Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Nigel_Benn
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Is Kelly being a little Overhyped

I think he will win and i think his fight with Miranda is probally fight of the year so far, But are people overhyping him on one fight not to mention completly underestimating Jermaine Taylor who despite the closeness of the fights with Hopkins did Better against Hopkins then Wright and Tarver, Also People should get of Taylors back about not fighting the best gives Hopkins a return Match straight away, Fought Wright when everyone had Wright top 3 p4p took a easy fight with Ouma i cant defend him for fighting Spinks though.But i feel Kelly is getting a little overhyped Jeff Lacy style.
Nigel_Benn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623
Default Re: Is Kelly being a little Overhyped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Benn
I think he will win and i think his fight with Miranda is probally fight of the year so far, But are people overhyping him on one fight not to mention completly underestimating Jermaine Taylor who despite the closeness of the fights with Hopkins did Better against Hopkins then Wright and Tarver, Also People should get of Taylors back about not fighting the best gives Hopkins a return Match straight away, Fought Wright when everyone had Wright top 3 p4p took a easy fight with Ouma i cant defend him for fighting Spinks though.But i feel Kelly is getting a little overhyped Jeff Lacy style.
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

completely agree
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

We'll find out real soon. But to be honest, I think Kelly is the real deal with all the attributes to make him a great Champion.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #5
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

yes, he is when people say he could go up to '68 and KO Bute, Calzaghe and Kessler. I have no problems with people saying he can destroy taylor 'cause Kellys style, at least to me, is bad for Taylor cause Taylor doesn't like pressure and add knockout power to that
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #6
AmazingHook
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

JETSKI!

You're completely in love with Kelly, right? You're crazy about him the way you were crazy about Adamek. If Taylor beats Kelly that would really break your heart..right?
AmazingHook is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #7
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingHook
JETSKI!

You're completely in love with Kelly, right? You're crazy about him the way you were crazy about Adamek. If Taylor beats Kelly that would really break your heart..right?
Don't even want to think about that. But I'm confident KP will get the job done on 9-29.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #8
AmazingHook
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
Don't even want to think about that. But I'm confident KP will get the job done on 9-29.

Only time will tell.

It will most likely be an action packed fight, so I'm really looking forward to this fight.
AmazingHook is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #9
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14587

I think taylor will outbox and outwork pavlik for about the first 7 rounds and after that the fight will get interesting,but i think when its all said and done taylor will win a ud,only because he will put the early rounds in the bank.Kelly will have his moments late in the fight,but i think he will come up a lil short,this fight could end up being fight of the year.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 9633

I think it's not people overhyping Pavlik but rather people just not giving JT enough credit. It's amazing how so many people talk about him as if he's done absolutely nothing. Maybe people would respect him more if one of the Hopkins decisions went to Hopkins.

I think Taylor wins this one quite easily.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #11
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Yes, Pavlik is definitely being overhyped. That being said, as Jetski put it there's a chance Pavlik has improved coming into his first ever title fight and he could be the next MW champ. Taylor is also overrated as a fighter, so I don't see the upset as unatainable by any means. Still, as it stands, Pavlik is an unproven quantity coming up against a boxer whose limitations we know all too well.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #12
FlatNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

On the basis of the Miranda fight, Kelly has been getting a lot of hype, especially here on East Side.Sure, Pavlick did a great job against the one dimensional Edison, but Taylor is a whole different package of noodles.Jermain has been feeling the sting of a lot of critisism lately, and Pavlick will be the perfect opponent to unload his frustration on.Not to say Pavlicks a bum, or even that he won't have a great career.But Taylors ready for him, and the middleweight title won't be changing hands this year.
FlatNose is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #13
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
Yes, Pavlik is definitely being overhyped. That being said, as Jetski put it there's a chance Pavlik has improved coming into his first ever title fight and he could be the next MW champ. Taylor is also overrated as a fighter, so I don't see the upset as unatainable by any means. Still, as it stands, Pavlik is an unproven quantity coming up against a boxer whose limitations we know all too well.
Well, everyone has to prove their worth sometime & this is what KP's been working so hard for. He's real hungry & all the pressure is on Taylor.

I'm going to AC for this one. Sure, I'm nervous as hell. But at the same time, feel very confident for a Pavlik victory.

((((((((((((( GO AXE )))))))))))))
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 05:19 PM   #14
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP

vCash: 622

Personally I don't think Kelly Pavlik is over-hyped at all. Lots of people act as if Miranda is the only notable opponent he's ever beat. The truth is, while he does not have experience with elite level fighters, he has definitely made his bones!

Brewer TKO in 2
Zuniga TKO in 9
McKart TKO in 6
Zertuche KO in 8
Miranda TKO in 7

I'll grant that none of these guys are world class, but they can all fight! Brewer went the distance with JT, but Kelly needed only 2 rounds to dispose of him. McKart gave winky all he wanted and then some TWICE. Kelly took Mckart out in 6 rounds. Prior to that Bronco had NEVER EVEN BEEN DOWN! My point is that Kelly doesn't just beat his opponents; he destroys them and makes it look easy!

JT has a lot of detractors who don't give him enough credit. So does Kelly. I think this is going to be Kelly's toughest fight, and it may also be JT's toughest. Taylor has NO CHANCE against Pavlik in a war, but if he goes in with a good plan to box his way to a decision, and then carefully executes that plan, he can win.

Boo
booradley is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #15
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
Well, everyone has to prove their worth sometime & this is what KP's been working so hard for. He's real hungry & all the pressure is on Taylor.

I'm going to AC for this one. Sure, I'm nervous as hell. But at the same time, feel very confident for a Pavlik victory.

((((((((((((( GO AXE )))))))))))))
Exactly right, this is Pavlik's chance to prove that he is not just another padded record. It's all or nothing for the kid, right now.

I will be cheering for him as well Jets.
Axe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum