boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Did Castillo low blow or Did Hatton fake low blows?

Some may consider this irrelevant. But Another comparison with a Mini-Ruiz?

The ref said Hatton shorts were high and punching on the belt was fine. In the 3rd Castillo hit Hatton on the belt line twice, Hatton complained to the ref he was punched lowm, Castillo is warned

Round 4 Castillo lands a peach on the belt line, Castillo is immediately fined a point and Hatton is given a seconds respite, which with credit to him he didn't really take time out.

I think this was unfair to Castillo and I think Hatton was play acting. The ref said Castillo could hit on the belt line - he did so but was punnished
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Did Castillo low blow or Did Hatton fake low blows?

Look closely it is clear that he did it although not very hard, you can draw unfounded comparisons all you wan't but he still did a better job than that ***got Floyd.
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher
Some may consider this irrelevant. But Another comparison with a Mini-Ruiz?

The ref said Hatton shorts were high and punching on the belt was fine. In the 3rd Castillo hit Hatton on the belt line twice, Hatton complained to the ref he was punched lowm, Castillo is warned

Round 4 Castillo lands a peach on the belt line, Castillo is immediately fined a point and Hatton is given a seconds respite, which with credit to him he didn't really take time out.

I think this was unfair to Castillo and I think Hatton was play acting. The ref said Castillo could hit on the belt line - he did so but was punnished
I saw one relly borderline low blow. But the one that he got deducted for........did NOT look like a low blow.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
Jimbo
Super Sharp Shooter
ESB Full Member

In the interview afterwards Hatton said that he was aware Castillo hit low when he was frustrated, expected him to do so and was drawing the ref's attention to it. Hatton said the point deduction blow was low and painful but wasn't a killer.
Jimbo is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
grayggr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Look at Corrales v Castillo 2

Castillo looks to hit low on the blind side of the ref, it seems part of his tactics.
grayggr is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

achilles i found a video showing otherwise, let me try post it.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #7
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
Jimbo
Super Sharp Shooter
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Not sure that video's very worthwhile? Looked like it landed to me and as I said above Hatton said that it wasn't a powerful, crippling blow in the post fight interview.
Jimbo is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
itliangladiator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I haven't seen the replays, but I thought that Castillo hit him right on the belt line. I don't think Cortez should have taken a point from Castllo. I know in the end it didn't matter, but I still thought it was legal.
itliangladiator is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #10
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Not sure that video's very worthwhile? Looked like it landed to me and as I said above Hatton said that it wasn't a powerful, crippling blow in the post fight interview.
It was a bs deduction...plain and simple. And from the look of that video, even if it did land, it appeared to be at the top of the beltline...a perfectly legal shot.

Oh well, who cares. Hatton won anyway.

sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 01:01 PM   #11
DrunkenShad
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Hatton's acting gets really annoying. Seems like every body punch that is to his front, he cries foul blow to the Ref. Panzy needs to be a man and complain when he really gets hit low, not just cry to the Ref to get a point taken from the other fighter. Those kind of tactics are pathetic. He did the same thing in the Zoo fight.
DrunkenShad is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #12
The Italarican
Pretty Good Poster
ESB Senior Member

The punch that Cortez deducted Castillo for looked legal to me, but I don't remember Hatton complaining about that shot anyway.
The Italarican is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #13
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

I haven't re-watched the two he got warnings for in the 3rd.
But the one in the 4th was on the blue under the black beltline...whether a point should've gone or not I couldn't say for certain.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #14
Lar Janus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I like Ricky Hatton, think he's a stand-up guy, trains his ass off, shows much love to his fans, is pretty clever, and respectful. That said, its hard to overlook his grappling style of boxing (in his two biggest fights, KT & JLC) and the FACT that he's gotten favorable treatment from the refs in BOTH of the above-mentioned fights.

I was VERY disappointed w/last night's fight! JLC looked a little wobbly, the first couple of rounds, but when he DOES start working his way into the fight, in the third, Joe "I'm fair but firm" [BULL****!] Cortez--after having said in front of EVERYONE that Hatton's shorts were high--starts warning JLC for phantom low blows! There were shades of Manchester and KT, when Hatton looked over at Cortez, after getting hit with a shot clearly NOT low, as if to say, "Hey, mate, you're not gonna let him hit me with body shots, are you?" . Then, at the beginning of the fourth he IMMEDIATELY deducts a point for a shot that wasn't even close to being low! Hatton, meanwhile, contrary to BOXING rules, uses non-stop grappling to maul JLC--with ZERO warnings from Joe "I'm a tool" Cortez. So, we have a fight where one fighter (JLC) is not allowed to throw body-shots, while the other can hold/hit, at will.

I think JLC knew the 'fix' was in, and that he was gonna get DQ'd, if he tried to work the body--which HAD to be a big part of his game plan. I believe Hatton landed a great body shot, but that JLC just stayed down. I hate to see that, and even SAY it, but the bias was unmistakable. Boxing is getting to be as bad as pro-wrestling. It's getting harder and harder to support it, and I've lost a TON of respect (like it HAD much left, anyways!) for the sport with **** like PBF/DLH, Spinks/JT, and, now, Hatton/JLC.

For the Hatton fans: again, don't get me wrong, nothing against Hatton--he's just maximizing the advantages he's being given--he's a class act, outside the ring, and does what he has to, to win, inside. Its just a side effect of the crookedness of the sanctioning bodies, networks, promoters, judges, and referees--that have become the norm in boxing.
Lar Janus is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:27 PM   #15
Boyd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

i don't think they were low. i wonder if they hurt or if he was just looking for the deduction.
Boyd is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum