that Glass Jaw and you saw what happened when they did and nighter guy was a power puncher.
No spin...where did I say you ONLY push Euro fighters. I said you push Euro fighters constantly. Not that you only push them. Don't try to add meaning to my words where there is none. I have seen you mention more than 2, but honestly, considering you never come back with proof of anything any time I ask you to in a cordial debate, I can't be bothered doing it for you.

Like I said, you spend most of your posts that I see saying Jones has a glass jaw.

Jones had a flash KD against Del Valle and got up at the count of 5.

Ruiz, Hopkins, Toney all landed flush. Jones never flinched. To say no one landed a punch on his jaw in 50 fights is absurd, and again, is an opinion you cannot prove, where as I have a video of Hopkins hitting Jones flush a # of times in the latter rounds of their fight, and we all saw Ruiz, not a big puncher, but a HW hitting a guy who isn't even a true LHW, hit him flush. Your point isn't very strong.

Tarver is not a power puncher? He has 18 KO's in 25 wins. He is known for having a huge left hand. So that's just you exaggerating to make your point. And Johnson landed all night on Jones. It took alot of punishment for Jones to go down.

Like I said....facts say contrary to what you post constantly. His chin may be average, but glass is overstating it quite a bit.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #50
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 9,547
vCash: 1644
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
Since it seems there are many people here who think Ruiz was a fighter that fought within the rules and has such a great resume let's look at him for a second.


KOed by Tua in 19 seconds

Lost to not one but TWO former Middleweights (Jones/Toney)

His style was so boring and pathetic it caused a referee to make a mercy stoppage versus Oquendo for the fans (I can never remember seeing this since)

Has to fake low blows to beat Kirk Johnson (pathetic)

Glass Jaw Roy Jones handpicks you to win a Heavyweight Paper Title (this should be the real evidence that Ruiz is horrible)

The only reason Ruiz "won" a belt was King thought he could create a Latino PPV Heavyweight star to the huge Latino fanbase, too bad the fighter he picked for this was boring and just basically a club fighter. King's plan backfired.


Ruiz is a terrible fighter with a cheating "style" end of story.
It's been close to a year since the last time Ruiz fought and he has no fights coming up and his name hasn't even been mentioned. What kind of a ****ing loser are you to start a bullshit Ruiz thread(that's been done many times before)?????

**** Ruiz and **** you. I wish you would **** off like Ruiz has.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #51
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 9,547
vCash: 1644
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

I'd rather watch Ruiz vs Rahman then read another one of your bullshit posts.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #52
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 823
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
Since it seems there are many people here who think Ruiz was a fighter that fought within the rules and has such a great resume let's look at him for a second.


KOed by Tua in 19 seconds

Lost to not one but TWO former Middleweights (Jones/Toney)

His style was so boring and pathetic it caused a referee to make a mercy stoppage versus Oquendo for the fans (I can never remember seeing this since)

Has to fake low blows to beat Kirk Johnson (pathetic)

Glass Jaw Roy Jones handpicks you to win a Heavyweight Paper Title (this should be the real evidence that Ruiz is horrible)

The only reason Ruiz "won" a belt was King thought he could create a Latino PPV Heavyweight star to the huge Latino fanbase, too bad the fighter he picked for this was boring and just basically a club fighter. King's plan backfired.


Ruiz is a terrible fighter with a cheating "style" end of story.
And don't forget the fact he had gift decisions as well. (Golota)
andyZOR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #53
A-50
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
No spin...where did I say you ONLY push Euro fighters. I said you push Euro fighters constantly. Not that you only push them. Don't try to add meaning to my words where there is none. I have seen you mention more than 2, but honestly, considering you never come back with proof of anything any time I ask you to in a cordial debate, I can't be bothered doing it for you.

Like I said, you spend most of your posts that I see saying Jones has a glass jaw.

Jones had a flash KD against Del Valle and got up at the count of 5.

Ruiz, Hopkins, Toney all landed flush. Jones never flinched. To say no one landed a punch on his jaw in 50 fights is absurd, and again, is an opinion you cannot prove, where as I have a video of Hopkins hitting Jones flush a # of times in the latter rounds of their fight, and we all saw Ruiz, not a big puncher, but a HW hitting a guy who isn't even a true LHW, hit him flush. Your point isn't very strong.

Tarver is not a power puncher? He has 18 KO's in 25 wins. He is known for having a huge left hand. So that's just you exaggerating to make your point. And Johnson landed all night on Jones. It took alot of punishment for Jones to go down.

Like I said....facts say contrary to what you post constantly. His chin may be average, but glass is overstating it quite a bit.

When Jones fought Ruiz, ole Jawny last KO was 1998! Who did Ruiz KO? Nobody but bums and do not mention that referee mercy stoppage on Oquendo. The bottomline is Glass Jaw Roy handpicked Ruiz and then tried to make it out like he was about to fight Jack Dempsey.
A-50 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #54
A-50
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718
It's been close to a year since the last time Ruiz fought and he has no fights coming up and his name hasn't even been mentioned. What kind of a ****ing loser are you to start a bullshit Ruiz thread(that's been done many times before)?????

**** Ruiz and **** you. I wish you would **** off like Ruiz has.

you must have missed the Vitali Klitschko/Jawny Ruiz thread.
A-50 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #55
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,101
vCash: 588
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin
He ****ing sucks . Most of the fights against names that everyone claims where so great could have went the other way and probably should have . He didn't win any of them convincingly !
Not only that, but he CHEATED in virtually all of those fights, usually by holding excessively, but sometimes, even worse, by faking "low blows." There isn't a "win" on Ruiz's ledger once he started fighting decent fighters, that isn't tainted in some respect.

Notice how once King dumped him, he hasn't "won" a single fight. There's a reason for that.
Zakman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #56
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
When Jones fought Ruiz, ole Jawny last KO was 1998! Who did Ruiz KO? Nobody but bums and do not mention that referee mercy stoppage on Oquendo. The bottomline is Glass Jaw Roy handpicked Ruiz and then tried to make it out like he was about to fight Jack Dempsey.
Blah blah blah.....like I said. Never facts, just your opinion. Even an average hitting HW would hit hard compared to a LHW.

Agenda exposed as always. When you have anything other than your opinion to back up your claims, let me know and we can discuss them.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #57
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: in a boxing gym near you
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
Not only that, but he CHEATED in virtually all of those fights, usually by holding excessively, but sometimes, even worse, by faking "low blows." There isn't a "win" on Ruiz's ledger once he started fighting decent fighters, that isn't tainted in some respect.

Notice how once King dumped him, he hasn't "won" a single fight. There's a reason for that.
I woud say Lewis cheated in the Bruno fight for holding his head up with one hand and hitting him with the other. He also cheated against Grant holding his head down when he threw the uppercut to KO him. He also cheated against Holyfield when he held his neck down. He also cheated against Tyson when he leaned all his weight on Tysons back when he was bent down. Lennox lewis cheated as much as Ruiz did, so his legacy should be tarnished.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:23 PM   #58
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: LA
Posts: 6,515
vCash: 962
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31
If his resume is garbage, Vitali Klitschko's is a step below garbage right?
Well said.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #59
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 6,294
vCash: 760
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
When Jones fought Ruiz, ole Jawny last KO was 1998! Who did Ruiz KO? Nobody but bums and do not mention that referee mercy stoppage on Oquendo. The bottomline is Glass Jaw Roy handpicked Ruiz and then tried to make it out like he was about to fight Jack Dempsey.
No, the bottom line is no glass jawed light heavyweight (especially one that started his carrer at middle) takes a flush shot from any heavyweight. That disproves the whole "glass jaw" crap that you are obsessed with.

Last edited by one punch; 06-16-2006 at 03:57 AM.
Mind Reader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #60
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 6,294
vCash: 760
Default Re: Let's Look At John Ruiz For A Second..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
Many people here have agendas.

This whole thread is one of your many agendas to try and discredit Roy Jones.. This really isnt even about Ruiz is it??
Mind Reader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013