Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #16
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Manfredo and Beyer are the only ones I'd favour Taylor to defeat. The rest should win by KO.
Taylor doesn't strike me as being unknockoutable but who knows until it is proven.

Once again your chin theories are trash and purely opinions.

FACT - Taylor has ONLY fought CHAMPS in ALL his title fights.
FACT - Taylor is a PROVEN P4P fighter.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #17
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623
Default Re: I find it hilarious that people think Taylor can have success at SMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Taylor doesn't strike me as being unknockoutable but who knows until it is proven.

Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #18
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:

A proven P4P fighter? Please.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #19
KayEpps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

After Taylor smashes Pavlik and then moves up in weight and continues to win - you'll will just find something else to complain about.

Who has looked good fighting - B-Hop - Winky Wright - Ouma - or Spinks?

Nobody looks good fighting these guys - with the exception on Judah/Spinks - so give the man a break. Everyone loved Taylor before the B-Hop fight - I see him putting on a performance come the 29th.
KayEpps is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #20
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 36829

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEpps
Who has looked good fighting - B-Hop - Winky Wright - Ouma - or Spinks?

Ok, I'm stumped, who?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #21
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

The 5'6 Judah looked pretty good against Spinks, but that doesnt really matter. Taylor's inconsistency is really based upon lack of experience. He will improve to the fighter he was expected to become, just in a realistic time frame not super speed like his paymasters wanted him to.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #22
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
It's just astonishing sometimes with boxing fans. You have a guy who took all he could handle from the smaller Wright and in not even talking about the decisions as it was close, struggled deeply. A guy who didn't respond well to the speed of Cory Spinks and a guy who's game plan fell apart under the pressure of the tiny Kassim Ouma.. and he's supposed to beat top 10 SMW's like Bute, Mundine, Froch, Andrade etc.

Not even counting the two top dogs. Of course, some fans think that being competitive with the 40+ Hopkins and Wright mean that he's a class above those names up there, even discounting that even though Wright and Hopkins are P4P ranked fighters, that they lack the intangibles such as size/speed/power combinations of the much larger SMW men.

For example, Froch is an average SMW, but he'd swarm Taylor and knock him out, because Taylor lacks the chin and dynamic ability under pressure to reverse the fight on Froch, he also lacks the power. Andrade would also just pressure until Taylor gave in and then he'd start landing his power bombs and that would be the end of it.

Taylor is mentioning that after the Pavlik bout, win or lose he is going up to 168. I seriously doubt he will fight a natural SMW in his arrival because any of those names, even a guy like Sakio Bika, would present so much trouble that the competition that he has been fighting could not due to the intangible differences. He also gives up his size advantage.

Pavlik will win, then everyone will agree. Classic stuff.
Taylor is big for a middlewt and he's the most talented boxer in the division.

I don't believe he can deal with Calzaghe or Kessler, but he might. IT's not outrageous to speculate that he might be competitive with another eight pounds.

BTW, you still haven't said what will happen with that pricey wine if (when?) Pavlik disappoints you.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #23
pioterbezkitu
Juan Manuel Marquez
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Calzaghe Kessler winner will probably go to 175, nothing will be left at 168. They'll look to Hopkins, Woods, maybe Dawson etc

All the belts will be vacated. Taylor could be successful.
Dawson? Nobody wants to fight a retard

j/k
pioterbezkitu is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #24
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt
Forget Joe and Mikkel, what top 20 SMW would Taylor be a favorite against?

Otis Grant ?

Robin Reid ?

Alan Green ?
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #25
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
What is wrong with his track record? Two close victories over X, a close fight with a top P4P, dominated a former champ from 154 and then ONE horrible fight.

The Spinks fight was a fight where he was just being a moron. Spinks has one gear - SLICK! Make em miss, move, jab, repeat. Taylor moronically was sucked into this.

How many middleweights have Spinks speed, skill or consistency with such an awkward style???
exactly ,, Im not a fan of Taylor by no means but people are basing his with Spinks as an measuring stick of Taylor's skill.. Spinks is a hard fight for anyone Pavlic Included who by the way is stepping up in Competition against Taylor not the other way around .
Spinks is a slick south paw who has made some of the divisions heavy hitter look bad ,Mayorga , Karmazin,Piccirillo just to name a few but my point is , Cory is a very hard guy to fight despite his lack of punching power .
pit is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #26
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
Taylor is big for a middlewt and he's the most talented boxer in the division.

I don't believe he can deal with Calzaghe or Kessler, but he might. IT's not outrageous to speculate that he might be competitive with another eight pounds.

BTW, you still haven't said what will happen with that pricey wine if (when?) Pavlik disappoints you.
I'll throw it up against a brick wall.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #27
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Firstly, what happened to all the people who said Taylor could beat Lacy?

If I go to boxrec, I think Taylor could hang with/beat Mundine, Bute, Froch, Lacy, Beyer, Manfredo, Tsypko and Andrade.
Bute would absolutly destroy Taylor.
DoumB is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #28
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Taylor could win a belt at 168, but I don't think he would ever be the ring champion like he is at middleweight. Calzaghe and Kessler would beat him and I would favor Bute and Mundine.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #29
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I find it hilarious someone was dumb enough to make this thread.
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #30
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
Taylor isn't going to do shit as a SM. A fighter of Allan Green's caliber would beat him.
Exactly.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum